Author Topic: New S7800b (1.4 from dino) Analog X axis gets stuch at 1.0 (hard right)  (Read 2264 times)

MrAkai (OP)

Hi

My S7800b finally arrived (almost 30 days in transit via sweden to us) and the unit itself was popped open slightly (when I picked it up in snapped back together right away)

Anyways I haven't mucked with fw/etc yet but I noticed right away that the d-pad will, about 40-60% of the time register up+right when I push up.

Often, but not always, after this, it acts as if the right is being held down, and you kind of have to jiggle the dpad to stop the right action.

Has anyone seen this?  Was it a relatively simple fix?

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 11:11:02 pm by MrAkai »

PcJax

Re: New S7800b (1.4 from dino) D-pad up = up/right?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 04:55:20 pm »
Test it with Gamepad Tester from the Play Store to check the physical build of the d-pad, but I also have the "Right Held Down" bug sometimes, I assumed it was a software problem.

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 10:17:32 pm »
? have found the d-pad registers diagonal s really easy if you are not very deliberate in u/d/l/r
You can some what get use to it but I think it's to sensitive.
Might be a physical mod you could do.

kristianity77

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 10:50:17 pm »
My Dpad is a little bit hit and miss at registering things (cannot do a fireball for love nor money on Streetfighter 2 facing right, but its easy from the left.)

I just ended up mapping the analogue as digital in the end for all the 8 bit and 16 bit systems. Feels much better than way to me anyway
Gaming Stuff owned:

PSVITA (OLED) with 64GB
PS4

MrAkai (OP)

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 11:10:09 pm »
Test it with Gamepad Tester from the Play Store to check the physical build of the d-pad, but I also have the "Right Held Down" bug sometimes, I assumed it was a software problem.

Thanks for the gamepad tester suggestion, I had searched play store for joypad tester and found a mostly useless program.

So here's what I found.  The D-pad isn't getting stuck on right, the X axis of the analog is getting stuck on 1.0 (right).

Every other analog axis is -1.0 through 1.0 with a center around 0.00[something]  The X axis centers as 0.44 (1/2 way right) and then randomly (like with d-pad presses or even pressure on the case) will pop over to 1.0 (hard right). 

So I guess I have to figure out how to check/fix the analog and not digital like I thought.

Thanks

Joe Sixpack

Re: New S7800b (1.4 from dino) Analog X axis gets stuch at 1.0 (hard right)
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 12:53:28 am »
Ah have the same problem on my right stick.
I think its not returning 100% to center. Try nudging the stick to the left a bit when this happens

MrAkai (OP)

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 06:34:40 pm »
Ah have the same problem on my right stick.
I think its not returning 100% to center. Try nudging the stick to the left a bit when this happens

The crazy thing is after opening and closing the control mapper, it popped back to proper near zero and has worked just find since.

Hopefully it'll keep working.

Thanks
-S

MrAkai (OP)

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 05:08:55 pm »
So it was up to it's antics again last night.

It's not just a matter of not recentering since when this is happening, the X is either at 1.0 or randomly moving about.

If I hold it with a little pressure it resolves for a little while but then comes back.  I'm guessing there's a bad solder or the POT is bad or something.

I'm going to contact Dino to see what they have to say (usually they offer credit to get it repaired locally, but there aren't exactly JXD repair shops around here).

Thanks