Author Topic: LordDavon's S192 Hackware (Beta 0.53)  (Read 15008 times)

LordDavon (OP)

Re: LordDavon's S192 Hackware
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2016, 01:49:12 am »
Can't you install this with a Mac?  :'(

There may be a way.  Right now, I am using the JXD firmware's installation software.  Considering I compiled it on Parallels on a Mac, I would like to find a way.

darthskids

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2016, 05:02:37 am »
Thanks for putting that out!  Just finished installing and booting up.  So far so good.  Going to root it in a bit and see if that market helper works or not.

update: Rooted, shield hub works, no luck with market helper or the shield exclusive apps.  Going to do a little sideloading and see how that works out.

Switched over to Apex Launcher.  Hell of a good improvement over the default launcher with the giant icons that it comes with.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 05:58:16 am by darthskids »

LordDavon (OP)

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2016, 11:57:56 am »
Thanks for putting that out!  Just finished installing and booting up.  So far so good.  Going to root it in a bit and see if that market helper works or not.

update: Rooted, shield hub works, no luck with market helper or the shield exclusive apps.  Going to do a little sideloading and see how that works out.

Switched over to Apex Launcher.  Hell of a good improvement over the default launcher with the giant icons that it comes with.

Awesome!  Thank you for helping test it out. :-)

skelton

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2016, 12:05:33 pm »
Did you try changing governor in kernel to interactive as default? Perhaps that help to people having issues with emulators like mame running with stuttering (it seems it's only solved puting device in high performance mode, which is the same as using performance governor all the time.) although rooting the system with a cpu app anyone can try I guess.

I cannot test it unfortunately to give feedback, I'll get a s192K on monday, the one with RK3288.

did you try the CWM i send you? Because it would be a nice adittion in case if it works. I can extract system.img if you want to see if I can suggest anything. Did they send you the kernel patch for battery issues?

« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 12:32:53 pm by skelton »
Retired

SPYCOS23

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2016, 01:26:17 pm »
Salut ,désolé je ne parle pas anglais , je passé pour féliciter lorddavon pour son taf , super , merci a toi , sinon je voulais savoir si c'été possible que tu intègre cwm pour pouvoir flasher super su a la place de kingroot , sa serais juste génial , en te remerciant et bon courage pour la suite ;)

LordDavon (OP)

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2016, 01:31:45 pm »
Did you try changing governor in kernel to interactive as default? Perhaps that help to people having issues with emulators like mame running with stuttering (it seems it's only solved puting device in high performance mode, which is the same as using performance governor all the time.) although rooting the system with a cpu app anyone can try I guess.

I cannot test it unfortunately to give feedback, I'll get a s192K on monday, the one with RK3288.

did you try the CWM i send you? Because it would be a nice adittion in case if it works. I can extract system.img if you want to see if I can suggest anything. Did they send you the kernel patch for battery issues?

I haven't tried much of anything yet.  After losing the VM, and moving over to my Macbook Pro, I spent too much time trying to remake all my changes.  Now that it is getting tested, I will move the governor for the next version.

While it was down, my unit was down (bad firmware flash), so I have't tried the bootloader.  I can do the this weekend.

As for the patch, I haven't received any word from JXD since I last emailed them, over a week ago.  I'm not having the issue on my unit though.  It is one of the things I hope people report back is fine.

darthskids

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2016, 05:53:14 pm »
Did a little sideloading and messed around with the governor but I don't really know what I'm doing with that.  Side loading wise, got Doom 3 BFG running, sound stuttered terribly but visually it seemed to have a good framerate so who knows. 

Installed "no frills cpu control" to mess around with governor / performance settings but either I don't know what I'm doing or it had some issues.  It only has one option listed for the I/O scheduler "noop", and it seems to be misreporting the min and max clock frequency.  I guess that has more to do with the s192 than any adjustments on your end of things tho.

update:  Spent a little more time with doom and had the same sound issue with the original and doom 2 that come with BFG.  And, kinda funny, it automatically loaded up my savegame on doom 3 from when I was playing it on the shield tablet.  Amazing world we live in.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 06:01:47 pm by darthskids »

skelton

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2016, 06:00:23 pm »
Did a little sideloading and messed around with the governor but I don't really know what I'm doing with that.  Side loading wise, got Doom 3 BFG running, sound stuttered terribly but visually it seemed to have a good framerate so who knows. 

Installed "no frills cpu control" to mess around with governor / performance settings but either I don't know what I'm doing or it had some issues.  It only has one option listed for the I/O scheduler "noop", and it seems to be misreporting the min and max clock frequency.  I guess that has more to do with the s192 than any adjustments on your end of things tho.

Try with kernel Adiutor or setcpu. you must be rooted and should allow you to change governor and scheduler.
Retired

darthskids

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2016, 06:14:20 pm »
Ok.
Installed setcpu. 
It's correctly reporting the CPU mhz and looks to be working alright.  By default it's set to interactive, and no option for deadline or b/cfq, etc.  Dunno if those matter or not.  I haven't had any problems with stuttering on emulators even before root/install but I haven't tried mame yet.  I'll give it a try and see what happens.  Was there anything else I should be testing/trying out?

skelton

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2016, 07:01:51 pm »
Some people reported that mame run poorly unless high performance mode was set on settings. Strange that interactive is default governor (at least in source it was userspace). try mame 0.139 without frameskip to see if scroll runs smooth with simple games like outrun. At least some people reported that mame run very poorly, but no idea....

