Author Topic: JXD S601 New android console from JXD with shoulder buttons!!!  (Read 230165 times)

SNESFAN

Re: JXD S601 New android console from JXD with shoulder buttons!!!
« Reply #480 on: February 27, 2012, 11:19:06 AM »
The spl I think its called allows you to boot from SD that's why you can halt your device by putting a non functioning uimage recovery on your SD card.

Aside from hardware failure and as long as your battery holds a charge this thing should be really hard to brick.

Offline SuperMatt100

« Reply #481 on: February 27, 2012, 11:32:38 AM »
@hurley i found a video with some mame emulation on it http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=h_-NzIbXvpU#t=279s

Offline TeiselBonne1834

« Reply #482 on: February 27, 2012, 11:51:40 AM »
Wizard! I'mma going for teh' JXD S601! Thanks SNESFAN and 1wiierdguy for the quick replies!  ;D

Offline moofree

« Reply #483 on: February 27, 2012, 01:06:11 PM »
Looks like gta3 has all the buttons bound to buttons 0-9
I've cooked up a GTA3-specific replacement qwerty.kl file to go in the /system/usr/keylayout/ directory (back up your original first)
It's not perfect, but I've got most of the functions bound to a button.

edit: found that if you alter your build.prop to resemble the the xperia play, GTA changes its button layout. I'll have to try snesfan's layout with it...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 04:22:34 PM by moofree »

SNESFAN

« Reply #484 on: February 27, 2012, 02:00:23 PM »
there are some programs that will let you map hardware keys to scancodes if it's just for one or two apps, I can't seem to find the page right now, but it's the same solution for a per app profile using an iCP with bluezIME. You could use that app instead of using my modified qwerty.kl, I just did it like that to get as much of a xperia play experience as possible.

edit: found that if you alter your build.prop to resemble the the xperia play, GTA changes its button layout. I'll have to try snesfan's layout with it...

there is one drawback from modding the build.prop in this way... some games are coded for the Qualcom Adreno 205 rather than the Mali400 and it throws some stuff off on occasion (dungeon defenders 2 for example)

when you tell the market you have an xperia play it gives you a version of the software that has compatible mappings or exclusive to that handheld... but it sometimes also thinks you have the adreno 205.

it might take some trial and error to figure out what lines can be set to stock S601, and which can be set to Xperia Play and still get everything
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 02:02:58 PM by SNESFAN »

Offline sonicboy

« Reply #485 on: February 27, 2012, 07:00:54 PM »
I have an annoying problem with my jxd. When leaving it on standby for a long time (some hours) it becomes stuck and the screen won't awake when pressing the on button. The only solution is to push the reset button for some time. Could it be that this results from not factory resetting it after upgrading firmware (I didn't do because it wasn't mentionned in the description by jxd, also it rebooted automatically when the update was finished). If so, I guess I should redo the upgrade, if not what could be the matter?

edit: I flashed it, the problem was indeed related to this. Now it's working normal
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 02:57:15 PM by sonicboy »

Offline bamboori

« Reply #486 on: February 27, 2012, 08:02:44 PM »
how is the battery lif on standby? is it even worth leaving it in that state?
and some other questions:

how do the shoulder buttons feel like when pressed? are they like the letcool shoulders? or like the gba ones? im really curious since im willing to mod my jxd to my gusto button-wise as soon as i can afford one.

Offline hurley

« Reply #487 on: February 27, 2012, 08:13:16 PM »
@hurley i found a video with some mame emulation on it http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=h_-NzIbXvpU#t=279s

thanks matey  i had missed that one!  tbh i'm still wondering do all the other mame games run as smoothly as the one game shown in that youtube clip?   i guess i should assume they generally work great then

SNESFAN

« Reply #488 on: February 27, 2012, 09:03:03 PM »
I have an annoying problem with my jxd. When leaving it on standby for a long time (some hours) it becomes stuck and the screen won't awake when pressing the on button. The only solution is to push the reset button for some time. Could it be that this results from not factory resetting it after upgrading firmware (I didn't do because it wasn't mentionned in the description by jxd, also it rebooted automatically when the update was finished). If so, I guess I should redo the upgrade, if not what could be the matter?

you can try factory resetting, doesn't sound like normal behavior. Do you have anything weird running like a task killer, alternate home launcher, custom lock screen app?

Also you don't have setcpu or anything installed either do you? Setting your cpu below the normal "minimum freq" will cause the device to be non-responsive to wakeup stuff.

try factory resetting and just install the normal emulators/games and see if you can pinpoint more specifically what you are doing that is causing the freeze if it happens agian.

how is the battery lif on standby? is it even worth leaving it in that state?
and some other questions:

how do the shoulder buttons feel like when pressed? are they like the letcool shoulders? or like the gba ones? im really curious since im willing to mod my jxd to my gusto button-wise as soon as i can afford one.
stanby for me is ~5% per 12 hours with the power save wifi sleep policy in the build.prop (non-stock) also make sure you set that in wifi settings menu or just turn off wifi when not using it.

EDIT: right now sitting at 80% battery and have been away from charger for 2 days 17 hours.... wifi has been using 49% of the total consumption

actual runtime is about 4-5 hours give or take depending on what you are doing.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 10:41:11 PM by SNESFAN »

Offline TriVerse

« Reply #489 on: February 27, 2012, 10:34:35 PM »
@hurley  I have played various arcade games on my JXD (modded as per SNESFan's guide) and so far, they run fine.  I have experienced some hiccups in stuff like Double Dragon 3 but that could be due to the game being rather bad.  Final Fight and Crime Fighters run great and those, honestly, are my main reason for having MAME installed- anything past them is icing on the cake.

Offline TeiselBonne1834

« Reply #490 on: February 28, 2012, 12:32:45 AM »
Could someone see if Minecraft works on the JXD S601? Mebe some screenshots and if theres any lag please report.  Thanks! ;)

Offline moofree

« Reply #491 on: February 28, 2012, 05:12:26 AM »
Could someone see if Minecraft works on the JXD S601? Mebe some screenshots and if theres any lag please report.  Thanks! ;)
Minecraft runs fine, but I haven't found any movement keys to bind the d-pad to. I don't notice any major slowdown.
Right now it's almost unplayable with single-touch.

I'm sure this is something that can be worked around; possibly with an xperia play specific build.

Currently, at least the L trigger attacks and square brings up the block inventory...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 05:16:09 AM by moofree »

Offline skelton

« Reply #492 on: February 28, 2012, 07:17:08 AM »
I've testing the new mame4droid Reloades emulator (new version by seleuco) ad it runs incredibly slow, so it is not playable at all. We need some overclocking to our machine (I`ve seen that "products" like zenithlink c91 runs at 1 ghz without problems.....
All your base are belong to us

Offline sonicboy

« Reply #493 on: February 28, 2012, 06:01:32 PM »
I've flashed my jxd today and re-installed everything, but i'm unable to use market. I only see some programs, not the whole supply of apps. I used the tutorial on p18 of this forum. How should I enable it again?

edit: I uninstalled market through root explorer (/system/apps) and re-installed, now i have full access
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 02:56:41 PM by sonicboy »

Offline skelton

« Reply #494 on: February 28, 2012, 10:18:14 PM »
Have you changed your build.prop? You need to do it in order that market believes we have an Xperiaplay.
All your base are belong to us