Author Topic: JXD s5800 missing sd  (Read 280 times)

foleyjo (OP)

JXD s5800 missing sd
« on: February 23, 2017, 08:50:47 am »
Hi all.
I'm having an issue with my s5800 and not sure if it's hardware related or maybe some software corrupting it.
It will work fine for a bit when first powered on.
However after a while it will stop downloading anything and complain there is no sd card. I can still access the files on my external sd card so  I'm guessing it's something to do with internal storage.
In total commander I can open sd card (storage/sdcard0) which points to my external sd card but can't access sd card (2) (storage/sdcard1) which appears to be internal.

I've also noticed 1 or 2 apps disappearing. 

Any help or advice would be appreciated

skelton

Re: JXD s5800 missing sd
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 09:59:14 am »
Sounds like a corrupted partition. Maybe a wipe or reinstalling the firmware will fix It, unless is a hardware issue and the nand is damaged.
Retired

foleyjo (OP)

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 10:23:14 am »
Thanks Skelton.
Thought that would be the suggestion but wanted to make sure there wasn't a simpler solution before wiping. I'm struggling to back up my apps and appdata due to the sd card issue. I'll try backing up and then a factory reset I think.

foleyjo (OP)

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 09:34:18 pm »
Something is changing my SD card to read only. In my file browser I can remount as r/w and it works again. I keep first ding strange apps installed that have no icon but avg isn't picking up a virus for some reason

miroli

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 08:26:58 am »
I experienced the same thing.
I just bought my s5800, and i was surprised, when i saw that the internal sd was addressed as sdcard1 and the microsd was sdcard0. In addition all my installed android games went to the microSD (sdcard0), which is weird. It had no affect to rename the sdcards with total commander.

Is there any way to change the addresses?

Seegaa

Post a new topic