Author Topic: [30.08.2014][ROM] JXD S7800B 8GB - CyanogenMod 11 Kitkat (With Power/Sleep fix)  (Read 18824 times)

GRiM (OP)

Thought I would give people a heads up in case some wasn't aware about the beta of a ported CM11 rom.   Seems great so far  :)

ROM Download:
http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/crewrktablets-rk3188-entwicklung-customroms-development-croms/jxd-s7800b-gamepad-8gb-kitkat-cyanogenmod-11-rom/

Rom Installation:
1. Download Rockchip Batch Tool 1.7: http://www.cloudstor.es/file/m1_OTM0OA/
2. Connect your S7800B to your computer via USB 2.0 (avoid USB 3.0 ports).
3. Power up your device and run the file RKBatchTool.exe (requires administrator) on your computer.
4. You'll note the tool shows a pink color indicating the status (device is connected).
5. Click the "Switch" button and your device will reboot. Install drivers via Device Manager.
6. Press the "Reset" button your device, wait for it to boot up.
7. Again, click the "Switch" button, this time the area above will turn green - programming mode ready (if it doesn't you didn't install the driver).
8. Select the desired flash image file (.img) and press "Restore".

Power Button/Sleep Fix (RK3188-T users):
For those people who have the power button/sleep bug in most custom roms (RK3188-T users) you will also need to flash the extracted kernel.img from Webclaws 2G/SPECIAL rom.

Kernel.img/Flash tool:
http://boards.dingoonity.org/jxd-devices/%28kernel-only%29-powersleep-fix-for-jxd-s7800-%28rk3188-t%29/
New kernel.img and instructions: http://boards.dingoonity.org/jxd-devices/the-fixed-stock-kernels/msg115267/#msg115267
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 06:01:06 am by GRiM »

hippy dave

Thanks for sharing. Could you give us a run down of what seems to work as it should and what doesn't?

­

CyanogenMod generally does a good job. I'm kind of reluctant to upgrade, because I'm pretty satisfied with WebClaw's firmware 2.0 - but once I'm done with my IRL business I'm sure to check it up and write my thoughts about it.

GRiM (OP)

Thanks for sharing. Could you give us a run down of what seems to work as it should and what doesn't?

I haven't had time to use it much yet but from what I have it seems to run really smooth.   Initially after installation/kernel flash the touch seemed to be really unstable and assumed it was because of incompatible kernel, however after a couple of reboots it was fine.  The addition of CWM recovery is also a big plus :)

I'll let you know if I come across any issues.

Here is benchmark..

The-Lord

It would be good to mention that by upgrading to a Kitkat based ROM, you will loose the ability to swap the external SD with internal SD. Only option available would be folder mount.

Most of the JXD users prefer swapping to get more space for apps/etc (after increasing the app partition size using a modified parameter file).

GRiM (OP)

It would be good to mention that by upgrading to a Kitkat based ROM, you will loose the ability to swap the external SD with internal SD. Only option available would be folder mount.

Most of the JXD users prefer swapping to get more space for apps/etc (after increasing the app partition size using a modified parameter file).

Or you can use something like this..
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.slf.ListglApp&hl=en_GB

zipeee

Does this have the built in onscreen to  joystick/gamepad mapper like the stock roms, or do you have to use a 3rd party app like tincore?

GRiM (OP)

Does this have the built in onscreen to  joystick/gamepad mapper like the stock roms, or do you have to use a 3rd party app like tincore?

No this doesnt come with the original keymapper,  You will  need to use tincore etc.

evilmaster

DERP EDIT:
OH! Damn it!
Never mind :D Haha... I totally read everything wrong here.. I don't have a S7800B
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 01:20:22 pm by evilmaster »

­

You're using S7300B.
This firmware is for the S7800B.

If you will forcefully flash that firmware, it WILL brick your device. Do not attempt this.

GRiM (OP)

DERP EDIT:
OH! Damn it!
Never mind :D Haha... I totally read everything wrong here.. I don't have a S7800B

skelton

You're using S7300B.

If you will forcefully flash that firmware, it WILL brick your device. Do not attempt this.

He won't be able to brick it anyway. Amlogic devices cannot be flashed with Rockchip flash tool xD.
Retired

GRiM (OP)

You're using S7300B.

He won't be able to brick it anyway. Amlogic devices cannot be flashed with Rockchip flash tool xD.

Indeed.  Double facepalm  :D

Plus,  many people seem to use the phrase "bricked" far too loosely nowadays.     For example I only consider a device "bricked" when you need to physically repair the device or use extra hardware to get into bootloader etc.

If a device simply wont boot to system but a reset button or key combo will get into bootloader to re-flash I do not consider that "bricked".

deysmacro

We call that 'soft-bricked'.  8)

nitro530

call this rom buggy  :o
nitro530

GRiM (OP)

We call that 'soft-bricked'.  8)

...as I said,  teh phrase is been used far too loosely nowadays.   I think soft-brick is a non-sensical phrase.

If you can press a reset button, or simply reboot device into bootloader etc to re-flash then your device is not "bricked",  It's just been incorrectly flashed and wont boot to system.

pieking83

I am having an issue flashing this rom it says failed every time

**********Upgrade Action**********
**********Upgrade Start Total<1>**********
<Layer 1-1> Test Device Start
<Layer 1-1> Test Device Success
<Layer 1-1> Check Chip Start
<Layer 1-1> Check Chip Success
<Layer 1-1> Get FlashInfo Start
<Layer 1-1> Get FlashInfo Success
<Layer 1-1> Prepare IDB Start
<Layer 1-1> Prepare IDB Success
<Layer 1-1> Download IDB Start
<Layer 1-1> Download IDB Success
<Layer 1-1> Reset Device Start
<Layer 1-1> Reset Device Success
<Layer 1-1> Wait For Loader Start
<Layer 1-1> Wait For Loader Success
<Layer 1-1> Test Device Start
<Layer 1-1> Test Device Success
<Layer 1-1> Download Firmware Start
<Layer 1-1> Download Firmware Fail
**********Upgrade Done Success<0> Fail<1> Time<137343>ms**********

sandwich

what tool are you using to flash the kernel?

Options are

- wrong application, rkflashkit is the correct one
- wrong drivers, the ones contained in rkbatch tool 1.6 or above
- wrong file, try downloading it again

pieking83

I used the right tool and used the right file i am not sure why its not working?

GRiM (OP)

Just ignore this error and reboot device.  I always got same error but install was actually successful.  Not sure why error comes up.

Post a new topic