Author Topic: [S7300][Custom Firmware] NCCE 1.1 [New]2.0 Soon  (Read 701303 times)

Damedus (OP)

Re: JXD S7300 Fixes, Firmware, Roms Thread.
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2013, 06:58:12 am »
USB tools Tips .doc translated to English on main post.

1) Does the firmware from the willgoo is same as the official firmware from jxd website? If not, what are the different?

2) Does the tutorial you post on the first post is how to update the jxd s7300?

3) Can you also teach how to make the micro tf card 64gb work on jxd s7300?

4) Did you already swap the external as internal memory?

Yes its the same firmware Chinese instructions and all, I added a rough draft translation on a mediafire doc beside the firmware(my Chinese is mega rusty+ using google to speed me up).
The tutorial just states how to use the USB burn tool. The drivers are there and all in the folder and its detected (on windows 8x64 at least) as a worldcup device.
as for using the card deen said it wont be automounted at boot, rather once the device boots you can mount it. then use a app (no scripts yet sorry) to mount the usual gameloft/data/android folders. however on a reboot you must force end the redirect apk, mount the sd card and run it again. Ill look at this on my 32g card tomorow and see if the mount problem is just something with 64 gig cards.

Note: anyone that sees a good deal on a 64 gig card let me know I need a few, I have around 30 32 gig ones(got a good deal on them) so never felt the need to get 64 gig ones but I think my infinity and JXD deserve one.
~JXD 7300 Cook~
Devices:
JXD S7300B, PSP, Dingoo, Vita, 3ds, Kindle, ASUS Ti 700, SG2Sky, SG3, Note, Note 2, PS3, 360, Wii, WiiU, Asus quad-crossfire 7970 32g 4.8(8core) Ghz PC,ASUS GTX-71, ASUS H-1000, PS2, PSX, Jaguar, DC, SNES, Nes, SMS, Atari 2600, Genesis gen 2 /w cd & 32x. and a bunch of older consoles in collective storage (current:92 unique consoles)

Deen0X

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2013, 07:01:01 am »
1) Does the firmware from the willgoo is same as the official firmware from jxd website? If not, what are the different?

Yes, are the same

2) Does the tutorial you post on the first post is how to update the jxd s7300?

yes

3) Can you also teach how to make the micro tf card 64gb work on jxd s7300?

Damedus posted a way to make it to work on the first post.

4) Did you already swap the external as internal memory?

I tried, but the system become unstable. Hope Damedus or another guy can get this to work propertly.

Deen0X

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2013, 07:03:24 am »
Ill look at this on my 32g card tomorow and see if the mount problem is just something with 64 gig cards.

I have issues with automount only with 64GB Cards.
i tested 32GB cards and the device donīt have problems, automount correctly on each reboot and directorybind automatic redirects work without problems (donīt need to mount manually)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 07:08:12 am by Deen0X »

Damedus (OP)

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2013, 07:18:35 am »
so its although the device will read 64 gig cards, they are invisible upon boot. Lovely that's a load order error. Wondering if a simple script to rerun mounting after the .so has loaded will fix this.

also the firmware's framework includes BT, Phone files and a lot of files that can be truncated and optimized for the device. Id keep the OTG BT framework but i see no need for a few of the files (exept the call for turning on/off if it works with the OTG dongles (thinking of a 3mm paper-pin L shaped OTG cable)use a silicon case, atach the BT+ a open USB port on the outside back laying flat towards the bottom left. Adding a batery pack as thick as the usb/bt to cover the rest of the back. then plasticoat the case to make it all 1 unit thing.(the plugged OTG(top)/power plug(bottom) would keep the case aligned, and since most cases would be a bit small for the tablet it would be a snug stretched fit(heat case fitting) since I would use ribbon cable(paperclip cables) it would be flat only adding 3mmup and 3 mm down (so a 3mm thick silicon case would be perfect.) would be thicker but at least id get BT,USB full port and extra batery.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 07:31:29 am by Damedus »
~JXD 7300 Cook~
Devices:
JXD S7300B, PSP, Dingoo, Vita, 3ds, Kindle, ASUS Ti 700, SG2Sky, SG3, Note, Note 2, PS3, 360, Wii, WiiU, Asus quad-crossfire 7970 32g 4.8(8core) Ghz PC,ASUS GTX-71, ASUS H-1000, PS2, PSX, Jaguar, DC, SNES, Nes, SMS, Atari 2600, Genesis gen 2 /w cd & 32x. and a bunch of older consoles in collective storage (current:92 unique consoles)

Vektor

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2013, 07:27:13 am »
A little update on my situation: I tried to install winxp but it gave me bsod since it is too recent to run it.
I've tried vmware player and virtualbox to run xp 32bit vm. The issue is that at about 70-75% of the process the tablet turns into a usb storage drive and cannot find some kind of file.

