Author Topic: [S7300][Custom Firmware] NCCE 1.1 [New]2.0 Soon  (Read 756793 times)

Linkandzelda

Re: [S7300][Custom Firmware] NCCE 1.1
« Reply #3100 on: April 16, 2013, 10:32:34 pm »
Once again thanks for putting in so much hard work, I'm totally grateful for this. I was just wondering if the devs know a solution yet to the "wake lag" bug or whatever it was?

xdpirate

• * Former Staff
« Reply #3101 on: April 16, 2013, 11:05:07 pm »
Once again thanks for putting in so much hard work, I'm totally grateful for this. I was just wondering if the devs know a solution yet to the "wake lag" bug or whatever it was?
The only known remedy is to use the ScreenUtility to modify the screen refresh rate, or setting your device to never sleep, and use an app to completely dim the display.

mystery.tipster

« Reply #3102 on: April 16, 2013, 11:19:30 pm »
Its a hardware fault known theres a bma calibration app but only works aslong as the gyro sensor doesnt die

I have tried the BMA Calibration app but it seem to work for a while then it stopped again. I think it could be heat related as when I turn it off and reboot the screen is ok again for a short while before it locks into position. Does anyone know if the G-Sensor can be replaced and if so when can you buy it from.

Regards

Adam

Linkandzelda

« Reply #3103 on: April 16, 2013, 11:39:55 pm »
The only known remedy is to use the ScreenUtility to modify the screen refresh rate, or setting your device to never sleep, and use an app to completely dim the display.

Ok, so I guess I'll really go ahead and do that lol. Any idea on the effects this has to the battery compared to actual sleep?

Damedus (OP)

« Reply #3104 on: April 17, 2013, 02:54:54 am »
if you have a active service or are using the telephone mode(for 3g dongles otherwise you should be in airplane mode) it would be relative the same as the device is in constant wakeup draining the battery.
~JXD 7300 Cook~
Devices:
JXD S7300B, PSP, Dingoo, Vita, 3ds, Kindle, ASUS Ti 700, SG2Sky, SG3, Note, Note 2, PS3, 360, Wii, WiiU, Asus quad-crossfire 7970 32g 4.8(8core) Ghz PC,ASUS GTX-71, ASUS H-1000, PS2, PSX, Jaguar, DC, SNES, Nes, SMS, Atari 2600, Genesis gen 2 /w cd & 32x. and a bunch of older consoles in collective storage (current:92 unique consoles)

MSW

« Reply #3105 on: April 17, 2013, 12:59:58 pm »
cat you add support USB Bluetooth Adapter Dongle like in Thexsample-Sxelrom v.3.0 ? :)

Vektor

« Reply #3106 on: April 17, 2013, 01:49:32 pm »
Yes I'm trying to do it, it is in theory easy, practically it doesn't work  ;D

Plus I have not much time so it's taking me some more time to solve the problem

Skelton and Lomax are very kind and they're giving me some directions behind the curtains   :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 02:00:32 pm by Vektor »

Damedus (OP)

« Reply #3107 on: April 17, 2013, 01:53:27 pm »
Vek has a few issues with it, in my case it partially works but since he's working on the front-end I did specify before BT was on the list just not at the top. Next release might have it enabled but it doesn't work with every dongle and we kinda wanted to have it working on all but we saw the ainovo elf's have the same issue so it might come out on next release for a number of dongles. we also have a new set of icons for the mapping tool and some hybrid mode changes for it and enabling in the mapper a few things the driver has done but we didnt enable before. were just really pushing to have a working copy of the frontend done with the next update that is why the delay.
~JXD 7300 Cook~
Devices:
JXD S7300B, PSP, Dingoo, Vita, 3ds, Kindle, ASUS Ti 700, SG2Sky, SG3, Note, Note 2, PS3, 360, Wii, WiiU, Asus quad-crossfire 7970 32g 4.8(8core) Ghz PC,ASUS GTX-71, ASUS H-1000, PS2, PSX, Jaguar, DC, SNES, Nes, SMS, Atari 2600, Genesis gen 2 /w cd & 32x. and a bunch of older consoles in collective storage (current:92 unique consoles)

skelton

« Reply #3108 on: April 17, 2013, 04:00:26 pm »
It's impossible to make 100 percent BT dongles working in Android, like happens with 3g dongles, no matter device it's an ainol, s7300 or nexus. Android has a limited compatibilty, like Linux, if dongle is hci compliant and Linux friendly should work, if not, obviously won't work.

I have BT added for the GPD 5005, compiling from Google AOSP source, but I am conscious that not all dongles will work. Same for s7300 I imagine.
Retired

GraphicDelusions

« Reply #3109 on: April 17, 2013, 09:12:11 pm »
Hello. I've just received my JXD S7300 and it already came with this firmware (NCCE 1.1) already installed.

Now I have a 32GB card and cannot find an option to swap the primary storage from internal to my external card. I am new to this and my 1st Android device so I honestly don't feel like I know what I'm doing right now.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to what I should do? Thanks

Vektor

« Reply #3110 on: April 17, 2013, 10:10:56 pm »
Hello. I've just received my JXD S7300 and it already came with this firmware (NCCE 1.1) already installed.

