Author Topic: JXD S601 New android console from JXD with shoulder buttons!!!  (Read 452951 times)

SNESFAN

Re: JXD S601 New android console from JXD with shoulder buttons!!!
« Reply #1500 on: April 19, 2012, 02:44:44 am »
you have to change the symbolic link of /mnt/flash/ to /sdcard/ or /mnt/sdcard/ I think

havn't tested it out... but that's my understanding

frakme

« Reply #1501 on: April 19, 2012, 05:18:47 pm »
Hi there, im having a massive problem with my jxd601 - My d pad and analogue stick is working when I assign them to the emulator and save them, but when I run a game, the buttons work, not the d pad or analogue stick,
I am useing the latest emulators from slideme, n64-snes-gba

lostaddict1

« Reply #1502 on: April 19, 2012, 05:27:56 pm »
Some news on CIFS thing. I manage to load successfully the slow-work.ko module (after some hex editing). That means the novo8 source is indeed compatible with ours.

Code: [Select]
# lsmod
lsmod
slow_work 11217 0 [permanent], Live 0xbf062000 (P)
mali 234350 2 - Live 0xbf015000
ump 46886 19 mali, Live 0xbf000000

I still have issues with the cifs.ko. I get those errors:

Code: [Select]
insmod /system/lib/modules/cifs.ko
insmod: init_module '/system/lib/modules/cifs.ko' failed (No such file or directory)
# dmesg |tail
dmesg |tail
<4>[ 4632.958000] cifs: disagrees about version of symbol kernel_setsockopt
<4>[ 4632.962000] cifs: Unknown symbol kernel_setsockopt
<4>[ 4632.969000] cifs: disagrees about version of symbol sock_create_kern
<4>[ 4632.973000] cifs: Unknown symbol sock_create_kern
<4>[ 4632.980000] cifs: disagrees about version of symbol sock_release
<4>[ 4632.983000] cifs: Unknown symbol sock_release
<4>[ 4632.992000] cifs: disagrees about version of symbol kernel_sendmsg
<4>[ 4632.994000] cifs: Unknown symbol kernel_sendmsg
<4>[ 4633.000000] cifs: disagrees about version of symbol slow_work_enqueue
<4>[ 4633.005000] cifs: Unknown symbol slow_work_enqueue

Because i have insert 8 bytes ("preempt " string in order to pass the vermagic check) i need to remove 8 bytes from the file before the ".gnu.linkonce.this_module" so that it can recognize the module (if i don't do it I get the module not found error). But when i do this it seems that the indexes of the above variables are messed up...

I will try a little more on this, but the correct way is to recompile the novo8 source code with the correct version string...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 05:39:26 pm by lostaddict1 »

frjavi

« Reply #1503 on: April 19, 2012, 07:30:29 pm »
  Hi, I trying to play the deadspace game, If I try to use the market I dont found the app in it. If I download the apk and try to download the data a messsage says error about contry location.

If I download in my PC the data and place in micro SD i can Run the game but I have the white textures problem. I read this problem is fixed with Chainfire 3d but when I try it (pro version) with Qualcom plugin this do same white textures problem, I try diferent texture option in chainfire but I got the same problem.

I heat there are a version working without chainfire 3d and with textures ok, someone solve this issue?

Beeks

« Reply #1504 on: April 19, 2012, 07:40:02 pm »
Hi there, im having a massive problem with my jxd601 - My d pad and analogue stick is working when I assign them to the emulator and save them, but when I run a game, the buttons work, not the d pad or analogue stick,

I had same problem with n64oid had to also map the analog the same as dpad and then his worked

Give it a whirl

frakme

« Reply #1505 on: April 20, 2012, 01:44:45 am »

I had same problem with n64oid had to also map the analog the same as dpad and then his worked

Give it a whirl

Thankyou thankyou thankyou, the dpad works perfectly. Although saying that, I didnt really have that problem with the stock firmware

Im using snesfan custom rom, so maybe those settings were deleted

mougrim

« Reply #1506 on: April 20, 2012, 07:52:12 am »
By the way... you can download firmware with English set by default from English version of jxd website.

obocaman

« Reply #1507 on: April 20, 2012, 08:33:42 am »
hi all, past month I brought my JXDs601 and tested..tested and tested so much. Installed news kernels, tested emus, etc.. as many of yours. I'm so happy with it, but something make me scream every time I reboot my device and see the bootanimation haha.

After read this post and learn so much from all of yours about JXD now I want to do my little contribution.
I'm working on new bootanimation for my JXD601 and when finished, share with community and if SNESFAN would, can be included in his next custom firmware rom.

I'm opened to ideas, suggestions and anything you want in the community new bootanimation :)

PD. Trying to do too my custom firmware with root acces.. I think it's not so dificult and if I got it, post a "How to do" !!

frjavi

« Reply #1508 on: April 20, 2012, 09:14:53 am »
hi all, past month I brought my JXDs601 and tested..tested and tested so much. Installed news kernels, tested emus, etc.. as many of yours. I'm so happy with it, but something make me scream every time I reboot my device and see the bootanimation haha.

After read this post and learn so much from all of yours about JXD now I want to do my little contribution.
I'm working on new bootanimation for my JXD601 and when finished, share with community and if SNESFAN would, can be included in his next custom firmware rom.

I'm opened to ideas, suggestions and anything you want in the community new bootanimation :)

PD. Trying to do too my custom firmware with root acces.. I think it's not so dificult and if I got it, post a "How to do" !!

Maybe in your animation you can use the Title Zeus as the name of the JXDS601 board, I like call the Jxds601 The Zeus because it is more handy name. maybe when you finish Chinese will need copy this custom rom :P jeje. Maybe the Zeus title emerging from seeling or so.

skelton

« Reply #1509 on: April 20, 2012, 10:18:32 am »

Hi, I'm cooking some stuff too. If you want me to test your bootanimation let me know. I'm just starting right now, since I don't have much time, but I think I'm getting some progress. The more information we share, the more custom roms we'll have, so users will have multiple choices. I think it's a great thing.
Retired

obocaman

« Reply #1510 on: April 20, 2012, 11:12:08 am »
Hi, I'm cooking some stuff too. If you want me to test your bootanimation let me know. I'm just starting right now, since I don't have much time, but I think I'm getting some progress. The more information we share, the more custom roms we'll have, so users will have multiple choices. I think it's a great thing.

That's the point !! Count on it.. I upload bootanimation.zip when finished.
As far I know.. within the bootanimation.zip are two folders and a txt file. The text file seems to be some kind of pointer or configuration (maybe I need search more info about it) and inside the second folder are 100 img still files. Player one after one get the boot animation. It's easy to do an animation replacement with After effects and export frame by frame. The only difficult it's to be an artist and make something good :)

I try this weekend to do something and I post here. !!

All the best

Paul

« Reply #1511 on: April 20, 2012, 01:41:43 pm »
Is it safe to uninstall or disable phone related services like contacts, calendar etc.?

exodus

« Reply #1512 on: April 21, 2012, 08:06:02 am »
Any mario, sonic, etc is good. :)  Any popular past present video game animation I would like to have.  Please share your findings.

Paul

« Reply #1513 on: April 22, 2012, 03:11:41 am »
I'd go with something along the lines of:
http://media.photobucket.com/image/shodan%20gif/lpss2/shodan-a.gif
or the PSP boot up screen just to confuse the living heck out of people.

lemmywinks

« Reply #1514 on: April 22, 2012, 10:12:31 am »
That System Shock one would be great!

A Castlevania themed boot would be good too.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, Pap KIII-Plus, RS-97, RS-90, New Bittboy, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go,
PC:
HP Envy M6, Acer 522, Dell Mini 9
Psion 5 & 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

cvrle77

« Reply #1515 on: April 22, 2012, 07:06:48 pm »
Hello to everyone :)

So, I bought this device, thanks to this thread and this forum. But, what never crossed my mind, is that I have 0 knowledge about android OS, and anything related to that, so , while I was waiting JXD to arrive, after order, I was trying to lurk around, and gain some knowledge. But, that wasn't enough to pull out what I wanted.

My problem is next:

I've updated, reloaded firmware, like 30 times till now. Old, new, mods...everything...
I've tried changing start.bat , deleting line 'adb.exe shell su -c "rm /system/app/*_Softwin.apk" > nul' so I can keep emulators, and all their settings, but that failed.

Can anyone help me, what I want is, to install update with easy tools, but to keep emulators, and all their settings.
Is it even possible?

Above all I would like to keep old interface, but for some reason, FPse doesn't work on it, I get booted out instantly :(
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 07:19:56 pm by cvrle77 »

exodus

« Reply #1516 on: April 23, 2012, 05:01:33 am »
How do you get to the animation files? How would you update them just unzip and then replace and rezip and copy back?

Also, new problems. Set-Cpu has stopped working, always with force close.  Angry birds and fruit ninja is also having problems now. Makes me force close.  Not sure what caused it.

Also for some reason it is starting to crash a lot now. Every 20 minutes it freezes and goes to reboot.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 05:47:57 am by exodus »

exodus

« Reply #1517 on: April 23, 2012, 06:14:01 am »
How can we get OTG support for this? So we can hook up bluetooth devices?

ruffnutts

« Reply #1518 on: April 23, 2012, 08:35:41 am »
The postman has tried to deliver my JXD to Isharegifts and failed hope they do recieve it soon so I can get it back grrrr

Dinoelaine

« Reply #1519 on: April 23, 2012, 10:49:06 am »
I saw  JXD s601 in Dinodirect  - $73.33 . I will try this site and text the s601 ,

after I receive it . I will share it here .

http://www.dinodirect.com/handheld-game-console-intelligent-android-wifi/~p.a89

;D ;D

Post a new topic