Author Topic: [S7300][Custom Firmware] NCCE 1.1 [New]2.0 Soon  (Read 701372 times)

Damedus (OP)

Re: [S7300][Custom Firmware] NCCE 1.1
« Reply #3075 on: April 15, 2013, 12:31:38 pm »
Yes it is however I was referring to the frontend toll they are displaying, since the ibenx is a did unit and has its own thread over at android forum topic you can comment there about price and specs, I'm interested in porting the frontend to the jxd.

That frontend is exactly what I want!

XPMB will reproduce it on every rom and i guess on every device too :)
Tomorrow in the evening me and Syder (an italian friend of mine) will work on it, we could release a very limited preview soon. :)
Yup and by the time they release this unit we might have the cover option enabled! woot:P
~JXD 7300 Cook~
Devices:
JXD S7300B, PSP, Dingoo, Vita, 3ds, Kindle, ASUS Ti 700, SG2Sky, SG3, Note, Note 2, PS3, 360, Wii, WiiU, Asus quad-crossfire 7970 32g 4.8(8core) Ghz PC,ASUS GTX-71, ASUS H-1000, PS2, PSX, Jaguar, DC, SNES, Nes, SMS, Atari 2600, Genesis gen 2 /w cd & 32x. and a bunch of older consoles in collective storage (current:92 unique consoles)

Linkandzelda

« Reply #3076 on: April 15, 2013, 01:25:57 pm »
Hey guys, just got my JXD S7300 today. I did the analog mod using the foam in the box (cut it in half as it looked too thick) and I think I'm ready to install this.

Checked the firmware it's on and it's version 1.5. I went ahead and downloaded the NCCE 1.1 and following the video I noticed recovery.img was inside the V1 download but that's not there in v1.1 download. I wasn't sure what to do next but instead I loaded the 1.0 files onto my SD card after formatting it. Pressing the power + volume up and down buttons resulted in the green light and a black screen and no green android man shows up.

Turning it off and on again I'm able to boot normally back to stock 1.5. Did I miss something or should I just go ahead without installing 1.0 but going with 1.1 files (despite no recovery.img inside)?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Tried with the 1.1 files too, same problem. My device is at 40% battery so maybe that's the problem. I'm waiting for it to fully charge now.

EDIT2: I'm such an idiot... I was pressing power + vol up and down. Realised it was meant to be just power + vol up... Now I did that and have NCCE 1.1 installed and running. This device is so cool, and the Supaboy case fits perfectly with it too!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 03:38:18 pm by Linkandzelda »

Damedus (OP)

« Reply #3077 on: April 15, 2013, 03:37:35 pm »
yep and make sure its plugged in.
~JXD 7300 Cook~
Devices:
JXD S7300B, PSP, Dingoo, Vita, 3ds, Kindle, ASUS Ti 700, SG2Sky, SG3, Note, Note 2, PS3, 360, Wii, WiiU, Asus quad-crossfire 7970 32g 4.8(8core) Ghz PC,ASUS GTX-71, ASUS H-1000, PS2, PSX, Jaguar, DC, SNES, Nes, SMS, Atari 2600, Genesis gen 2 /w cd & 32x. and a bunch of older consoles in collective storage (current:92 unique consoles)

Linkandzelda

« Reply #3078 on: April 15, 2013, 04:31:36 pm »
So I notice that there at 2 internal storages, one is about 1gb the other is About 5.3gb. I think currently all the apps are installing to the smaller one, how if possible can I make them install onto the larger one?

Edit: I read a few pages back about "Cell Standby" being a high battery drainer on stock and that it was disabled on NCCE. Is there any reason cell standby still shows up for battery drain? 70%-38% in 1 hour no gaming, is that normal?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:45:04 pm by Linkandzelda »

Damedus (OP)

« Reply #3079 on: April 15, 2013, 05:02:43 pm »
So I notice that there at 2 internal storages, one is about 1gb the other is About 5.3gb. I think currently all the apps are installing to the smaller one, how if possible can I make them install onto the larger one?

Edit: I read a few pages back about "Cell Standby" being a high battery drainer on stock and that it was disabled on NCCE. Is there any reason cell standby still shows up for battery drain? 70%-38% in 1 hour no gaming, is that normal?
it was re-enabled for 3g dongles, it can be disabled in buildprop changing the hasnophone to true. and the 1gb is the internal data, the 5.3 is the remaining storage space. games install apks and such in the 1g area and the extra files in the 5.3 if you need more space in the 1g area you can move the app to sd via the settings menu, you can also use the swap option with an external 32g card so that the 32g card becomes the extra area space for fitting more android games.
~JXD 7300 Cook~
Devices:

Linkandzelda

« Reply #3080 on: April 15, 2013, 05:24:50 pm »

it was re-enabled for 3g dongles, it can be disabled in buildprop changing the hasnophone to true. and the 1gb is the internal data, the 5.3 is the remaining storage space. games install apks and such in the 1g area and the extra files in the 5.3 if you need more space in the 1g area you can move the app to sd via the settings menu, you can also use the swap option with an external 32g card so that the 32g card becomes the extra area space for fitting more android games.

Ah I see, how would I go about editing the build prop? I haven't done it before lol

jernas_14

« Reply #3081 on: April 15, 2013, 06:19:44 pm »
where i can buy IbenX GamePad A31 PCU buy

wooperz

« Reply #3082 on: April 15, 2013, 08:09:24 pm »
Just got mine today, did the same as the poster above (used the foam insert included in the box, cut in half).

Installed NCCE 1.1 without any trouble. Haven't had a proper chance to play with it, but it looks pretty good.

Also - I decided not to risk my house catching fire, so I bought a 2.1A/5V USB charger from Amazon. It seems to be working fine so far.

As an aside, an alternative to modifying your build.prop to save battery is to simply rename /system/app/telephonyprovider.apk and phone.apk. I renamed my telephonyprovider.apk/phone.apk and rebooted, everything appears to be working properly. I'll report back if it prevents the battery drain issue.

Thanks for your work on NCCE! :D

Edit: was having some issues with horrible emulation under SNES9x EX Alpha, but then did this and all is well!

It should be called screen utility.zip and you have to place it in your sd card. once you boot into recovery without a sd card put the sdcard in and choose the update from ext option and load the screenutility.zip You should be greeted by a menu to choose the HZ setting
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 11:21:27 pm by wooperz »

Linkandzelda

« Reply #3083 on: April 15, 2013, 09:06:35 pm »
Just got mine today, did the same as the poster above (used the foam insert included in the box, cut in half).

Installed NCCE 1.1 without any trouble. Haven't had a proper chance to play with it, but it looks pretty good.

Also - I decided not to risk my house catching fire, so I bought a 2.1A/5V USB charger from Amazon. It seems to be working fine so far.

As an aside, an alternative to modifying your build.prop to save battery is to simply rename /system/app/telephonyprovider.apk and phone.apk (not sure if the latter is present). I renamed my telephonyprovider.apk and rebooted, everything appears to be working properly. I'll report back if it prevents the battery drain issue.

Thanks for your work on NCCE! :D

Edit: was having some issues with horrible emulation under SNES9x EX Alpha, but then did this and all is well!

It should be called screen utility.zip and you have to place it in your sd card. once you boot into recovery without a sd card put the sdcard in and choose the update from ext option and load the screenutility.zip You should be greeted by a menu to choose the HZ setting

I was just about to post about poor SNES performance in SNES9x EX hehe, I tried Super GNES as well and both of them appear to be unexpectedly poor. Going to try this out and see if it also solves my issues.

EDIT: Which one did you set it to. 50 or 60?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 09:34:16 pm by Linkandzelda »

zaang

« Reply #3084 on: April 15, 2013, 09:51:49 pm »
[off topic...i think...but since a lot of people seeing this thread, I'll post it here]

Hey everyone!

i flashed NCCE on my S7300 and i do have massive WiFi Problems.

The connection is super unstable (a lot of disconnects).

i tried to connect my s7300 to many other routers...same problem.

I tried to flash other Custom Roms...same problem.

my galaxy s2, psvita and notebooks work perfectly fine with these routers...

i guess it's a hardware problem.

does anybody know how to fix it?

i really like this tablet but without a proper wifi connection i cannot use it...

wooperz

« Reply #3085 on: April 15, 2013, 10:48:56 pm »
EDIT: Which one did you set it to. 50 or 60?

I set it to 60 and everything worked out. The games I'm playing are all 60Hz, so not sure how it will work out for PAL games.

I was getting weird choppiness; I thought it was lag or something. Once I flashed that, everything was great. I haven't tested it extensively (just got it a few hours ago), but it seemed to fix the problem.

Linkandzelda

« Reply #3086 on: April 15, 2013, 11:21:09 pm »
I've noticed something interesting. About 20-40 mins into a reboot (or me doing something in the OS) there's choppiness that appears in the emulators, especially all the .emu series. I first noticed when I went into SNES9x after flashing the screenutitlity and changing to 60hz. All was good and the snes ran fine at full speed no choppiness I tested for 10-20 mins. Then I went to setup the nes.emu app and I noticed that it lagged and was choppy. I thought this was strange, for snes to be perfect but not nes? So I went back to snes and it was also laggy, choppy all over.

After a reboot it solved it, snes and nes is fine. It seems that after a certain amount of time that choppiness returns and I have to reboot for it to go away. I have wifi off and no other apps open at the time so I'm not sure what causes the problems. But, I have an idea that it might be the CPU governor I'm using deciding to take away the cpu power at random intervals causing choppiness. Will continue to research.

I'm a really picky guy when it comes to things like this, but so far I'm really impressed with this firmware compared to the stock setup. I look forward to future improvements, such as cpu able to reach 1.5ghz and left analog and dpad being separate inputs.

Damedus (OP)

« Reply #3087 on: April 15, 2013, 11:37:46 pm »
left analog and dpad are linked at hardware and would need a mod physically(and i dont think the jxd has the space to embed a HiD inside and replace the wires to the hid via a bridge to the otg usb.) that said the choppiness seems to be cause of heat sadly one of my units its exhibiting this reaction on all roms after about 30 mins of play and then it freezes with sound stutter even at low frequencies. I'm testing to find the cause which seems to be some sort of hardware failure.
~JXD 7300 Cook~
Devices:

lemmywinks

« Reply #3088 on: April 15, 2013, 11:40:06 pm »
Are you sure he isn't just experiencing the screen wake lag issue? He said after a reboot is fine.

Basically after you sleep then wake the screen it changes the refresh rate slightly which causes lag in more demanding emulators. Just set your screen to never sleep and use a screen dim app to turn the screen off.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, Pap KIII-Plus, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go
PC:
HP Envy M6
Acer 522
Psion 5 & 5MX

SooBlazed

« Reply #3089 on: April 15, 2013, 11:55:21 pm »
Yes it is however I was referring to the frontend toll they are displaying, since the ibenx is a did unit and has its own thread over at android forum topic you can comment there about price and specs, I'm interested in porting the frontend to the jxd.

That frontend is exactly what I want!

XPMB will reproduce it on every rom and i guess on every device too :)

Tomorrow in the evening me and Syder (an italian friend of mine) will work on it, we could release a very limited preview soon. :)
Yup and by the time they release this unit we might have the cover option enabled! woot:P

If there is work on porting this frontend I like it, what image size are the box art going to be? I have a lot of box art I can convert.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 11:56:56 pm by SooBlazed »