Now I have a 32GB card and cannot find an option to swap the primary storage from internal to my external card. I am new to this and my 1st Android device so I honestly don't feel like I know what I'm doing right now.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to what I should do? Thanks

Sure, do this:

- Download the full NCCE 1.1 from first post link
- Only extract patch_ncce.zip from it
- copy patch_ncce.zip in root of your SD
- power off
- keep pressed vol+ and while keeping pressed vol+ power on the jxd, if everything is ok you're in the recovery menu
- move with dpad and use start to select the option, go on install from ext and select patch_ncce.zip
- you'll find the menu to enable sd swap.

GraphicDelusions

« Reply #3111 on: April 17, 2013, 10:50:50 pm »
Thank you :)

Vektor

« Reply #3112 on: April 17, 2013, 11:26:40 pm »
Thanks to Lomax and Skelton's directions and kindness I managed to add BT USB dongle support to NCCE.

Next week (some days after April 25) an update with these additions is planned.
Then I'll focus my attention on XPMB and new mapper app. 

:)

DirtyPillow

« Reply #3113 on: April 18, 2013, 12:06:23 am »
Quick one: Do I have to backup and reinstall everything everytime I upgrade the CFW? Is there a way to upgrade without losing everything?

Also, if not, I am not sure I have the right settings for Titanium...any quick overview of those settings would be super helpful. Last time I did it lots of stuff was missing.

Thanks!

strider_mt2k

• Dingoo Scene-Voice of the Dingoo Revolution!
« Reply #3114 on: April 18, 2013, 12:51:39 am »
Quick one: Do I have to backup and reinstall everything everytime I upgrade the CFW? Is there a way to upgrade without losing everything?

Also, if not, I am not sure I have the right settings for Titanium...any quick overview of those settings would be super helpful. Last time I did it lots of stuff was missing.

Thanks!

Personally I've accepted it as part of playing with CFWs.
I've read too many stories of folks who have had troubles with restores from backups to make the extra work for myself.

I do things like have an installs folder on my SD card with as many .APKs as I can manage and also I keep games I'm super serious about on my main tablet where their progress won't be interrupted by things like my mucking about with CFWs. ;)
Another good reason for rolling up your sleeves and doing it manually is that it becomes difficult to track down problems if you are combining variables like a new CFW and a restore from an old setup.

Of course I understand that not everyone has the option of treating their S7300 like a secondary machine for playing on and playing with and you are likely to get differing opinions, but that's where I'm coming from at least.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
Toshiba Excite 10 AT300
Ouya!

wiggum77

« Reply #3115 on: April 18, 2013, 05:09:47 am »
Hi all, allow me to preface this with the fact that i'm very new to this, having just got my JXD S7300B today.

Im trying to follow the instructions to the letter, but seem to be getting stuck

i have a 16GB Sandisk MicroSD card, to which ive copied the 3 files from NCCE_v1.1_googleplay.zip. The SD card has those 3 files and nothing else

I put it in to the JXD with the system turned off, and then hold down power & vol up as instructed. However instead of seeing any android update or NCCE screen, i get the "Android system recovery <3e>" menu... i try and select Update from EXT at this point, but have nothing to choose from on the next screen

Am i missing something really obvious here?? :(

Damedus (OP)

« Reply #3116 on: April 18, 2013, 05:14:04 am »
Hi all, allow me to preface this with the fact that i'm very new to this, having just got my JXD S7300B today.

Im trying to follow the instructions to the letter, but seem to be getting stuck

i have a 16GB Sandisk MicroSD card, to which ive copied the 3 files from NCCE_v1.1_googleplay.zip. The SD card has those 3 files and nothing else

I put it in to the JXD with the system turned off, and then hold down power & vol up as instructed. However instead of seeing any android update or NCCE screen, i get the "Android system recovery <3e>" menu... i try and select Update from EXT at this point, but have nothing to choose from on the next screen

Am i missing something really obvious here?? :(
sd card is not being detected...
~JXD 7300 Cook~
Devices:

wiggum77

« Reply #3117 on: April 18, 2013, 05:20:34 am »
i thought that too, but the card is readable once i boot into the Android OS

However, I found the issue... i had the card formatted as NTFS. Only after looking around on the willgoo site did i see mention of it needed to be FAT32  :-*

Ive got the Android upgrade screen happening right now, so looks to be working

Thanks for the quick reply, though! :)

Vektor

« Reply #3118 on: April 18, 2013, 09:11:01 am »

Well, it is related to how heavy the edits are. If it had only been a kernel update I could've released just a little patch, but this adds system files and edits to the frameworks, so I think full wipe is better. Main reason why it is suggested is that during tests if I don't do a full wipe the play store breaks, and google apps start behaving in a strange way.

xdpirate

• * Former Staff
« Reply #3119 on: April 18, 2013, 02:03:41 pm »
However, I found the issue... i had the card formatted as NTFS. Only after looking around on the willgoo site did i see mention of it needed to be FAT32  :-*
Note to future readers:

NTFS is a proprietary file system only used on Microsoft products. Generally, this means the Windows operating systems. Other devices/OSs might read and write to NTFS, but only Microsoft products officially supports it (because they made it).

FAT32 is the best choice for the widest range of compatibility across operating systems and devices.

Post a new topic