It's the same with 8-64bit and xp32bit

wrc1010

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2013, 07:29:43 am »
Look like jxd s7300 can only support 32gb card without any problem.

Hope someone can come up a solution that can swap the external as internal memory because i think 8gb will not enough to install many games on it.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 07:31:18 am by wrc1010 »

skelton

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2013, 07:36:53 am »

Good idea this thread. If one day I get one of these I promise to help if I can. In the meantime, can only be a mere observer.
Will follow your findings with enthusiasm,
Retired

Damedus (OP)

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2013, 07:37:19 am »
Look like jxd s7300 can only support 32gb card without any problem.

Hope someone can come up a solution that can swap the external as internal memory because i think 8gb will not enough to install many games on it.
since its rooted and you can pass aps to storage, having most apps fully mounted on external cards(32g) would let you swap cards if needed. That's for android games of course as emu games dont need mounts to run games they can be set directories anywhere.
~JXD 7300 Cook~
Devices:

Damedus (OP)

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2013, 07:39:54 am »

Good idea this thread. If one day I get one of these I promise to help if I can. In the meantime, can only be a mere observer.
Will follow your findings with enthusiasm,

can always see if I miss something on the logs. Logical deduction of problems comes first, once we establish that we can troubleshoot, test, mod, find workarounds, and finally if JXD does nothing fix it if possible. Like I always say we don't know anything, we learn everyday, but what we must have is Logical thinking and a willing mind to test for solutions.
~JXD 7300 Cook~
Devices:

Damedus (OP)

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2013, 07:49:35 am »
A little update on my situation: I tried to install winxp but it gave me bsod since it is too recent to run it.
I've tried vmware player and virtualbox to run xp 32bit vm. The issue is that at about 70-75% of the process the tablet turns into a usb storage drive and cannot find some kind of file.

It's the same with 8-64bit and xp32bit

Vektor do you have ADB on this machine? Do you have drivers for other android devices installed? It sounds so similar to the device simply going off to USB mount mode. Something similar happens to me when rooting infinity tablets, the updater(a script in my case) uses a "pause""mount" command to push a file then wants to pause again and continue other processes. however the device is not detected upon the second pause. I use a manual adb command pushing and  wait instead looking at the device and pass tru just fine. im not sure if the case is that the device simply timed out or something forces it into USB mount mode but not back. Im wondering if you can simply place the update and patch zips on the SD card and vol - power them without a pc use or somehow get uboot to run on the tablet via adb.
~JXD 7300 Cook~
Devices:

Vektor

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2013, 08:06:15 am »
You're overevaluating me, I've installed android sdk some hours ago, and this JXD is my first android device, so I'm completely new, but since I attend computer science at university I've no problems in following tutorials.

I don't know anything about adb syntax , what I think is that the uImage or some other file is broken and in some way enables usb instead of running the kernel. There's no video and almost no communication (amlogic software sucks) to know any debug info.

Could you please tell me what to do with adb? Anyway, nor adb nor fastboot gives me any device in the list.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 08:10:13 am by Vektor »

Damedus (OP)

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2013, 08:27:11 am »
You're overevaluating me, I've installed android sdk some hours ago, and this JXD is my first android device, so I'm completely new, but since I attend computer science at university I've no problems in following tutorials.

I don't know anything about adb syntax , what I think is that the uImage or some other file is broken and in some way enables usb instead of running the kernel. There's no video and almost no communication (amlogic software sucks) to know any debug info.

Could you please tell me what to do with adb? Anyway, nor adb nor fastboot gives me any device in the list.

ADB wont list the Tablet? How about the USB burner? Since this is Armlogic's answer to Kies or odin, im sure if the device is being detected(port 1) as connected then there's hope, otherwise I might have to think PC and Tablet aren't getting along(change USB ports too) OR that firmware's UBoot is a bit faulty. I don't have source :( and making a script for USB burner seems pointless as im sure you know what you're doing when loading the update, Im just wondering if USBburner is picking the tablet as connected at all(75% can be just file load and point of write, udisk boot, and fails since the tablet is not on recovery mode.)

