Author Topic: JXD S7800B Speaker repair/maintenance  (Read 1633 times)

angryxpirate (OP)

JXD S7800B Speaker repair/maintenance
« on: March 03, 2015, 05:50:38 am »
Had my JXD s7800b (manufactured 201501) for about 2 weeks and the left speaker is out. It just makes a faint clicking static sound when it is suppose to be working. Obviously using ear buds is an option but it is annoying nonetheless.

Does anyone know of any good videos/tutorials on disassembling the s7800b? Possibly any info or experiences from doing self repairs? I'm thinking it could be a shitty job connecting the speaker to the board but without ripping into it or know any common issues this is just speculation.

I'm technically inclined but wanted the communities input before I go poking around in the dark.

warptechno

Re: JXD S7800B Speaker repair/maintenance
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 09:51:18 am »
There is a thread in this forum on how to take the device apart.  I repaired the speaker on my device after the wire connecting the speaker to the board became snagged between the front and back panel.  Wire is very thin but can be repaired if you have a steady hand and are decent with a soldering iron.  Might be the speaker itself so that is a whole new ball game - have never had to deal with removing the speaker but I think there is also a thread on here about replacements - Aliexpress is your friend.
7800b
s5110

angryxpirate (OP)

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 09:32:11 pm »
Thank you, I'll look for that thread. I found a video on taking it apart and it seemed simple enough! (easier than taking most other tablets/controllers apart)

Edit/Update: Found the following links that were very helpful. I may take mine apart carefully and see what is up.

Replacement Speaker
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-speaker-1524-for-Vido-N12-N70-Tablet-PC-speaker-1-W-8R-8-ohms-1/2042235312.html

Related Thread with EXACT same problem
http://boards.dingoonity.org/jxd-devices/left-speaker-dead/msg121667/#msg121667

Disassemble Video with Ribbon Wire Warning
http://boards.dingoonity.org/jxd-devices/video-how-to-open-the-jxd-7800b/msg120034/#msg120034
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 09:44:27 pm by angryxpirate »

angryxpirate (OP)

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 12:31:47 am »
I took mine apart and unfortunately it looks like I'd need a new bit of cable because it looks like the cable got pinched in you casing. Holding it at varying positions makes it work intermittently but it ultimately doesn't matter because it eventually stops working again.

You can make an adjustment to prevent this. The speaker mount (a glorified piece of plastic) is held to the board with two small Phillips screws. Removing these allows you to free the speaker and then you can just pay it from the piece of adhesive holding it in the plastic mount. Flip it. Now the wires are facing inboard and with careful placement around buttons they don't run you risk of getting smooshed into decommission.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic