Author Topic: JXD S7800B Battery Life and Android version question  (Read 4417 times)

JMK27 (OP)

JXD S7800B Battery Life and Android version question
« on: April 17, 2015, 10:55:53 am »
Hi,

Any help here would be gratefully received: my S7800B came with Android 4.4 already installed and no access to the emulators/ROMs or Game Center/Happy Chick; My first question is: does this sound like I've bought a returned/used model that someone has attempted to update, or are JXD selling them updated to 4.4 now (and, bizarrely, messing up the path to all the included apps and games?

My second question is about battery life; I know some emulators can drain power quickly but this is ridiculous: I was down to less than 30% charge in just over an hour after playing some SNES (SuperRetro16) and GBA (MyBoy) games. 2 races in Mario Kart Super Circuit on MyBoy (about 7mins playing time) alone drained 8%. I have extraneous stuff turned off (even wi-fi) and volume and brightness halfway - does this sound right to other users? Or is it possible that this is custom firmware that I've read is notorious for bad battery life?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me,
James

warptechno

Re: JXD S7800B Battery Life and Android version question
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 12:48:30 pm »
Can't help you with the initial question where you ask if 4.4 comes pre-installed - however your battery drain does sound excessive - install kernal tuner and try working with the various governor settings to strike up a balance between performance and battery life.  I am using ppsspp just now on interactive governor with only two cores switched on and brightness down and I'm easily getting two hours + of game time out of the battery.

Next option I would suggest (if you are still not getting better battery life) is looking into and installing one of the custom ROMs currently out there (I'm still on Webclaw's).
7800b
s5110

JMK27 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 03:32:35 pm »
Thanks a lot for your help - I really appreciate it. I'll try downloading and messing with Kernal Tuner to start with and see if that helps - but anything will be an improvement on it currently!

Cd78

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 10:12:42 pm »
Brightness as half way sounds quite high too.  I would lower that too. Kills the battery.

JMK27 (OP)

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 04:26:09 pm »
Thanks, I've lowered it a little more. The battery seems to drop sharply and then hold, seemingly arbitrarily, I've noticed. Not sure if I have a dodgy unit but I'm resigned to getting about 3 hours play from it with 8bit and 16bit emulators; it's a good thing I wasn't planning on using it for anything more advanced, or it'd be permanently plugged in.

If this is normal battery life it's a real shame as the thing itself is fantastic otherwise.

153stars

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 11:44:31 pm »
look for folder called test apps. some games and apps. in there. Folder with emulators that work with happychick as well.Are in stock rom as well.
New 7800s are coming with 4.4.4
The battery indicator is not too good in stock 4.4.4 lujji rom fixes it.
Nofrillscpu app. will save battery I feel ondemand is better than interactive both on deadline. Interactive is like flooring your car and dumping the clutch every time you need to speed up.

Post a new topic