Author Topic: JXD S601 New android console from JXD with shoulder buttons!!!  (Read 452965 times)

SuperMatt100

Re: JXD S601 New android console from JXD with shoulder buttons!!!
« Reply #660 on: March 12, 2012, 02:37:59 am »
i say that we should all email jxd and ask them to include a program like No Frills CPU so we can clock the jxd s601 to 1ghz like they have advertised we should also include in are emails that we understand that batter life would be effected but with a program like No Frills CPU it would be the users choice. i feel if enough people email them then they will give in.

skelton

« Reply #661 on: March 12, 2012, 07:06:20 am »
i say that we should all email jxd and ask them to include a program like No Frills CPU so we can clock the jxd s601 to 1ghz like they have advertised we should also include in are emails that we understand that batter life would be effected but with a program like No Frills CPU it would be the users choice. i feel if enough people email them then they will give in.

I did it and they told me that firmware was not stable (?????), but as you say, if all of us email them maybe we can convince them.
Retired

moofree

« Reply #662 on: March 12, 2012, 08:15:43 am »
It's not exactly stable at 600mhz either... ;)

At least they should fix their marketing material. If they still wanted to be dishonest, they could call it 864mhz by adding 600cpu+264gpu together.
Atari jaguar style; Do The Math!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 08:18:49 am by moofree »

ruffnutts

« Reply #663 on: March 12, 2012, 08:44:23 am »
As a customer we should get the choice - I say open it up and lets tinker lol... I mean if it breaks then who care's its cheap as chips pmsl

hamster_ruso

« Reply #664 on: March 12, 2012, 11:02:43 am »
If anyone wants to manually root their device (ie: linux users), you can just run the standard zergRush script. You'll need the android sdk installed (or at least a working adb)
Adb push the unzipped zergRush into the /data/local directory along with the su and Superuser.apk from inside here

adb shell into the device, run the following
Code: [Select]
chmod 755 /data/local/zergRush
/data/local/zergRush
It should run and send hundreds of zerglings to kill the opponent.  8)

After it runs, run adb shell again, and make sure you have a # prefixing your command line. This indicates you have root.

Now you have to move the superuser files into place, set the permissions, and reboot.
Code: [Select]
cp /data/local/su /system/bin/
cp /data/local/Superuser.apk /system/app/
chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
chmod 644 /system/app/Superuser.apk
reboot
This is how I've rooted my S601 from day one.
I bet the unlockroot and breakdroid scripts are using the same method in the background, I just prefer the manual way.

zergRush thread on xda...
Superuser from here.

note: Titanium backup will complain about about su's permissions. You should tell titanium backup to stfu about it in its GUI Preferences cause the 6755 they want to change you to isn't preferable over 4755.

That's nice, moofree. I will try your method once I receive my s601. I like this way, without having to use rare exe's files hehe (I'm Linux user).

Thanks a lot, man =)

indask8

« Reply #665 on: March 12, 2012, 07:53:38 pm »
I've read that the Amlogic 8726-M isn't very stable over 800Mhz (and overheats, I have a android tv box based on that hardware running @900mhz and it sure gets hot) so maybe it's why they don't want to overclock it, (or it might be for marketing purposes: they don't want the S601 to overshadow their other tablets)...

Anyway it's either stability/heat/voltage problems or just for marketing... (and it's JXD, they are known to sell several stuff almost identical with just a few extra features/less features/new design)

(And hello everyone since it's my first post)  :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 08:01:38 pm by indask8 »

moofree

« Reply #666 on: March 12, 2012, 08:23:46 pm »
Yeah, though the amlogic's logic design is relatively modern, it's built on a relatively obsolete 65nm lithographic process.
The typical alternative Allwinner A10 uses an older cortex A8 core, but is built on a newer 40nm process.
There are a lot of tradeoffs when you consider the relative merits of each SOC, but allwinner seems to be a lot more forthcoming with their source code.

Hopefully we see some of the newer chinese SOCs ie: rockchip 30xx in these devices sooner rather than later.

hamster_ruso

« Reply #667 on: March 12, 2012, 08:26:03 pm »
On the photos of the mainboard we can see that the battery it's extremely near to the board, maybe the answer it's as easy as "if they put more MHz, this gadget can explode".

Just kidding, I imagine that they don't want to open their kernel's source because they are maybe violating some licenses.

TriVerse

« Reply #668 on: March 12, 2012, 10:14:20 pm »
E-mailed Grip Games about One Epic Game, it runs fine on the S601 as evidenced on my site (http://gamingonbatteries.com/one-epic-game-review-s601-android/) but it could be a good amount better if it had a feature to allow using the physical buttons instead of touch screen only.

I got a reply this morning (about 9 hours after the first e-mail was sent).  Basically, adding physical buttons use is a feature they are thinking about adding in a future update but it is not definite yet.  They mentioned that they will base it on the Xperia Play inputs (understandable as that is the current leader for Android gaming with physical buttons).

