Author Topic: JXD S601 New android console from JXD with shoulder buttons!!!  (Read 427702 times)

Wugy

Re: JXD S601 New android console from JXD with shoulder buttons!!!
« Reply #1950 on: January 26, 2013, 11:46:05 am »
Hi Skelton, I'm new here but I've always followed you and I'm grateful for your work! ^_^
I would have some questions for you... I would like to use the Game Emulator (GMU) in my JXD s601, the emulator which is located in the JXD s5300... It's possible? Could you help me to pass the emulator files? I'm curious to test this emulator on my JXD s601! One emulator for all! Very very thanks! Best regards! ^_^

PS: Sorry for my english... I'm italian... :)))
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 11:48:53 am by Wugy »

skelton

« Reply #1951 on: January 26, 2013, 12:10:53 pm »
Hi Skelton, I'm new here but I've always followed you and I'm grateful for your work! ^_^
I would have some questions for you... I would like to use the Game Emulator (GMU) in my JXD s601, the emulator which is located in the JXD s5300... It's possible? Could you help me to pass the emulator files? I'm curious to test this emulator on my JXD s601! One emulator for all! Very very thanks! Best regards! ^_^

PS: Sorry for my english... I'm italian... :)))

Sorry, but I tried to do exactly what you ask with no results, probably some checking avoid that. (these emus are made by generalplus)

Any case, here you go if you want to try:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/69559458/EMU_JXD.rar
Retired

Wugy

« Reply #1952 on: January 26, 2013, 12:15:56 pm »
Thank you anyway.. I'll try it!  ;)

« Reply #1953 on: February 03, 2013, 06:22:01 pm »
[ AND NOW ]

The item, item number E1212040918310122, jxd s18, from everbuying.com, which I bought in december 012, is freezing every 5 minutes and has to be recharged every hour :( !!!!!!!!!!!!!

A google search brought me here when i googled 'jxd s18 freeze'

i sent a complaint and awaiting reply from them and see what they will say cos I still havent even used it for a month now !

this is very sad, hope they didnt fool me !

I have an annoying problem with my jxd. When leaving it on standby for a long time (some hours) it becomes stuck and the screen won't awake when pressing the on button. The only solution is to push the reset button for some time. Could it be that this results from not factory resetting it after upgrading firmware (I didn't do because it wasn't mentionned in the description by jxd, also it rebooted automatically when the update was finished). If so, I guess I should redo the upgrade, if not what could be the matter?

you can try factory resetting, doesn't sound like normal behavior. Do you have anything weird running like a task killer, alternate home launcher, custom lock screen app?

Also you don't have setcpu or anything installed either do you? Setting your cpu below the normal "minimum freq" will cause the device to be non-responsive to wakeup stuff.

try factory resetting and just install the normal emulators/games and see if you can pinpoint more specifically what you are doing that is causing the freeze if it happens agian.

how is the battery lif on standby? is it even worth leaving it in that state?
and some other questions:

how do the shoulder buttons feel like when pressed? are they like the letcool shoulders? or like the gba ones? im really curious since im willing to mod my jxd to my gusto button-wise as soon as i can afford one.
stanby for me is ~5% per 12 hours with the power save wifi sleep policy in the build.prop (non-stock) also make sure you set that in wifi settings menu or just turn off wifi when not using it.

EDIT: right now sitting at 80% battery and have been away from charger for 2 days 17 hours.... wifi has been using 49% of the total consumption

actual runtime is about 4-5 hours give or take depending on what you are doing.

skelton

« Reply #1954 on: February 03, 2013, 06:29:55 pm »
[ AND NOW ]

The item, item number E1212040918310122, jxd s18, from everbuying.com, which I bought in december 012, is freezing every 5 minutes and has to be recharged every hour :( !!!!!!!!!!!!!

A google search brought me here when i googled 'jxd s18 freeze'

i sent a complaint and awaiting reply from them and see what they will say cos I still havent even used it for a month now !

this is very sad, hope they didnt fool me !

I have an annoying problem with my jxd. When leaving it on standby for a long time (some hours) it becomes stuck and the screen won't awake when pressing the on button. The only solution is to push the reset button for some time. Could it be that this results from not factory resetting it after upgrading firmware (I didn't do because it wasn't mentionned in the description by jxd, also it rebooted automatically when the update was finished). If so, I guess I should redo the upgrade, if not what could be the matter?

you can try factory resetting, doesn't sound like normal behavior. Do you have anything weird running like a task killer, alternate home launcher, custom lock screen app?

Also you don't have setcpu or anything installed either do you? Setting your cpu below the normal "minimum freq" will cause the device to be non-responsive to wakeup stuff.

try factory resetting and just install the normal emulators/games and see if you can pinpoint more specifically what you are doing that is causing the freeze if it happens agian.

how is the battery lif on standby? is it even worth leaving it in that state?
and some other questions:

how do the shoulder buttons feel like when pressed? are they like the letcool shoulders? or like the gba ones? im really curious since im willing to mod my jxd to my gusto button-wise as soon as i can afford one.
stanby for me is ~5% per 12 hours with the power save wifi sleep policy in the build.prop (non-stock) also make sure you set that in wifi settings menu or just turn off wifi when not using it.

EDIT: right now sitting at 80% battery and have been away from charger for 2 days 17 hours.... wifi has been using 49% of the total consumption

actual runtime is about 4-5 hours give or take depending on what you are doing.

s18 is a different device, just try to reinstall firmware.
Retired

skelton

« Reply #1955 on: February 22, 2013, 08:15:55 am »

If you still enjoy s601 (I do) and want CWM for it:

http://forum.openhandhelds.net/index.php/topic,309.0.html

Consider this my goodbye present.
Retired