Could be something silly as the tablet having a USB mount mode but this isn't apple and I haven't seen that on android shot of TWRP's mount button on recovery menu and still it would boot normally(never seen button combo for USB mount mode, and that it would actually stay on that mode. Fastboot yes but as you said no device detected on fastboot) however if the PC can see it as a USB mount then full brick is less likely. and semi Bricks should be fixed with the USB burn(Ill try some reverse engi on the USB burner se what I can dig on it)

The Tool on the original JXD files has a log for a few devices and also had TEMP files. Funny how many of the logs show FAILS to write at step 20. I'm wondering if there's bad TEMP files on your file(its just the zip files separated for use by the burner). IN any case I posted a clean updater with just the updater and the drivers. No logs, no Temps. I'll laugh if that is the issue. Otherwise looking at these logs (whether they were made by JXD testing updates on devices or willgoo testing it) are a good read seeing as there ARE fails to read, im thinking the tool is a bit hasty and the device times out.(IT does retry on the logs tho).

<command sn="20" count="150">update:update.zip</command>  <--step 20 (here is where most logs call for a fail)
   <command sn="21" count="150">update:patch.zip</command>
   <command sn="22">copy_media</command>
   <command sn="23">shutdown</command>
@ skelton do those look like timers to you? im used to the Pause and wait commands, used to seeing count as a log flush but at 150 seems weird. maybe his device is failing to wake up to push the update.zip?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 09:02:59 am by Damedus »
~JXD 7300 Cook~
Devices:

Vektor

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2013, 09:48:55 am »
I think there's some bug in uImage, There should be some file in the usb disk to be used by the jxd, but the drive is empty.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 09:54:28 am by Vektor »

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2013, 09:53:40 am »

ADB wont list the Tablet? How about the USB burner? Since this is Armlogic's answer to Kies or odin, im sure if the device is being detected(port 1) as connected then there's hope, otherwise I might have to think PC and Tablet aren't getting along(change USB ports too) OR that firmware's UBoot is a bit faulty. I don't have source :( and making a script for USB burner seems pointless as im sure you know what you're doing when loading the update, Im just wondering if USBburner is picking the tablet as connected at all(75% can be just file load and point of write, udisk boot, and fails since the tablet is not on recovery mode.)

Could be something silly as the tablet having a USB mount mode but this isn't apple and I haven't seen that on android shot of TWRP's mount button on recovery menu and still it would boot normally(never seen button combo for USB mount mode, and that it would actually stay on that mode. Fastboot yes but as you said no device detected on fastboot) however if the PC can see it as a USB mount then full brick is less likely. and semi Bricks should be fixed with the USB burn(Ill try some reverse engi on the USB burner se what I can dig on it)

The Tool on the original JXD files has a log for a few devices and also had TEMP files. Funny how many of the logs show FAILS to write at step 20. I'm wondering if there's bad TEMP files on your file(its just the zip files separated for use by the burner). IN any case I posted a clean updater with just the updater and the drivers. No logs, no Temps. I'll laugh if that is the issue. Otherwise looking at these logs (whether they were made by JXD testing updates on devices or willgoo testing it) are a good read seeing as there ARE fails to read, im thinking the tool is a bit hasty and the device times out.(IT does retry on the logs tho).

<command sn="20" count="150">update:update.zip</command>  <--step 20 (here is where most logs call for a fail)
   <command sn="21" count="150">update:patch.zip</command>
   <command sn="22">copy_media</command>
   <command sn="23">shutdown</command>
@ skelton do those look like timers to you? im used to the Pause and wait commands, used to seeing count as a log flush but at 150 seems weird. maybe his device is failing to wake up to push the update.zip?

It's possible that he didn't turn debug mode on in the tablet before bricking it.... that would render adb totally usesless unfortunatly i think.

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2013, 09:55:56 am »
I think there's some bug in uImage

It's possible, but if that was the case, others would be reporting this same problem..... flashing things just sometimes goes horribly wrong with no good explanation, that's why doing any flashing of any sort makes me nervous, it's something that should never be taken lightly i think.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic