Author Topic: JXD S7800B super user update fix??????  (Read 9776 times)

tskillz78 (OP)

JXD S7800B super user update fix??????
« on: November 10, 2013, 03:02:11 am »
s7800b super user is not updating the SU binary..is there a fix or a reroot method? i tried titanium backup pro.. superuser is not on the list to even delete it..i've looked at all the post topics on here have not seen this asked..

tskillz78 (OP)

Re: JXD S7800B super user update fix??????
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 05:51:55 am »
http://wiki.dingoonity.org/index.php?title=Other_Devices:JXD_S7800B i found this so i'll make it easier to find... this site is garbled bad..and this thing is a piece of junk... it came with no back camera u can see the green pcb through the camera hole.sd cards are not being recognized..i updated and lost software that is crucial to the whole reason i bought it.get a real console or tablet is what i'd advise
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 06:01:05 am by tskillz78 »

stpat

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 06:22:41 am »
http://wiki.dingoonity.org/index.php?title=Other_Devices:JXD_S7800B i found this so i'll make it easier to find... this site is garbled bad..and this thing is a piece of junk... it came with no back camera u can see the green pcb through the camera hole.sd cards are not being recognized..i updated and lost software that is crucial to the whole reason i bought it.get a real console or tablet is what i'd advise

Where did you order yours from?

tskillz78 (OP)

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 06:36:37 am »
foxoffer i'm sure willgoo would of did a more thorough test on mine but the camera is really not an issue its the firmware "rom" it sucks!!!cant update super user jxd hid it from titanium backup this thing is a mess.. i have done a lot of research on the s7800 before i bought it everything looked cool till i use it and see everybody else having the same problems i am.. my sd cards are good..my computer doesnt recognize the s7800 sometimes either like a couple people are having problems with..it lags having a 4 core cpu 2 gb of ddr 3 with a low screen resolution i'm just warning people dont buy this thing unless there is a custom rom on a different kernel or just plain and simple jxd has not touched...i paid almost 200 usd i'm outraged sorry

Marmiello

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 07:02:37 am »
Yes the latest firmware update was hurried and has a number of problems.  Hopefully the next one will be a vast improvement but I would be surprised if it doesn't bring a new set of issues.  It would be good to have an emulation section on the wiki which outlines the best alternatives to the ones that the Happy Chick app uses.  Make sure you use a USB 2 port if available and one from the back of your pc or non-hubbed.

I agree that at the moment people who a new to android tablets or gaming emulation should avoid this one.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 08:31:10 am by Marmiello »

Drem

• Russian Android/Dingo/GCW/gaming gadgets blog
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 08:05:48 am »
it came with no back camera u can see the green pcb through the camera hole.
foxoffer
SOOOO FoxOffer is selling incomplete units???

ploon

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 11:19:08 am »
The device needs rerooting. I used TPSparkyRoot for RK3188 devices. Once you have got past that you will find that any attempt to use the keymapping in game will stop your touch screen from working. I have also been trying to get tincore keymapper to work but with no success. I have tried the latest firmware v1.0.9 but that doesn't work either. If you want to give it a go you can find it here http://www.jxd.hk/download.asp?selectclassid=020001 Maybe it works with yours. In the meanwhile we will just have to wait in hope that a developer takes some interest in this device.

tskillz78 (OP)

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 04:22:15 pm »
it came with no back camera u can see the green pcb through the camera hole.
foxoffer
SOOOO FoxOffer is selling incomplete units???

yes u can see in the pic no camera :(

tskillz78 (OP)

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 04:32:07 pm »
The device needs rerooting. I used TPSparkyRoot for RK3188 devices. Once you have got past that you will find that any attempt to use the keymapping in game will stop your touch screen from working. I have also been trying to get tincore keymapper to work but with no success. I have tried the latest firmware v1.0.9 but that doesn't work either. If you want to give it a go you can find it here http://www.jxd.hk/download.asp?selectclassid=020001 Maybe it works with yours. In the meanwhile we will just have to wait in hope that a developer takes some interest in this device.
wow u managed to reroot it???? can u give a step by step guide? and also i have flashed 1.09 onto it and lost my happy chick app darkhope pointed the way i'll post it here also http://18o21m.1fichier.com/ but i'll try to reroot it and if anything goes wrong take it back to 1.09 i have restored this thing 5 times now.

ploon

ROOT IT!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 07:18:46 pm »
I got TPSparkyRoot from here: http://vondroid.com/threads/pipo-m2-rooting-guide.1004/#.Un_ZZvnxofs .

You need to have ADB usb drivers installed on your pc and have the tablet set to usb debugging in the developers options menu. 

Plug the JXD s7800b into the pc and then it is just as the site says:

1) Download the attached file.
2) Run TPSparkyRoot.bat
3) Follow the on-screen instructions

...And ta-da! This time the binaries will update and all apps that need root will work.

Good luck.

tskillz78 (OP)

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 08:29:56 pm »
I got TPSparkyRoot from here: http://vondroid.com/threads/pipo-m2-rooting-guide.1004/#.Un_ZZvnxofs .

You need to have ADB usb drivers installed on your pc and have the tablet set to usb debugging in the developers options menu. 

Plug the JXD s7800b into the pc and then it is just as the site says:

1) Download the attached file.
2) Run TPSparkyRoot.bat
3) Follow the on-screen instructions

...And ta-da! This time the binaries will update and all apps that need root will work.

Good luck.
Thanks ploon!!! it worked!!!!

ploon

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2013, 09:24:11 pm »
WOOT!!!! ;D ;D ;D

tskillz78 (OP)

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2013, 09:51:24 pm »
now super su shows up in titanium backup!!! wooot wooot woot!!!! now to get a custom rom for this p.o.s.

ploon

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2013, 10:15:23 pm »
now to get a custom rom for this p.o.s.
CAN I HAVE AN AMEN!!!! ;)

Don't worry about the camera. They are truly crap on this device.

tskillz78 (OP)

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2013, 11:03:50 pm »

AMEN!!! BROTHER PLOON!!!! I'm praying for a custom rom for this thing..i'm taking it  to church and hopefully it will get a blessing soon! lol cough cough clear my throat skelton... everybody plagued with problems should make a bounty for a custom rom cm 10.2 i'll pitch in 20 usd ... and the camera if i pay for something i want it complete thats B.S. crappy or not. still aggravated me
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 11:06:48 pm by tskillz78 »

leafar

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2013, 11:30:01 pm »

AMEN!!! BROTHER PLOON!!!! I'm praying for a custom rom for this thing..i'm taking it  to church and hopefully it will get a blessing soon! lol cough cough clear my throat skelton... everybody plagued with problems should make a bounty for a custom rom cm 10.2 i'll pitch in 20 usd ... and the camera if i pay for something i want it complete thats B.S. crappy or not. still aggravated me

So maybe we need a priest  to exorcism the device ant after prey for pwnage project to share their custom ROM.

tskillz78 (OP)

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 12:21:39 am »
not a bad prayer my friend...or we can skip all that noise and somebody with a pwnage edition share the restore file... so anybody who has one hook it up!!!!!!!!!!

tskillz78 (OP)

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 12:22:44 am »
oops

nikzombie

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2013, 09:40:56 am »
Get everyone to put a few dollars in each buy a pwanage one and back up and share... Is it that easy????????

tskillz78 (OP)

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2013, 01:16:00 pm »
I would throw some money on iit if we had a trustworthy treasurer to set up a paypal for it...I would be a trustworthy person to do it and then send the unit to skelton or something like that after we get the firmware I'll throw 50 towards it this Friday if we are serious..

Post a new topic