Also, some people reported that scroll was not completely smooth in broglia's emus without frameskipping. at least that was commented during the first days of the device. But not all people notice micro-stuttering in scroll...Apparently device have thre power modes, high performance, balanced and powersaving, and apparently only in high performance mode everything works ok.

Strange thing that cpu apps don't show any scheduler...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 07:05:23 pm by skelton »
Retired

skelton

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2016, 07:08:32 pm »
Salut ,désolé je ne parle pas anglais , je passé pour féliciter lorddavon pour son taf , super , merci a toi , sinon je voulais savoir si c'été possible que tu intègre cwm pour pouvoir flasher super su a la place de kingroot , sa serais juste génial , en te remerciant et bon courage pour la suite ;)

Please try in english, at least with google translator xD.

You mean CWM for s192? I put one in this forum (a repack from shield tablet CWM). Take a look at this post, no idea if @LordDavon or someone else tried it though. I cannot test it without a device, sorry. You'll probaly need fastboot and unclock bootloader to flash it, or an app like Flashify.

http://boards.dingoonity.org/jxd-devices/mini-guide-compile-s192-source/msg145472/#msg145472
Retired

skelton

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2016, 07:15:14 pm »
@LordDavon, I noticed you spoofed using a MM fingerprint, instead of a Kitkat one. I also suggest you change the
ro.build.product=ardbeg to ro.build.product=shieldtablet. It can help to download legit ganes from play store (unless there are more checkings to avoid it) . I would put the beginning of build.prop like this in case you wanna try:

Code: [Select]
ro.build.id=KTU84Q-01-V1.4-20160701.145857
ro.build.display.id=nvidiashield-eng 4.4.4 KTU84Q-01-V1.4-20160701.145857 eng.parallels.20160701.145858 test-keys
ro.build.version.incremental=eng.parallels.20160701.145858
ro.build.version.sdk=19
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.4.4
ro.build.date=Fri Jul  1 15:00:26 EDT 2016
ro.build.date.utc=1467399626
ro.build.type=eng
ro.build.user=NVIDIA
ro.build.host=ubuntu
ro.build.tags=test-keys
ro.product.model=SHIELD Tablet
ro.product.brand=nvidia
ro.product.name=wx_na_wf
ro.product.device=shieldtablet
ro.product.board=
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=NVIDIA
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=tegra
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=shieldtablet
persist.sys.strictmode.visual=0
persist.sys.strictmode.disable=1
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=wx_na_wf-eng 4.4.4 KTU84Q 41524_664.1902 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=nvidia/wx_na_wf/shieldtablet:4.4.4/KTU84Q/41524_664.1902:eng/test-keys
ro.build.characteristics=tablet

Nothing to lose I guess, probably you will need to erase data and cache from play store and services framework.
Retired

LordDavon (OP)

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2016, 07:35:24 pm »
@LordDavon, I noticed you spoofed using a MM fingerprint, instead of a Kitkat one. I also suggest you change the
ro.build.product=ardbeg to ro.build.product=shieldtablet. It can help to download legit ganes from play store (unless there are more checkings to avoid it) . I would put the beginning of build.prop like this in case you wanna try:

Code: [Select]
ro.build.id=KTU84Q-01-V1.4-20160701.145857
ro.build.display.id=nvidiashield-eng 4.4.4 KTU84Q-01-V1.4-20160701.145857 eng.parallels.20160701.145858 test-keys
ro.build.version.incremental=eng.parallels.20160701.145858
ro.build.version.sdk=19
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.4.4
ro.build.date=Fri Jul  1 15:00:26 EDT 2016
ro.build.date.utc=1467399626
ro.build.type=eng
ro.build.user=NVIDIA
ro.build.host=ubuntu
ro.build.tags=test-keys
ro.product.model=SHIELD Tablet
ro.product.brand=nvidia
ro.product.name=wx_na_wf
ro.product.device=shieldtablet
ro.product.board=
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=NVIDIA
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=tegra
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=shieldtablet
persist.sys.strictmode.visual=0
persist.sys.strictmode.disable=1
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=wx_na_wf-eng 4.4.4 KTU84Q 41524_664.1902 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=nvidia/wx_na_wf/shieldtablet:4.4.4/KTU84Q/41524_664.1902:eng/test-keys
ro.build.characteristics=tablet

Nothing to lose I guess, probably you will need to erase data and cache from play store and services framework.
There are more checkings, but not sure what else is needed.  I was making the changes line by line, since changing some of the lines changes how the code compiles (which means I have to move ardbeg files to the wx_na_wf or shieldtablet code, or put hooks in to load the ardbeg files).  I stopped at this point to get the software out, and am going to spend some time changing things one at a time for the rest.

Oh, I make the change in the code and recompile each time.  This way the stuff that gets tested can stay.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 07:37:00 pm by LordDavon »

skelton

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2016, 07:43:40 pm »
It's faster to compile just as default and use a tool to extract/repack system.img and change build.prop. If there are also framework checkings then it will be more complicated.
Retired

LordDavon (OP)

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2016, 09:31:10 pm »
update:  Spent a little more time with doom and had the same sound issue with the original and doom 2 that come with BFG.  And, kinda funny, it automatically loaded up my savegame on doom 3 from when I was playing it on the shield tablet.  Amazing world we live in.

Anyone know if this happens on the original JXD Firmware?

Post a new topic