It is a start.  I suggest that people e-mail developers too since JXD is not exactly being very open minded about their kernel and other closed resources.  If we can get developers to better support compatible devices like the Play then we win anyhow.

I am off to e-mail the developers of that Captain America title now. 

Justinovitch

« Reply #669 on: March 12, 2012, 11:43:30 pm »
Hi everyone,

I finally got my JXD S601 and I have some questions. I updated my device to the latest firmware and rooted it and installed zepxxx's rom. The S601 runs much better now, but I have the problem with my hardware buttons ( I cant use button X in FPSE for example ) . I have read and downloaded the new qwerty.kl & adc_keypad.kl from SNESFAN but I don't really know how to replace them with the current qwerty.kl & adc_keypad.kl.... Yeah, yeah I'm a n00b ;)

Oh and one more thing, does anybody know a good video player for this device which runs files with AC3 and DTS  with sound?

Thanks in advance :)

ruffnutts

« Reply #670 on: March 13, 2012, 03:04:43 pm »
I see there's been a custom rom release for the JXD-S7100 on he main page of dingoo scene....

ruffnutts

« Reply #671 on: March 13, 2012, 04:15:05 pm »
LOL my JXD has just stop working put it into standby mode now it won't come back on and the computer says its malfunctioned lol... O'well see what I can do a...

Well don't know what happend but working again..

By the way might do a video of onlive running Limbo using GameKeyboard...  ;)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 04:34:26 pm by ruffnutts »

ruffnutts

« Reply #672 on: March 13, 2012, 05:13:27 pm »
E-mailed Grip Games about One Epic Game, it runs fine on the S601 as evidenced on my site (http://gamingonbatteries.com/one-epic-game-review-s601-android/) but it could be a good amount better if it had a feature to allow using the physical buttons instead of touch screen only.

I got a reply this morning (about 9 hours after the first e-mail was sent).  Basically, adding physical buttons use is a feature they are thinking about adding in a future update but it is not definite yet.  They mentioned that they will base it on the Xperia Play inputs (understandable as that is the current leader for Android gaming with physical buttons).

It is a start.  I suggest that people e-mail developers too since JXD is not exactly being very open minded about their kernel and other closed resources.  If we can get developers to better support compatible devices like the Play then we win anyhow.

I am off to e-mail the developers of that Captain America title now.

Well there might be a way to do this using GameKeyboard app... it works with GTA III ect its only 1.49 on the market  8)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.locnet.gamekeyboard

8)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 05:19:27 pm by ruffnutts »

TriVerse

« Reply #673 on: March 13, 2012, 05:36:58 pm »
Well there might be a way to do this using GameKeyboard app... it works with GTA III ect its only 1.49 on the market  8)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.locnet.gamekeyboard

8)

As far as I can tell, Neither the Captain America game or One Epic Game support physical keys.  Did they update GameKeyboard to support mapping areas of the screen to a physical button? 

ruffnutts

« Reply #674 on: March 13, 2012, 05:57:36 pm »
This is what I`m trying to do so I can play Onlive better but also moofree had the phyiscal buttons working with it,
So I think so lol... I trying to find out the input values of the buttons if its a letter or number ect...

ruffnutts

« Reply #675 on: March 13, 2012, 06:23:18 pm »
News Flash, Gamekeyboard lets you re-map physical buttons works great... video coming SOON! of Limbo running on Onlive with physical buttons on the JXD....... well happy

ruffnutts  8)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 06:35:36 pm by ruffnutts »

ruffnutts

« Reply #676 on: March 13, 2012, 07:54:47 pm »
Just playing PES2012 on onlive but the lack of analog kills it lol... also a bit laggy I reckon its due to the JXD being clocked @ 600Mhz... remeber the Onlive micro consloe is a 1Ghz Marvel CPU inside.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 07:57:14 pm by ruffnutts »

skelton

« Reply #677 on: March 13, 2012, 08:50:21 pm »
Great! A shame of the 600 mhz clock.

I've testing CPSEMU 1.2 and works great (sound is a bit weird in some games, because of the emulator).
Retired

ruffnutts

« Reply #678 on: March 13, 2012, 09:11:06 pm »
Cool..,,,  might have to redo the video you can see me in it pmsl

skelton

« Reply #679 on: March 13, 2012, 10:17:44 pm »
I've made a new video showing PSX emulation and PCE.EMU with PC Engine Cd games.

<a href="https://web.archive.org/web/20190318093604/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9MMS1zrqOw" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9MMS1zrqOw</a>

Edit, another one showing CPSEMU and Neo.emu emulattors.

<a href="https://web.archive.org/web/20190318093604/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aVkcyPgCV0" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aVkcyPgCV0</a>
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 07:36:06 am by skelton »
Retired

Post a new topic