Author Topic: LordDavon's S192 Hackware (Beta 0.53)  (Read 12009 times)

LordDavon (OP)

Re: LordDavon's S192 Hackware (Beta 0.53)
« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2016, 10:34:40 pm »
someone can give me the update that fixes the battery?
JXD on the link, the update is only adding shield hub

My firmware has both the ShieldHub and the battery fix.  If you want to apply JXD's battery fix, you need to install their original firmware again.

All of the official JXD downloads can be found on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JXDofficial/

JXDs Battery Update: https://mega.nz/#F!Q5wRERbT!4pMx-MU1djAT84kc9O8a5w

danny.69

« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2016, 12:48:38 pm »

My firmware has both the ShieldHub and the battery fix.  If you want to apply JXD's battery fix, you need to install their original firmware again.

All of the official JXD downloads can be found on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JXDofficial/

I have reinstalled 1.4 official firmware several times.
And I've reinstalled your custom firmware several times.
And the problem persists, with the jxd off, the% does not go up. And turned on. sometimes rises

I want to try reinstalling the battery fix manually.
Have, if I solve it before sending warranty

danny.69

« Reply #107 on: December 09, 2016, 10:03:31 am »

I have reinstalled 1.4 official firmware several times.
And I've reinstalled your custom firmware several times.
And the problem persists, with the jxd off, the% does not go up. And turned on. sometimes rises

I want to try reinstalling the battery fix manually.
Have, if I solve it before sending warranty

faulty console, me have changed, a new one in warranty

a7mag3ddon

« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2017, 09:34:57 am »
Hello everyone! Long time no speak.. haven't used my jxd in a long while but trying to sort it out and have noticed something weird so looking for advice. 

I rooted official firmware, applied the original jxd fixes and thought everything was ok. Just recently though I've noticed permissions on my SD card being messed up.

C64.emu made me notice and start checking as I set it to save states within the games folder and it kept erroring and saying it hat no write permissions.

I then went to try and delete a rom and sure enough I couldn't delete it. I had to download something to reset permissions on the whole ext sd card ( something commander)

My question is this, would I be better to wipe the device and the sd card and reflash a different firmware or maybe try and re root a different way, or flash one of your firmwares etc... up until this point I never noticed any other problems what so ever (root, battery charge etc)

Thanks for reading.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

LordDavon (OP)

« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2017, 05:12:00 pm »

Mine is based on the official firmware.  So unless you want the battery fix and Shield Hub, or want to refresh your firmware without needing to run patches after, I'm not too sure it matters... except for a cleaner home screen. 

The issue with JXD's firmware is that there is a patch for battery, or a patch for Shield Hub.  They both can't be run.  This is a combo of both, with the build prop changes, and the game icons removed from the home screen.

a7mag3ddon

« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2017, 05:20:27 pm »
Ohh ok, I already ran the battery fix and it worked ok for me.

Is there a better way to obtain root? Perhaps that's my issue. Kingroot was quite new on jxd when I did it. Is there a better alternative

a7mag3ddon

« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2017, 05:21:48 pm »
Or can you recommend a program i can run to reset the permissions on sdcard1 which is my ext card.

LordDavon (OP)

« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2017, 10:23:38 pm »
Ohh ok, I already ran the battery fix and it worked ok for me.

Is there a better way to obtain root? Perhaps that's my issue. Kingroot was quite new on jxd when I did it. Is there a better alternative

I'm going to start including TowelRoot in the firmware, which is probably the best one I've found so far.

LordDavon (OP)

« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2017, 10:24:46 pm »
Or can you recommend a program i can run to reset the permissions on sdcard1 which is my ext card.

If your card is Fat based, the permissions should reset on a remount.  You may need to insert the card in your PC or Mac and run a file system check on it.

a7mag3ddon

« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2017, 10:26:56 pm »
It's fat32 and it seems to be the pc causing it, I copied 2 films to via sd card reader but had no permission to delete once back in jxd.. weird eh?

LordDavon (OP)

« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2017, 02:48:15 am »
It's fat32 and it seems to be the pc causing it, I copied 2 films to via sd card reader but had no permission to delete once back in jxd.. weird eh?

The JXD is probably mounting the card funny.  If you've rooted the device, open a terminal and see if you can remount the card re-writable.

a7mag3ddon

« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2017, 08:09:12 am »
What's the command to do that

a7mag3ddon

« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2017, 08:09:56 am »
Oh I should add, once I changed permissions I was able to delete them.

danny.69

« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2017, 09:20:35 am »
I have tried the sd card, in NTFS format, and it works, but there are also no write permissions, in NTFS. And you can not delete content from the jxd.
Is there any way to make that work?

Pottzman

« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2017, 11:05:58 am »
LordDavon, I am wondering if I could ask you a favour. I have received my S192 back from repair for the yellow light of death. (although I suspect they did not repair my console but have simply sourced a second hand unit and given it to me as a replacement) although my s192 now turns on I have noticed a rather strange problem. it would appear that whilst using the console it randomly starts repeating d-pad pushes (mainly down and right directions) which results in an unusable console. I have to shutdown and turn it back on to use it again. ie) once it starts happening it wont stop. upon reboot the d-pad controls work properly but sooner or later it will start happening again. However if I double tap to show what apps are currently running there always seems to be the keymapping app running from startup. if I swipe up and close it the problem so far appears to disappear. I would like to try some more testing so I want to ask if you could compile a version of your firmware with the keymapping app removed? after waiting 6 months to get my console back I don't want to have to go through the whole problem of returning the console for repair if I can avoid it.

Thanks Pottzman

Post a new topic