Author Topic: JXD S5300, Root Jailbreak, WiFi Multi-play, Capacitive, Available Now!  (Read 104081 times)

greygreybrown

Re: JXD S5300, Root Jailbreak, WiFi Multi-play, Capacitive, Available Now!
« Reply #300 on: January 18, 2013, 06:02:42 pm »
skelton So, what do you advise me? How to install original firmware? JB or ICS I don't care now...

superduplex Can you give me a link with good file firmware? Where I can download it?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 06:15:57 pm by greygreybrown »

skelton

« Reply #301 on: January 18, 2013, 06:15:58 pm »

The links to the firmware (faster mirrors) are in the clean script thread:

http://boards.dingoonity.org/android-devices/s5300-skelton's-clean_script-(for-ics-and-jb-firmwares)/

To install the firm:

- Power off device and remove Micro SD Card.
- open G-MASS ProductionTool soft included in the firm, connect your JXD with usb cable to computer.
- With the Home Button pressed, power on the JXD, Windows will install a driver and the g-MASS soft will ask you if you want to use device, so click yes.
- Press Start Download and wait till the message Download Complete appears.
- Then you can close the G-MASS soft and remove usb cable. Power on device and new firm will be installed.

In my opinion, ICS is better than JB at the moment. If you want to close the clean script, then take a look to the clean script's thread, and follow the procedure as explained.

Retired

baltik

« Reply #302 on: January 18, 2013, 06:53:34 pm »
.......What source you want and you can PM us. Tell everything you need clearly so that we can talk with JXD.........

willgoo  offered ask JXD...

greygreybrown

« Reply #303 on: January 18, 2013, 07:43:30 pm »
Than you! When I try it I don't remove sd card, don't hold the home button... Now it work)

skelton

« Reply #304 on: January 22, 2013, 02:38:13 pm »

JXD is going to send me a new firmware for JB, I don't have big expectations on it frankly speaking, but I will test it to see if there is any improvement or not. Stay tuned.
Retired

skelton

« Reply #305 on: January 22, 2013, 07:53:26 pm »
Ok, tested new firm and is slow as hell. PSX games runs terribly bad, I didn't notice any improvement. Only change I saw is that
the key2touch interface can be called from the status bar, but definitely now worth to update. ICS is still the best choice.
I don't think we can get the performance of s602 in this device. In fact, I won't do a new cleaner script for this JB firm.

If someone is brave and want to try:

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=212321&uk=4211402111
Retired

Dexidus

JXD S5300, Root Jailbreak, WiFi Multi-play, Capacitive, Available Now!
« Reply #306 on: January 22, 2013, 08:03:26 pm »
Ya, since switching to ICS with your script i wouldn't bother with anything else on this device. Thanks for your hard work man!

skelton

« Reply #307 on: January 22, 2013, 08:14:06 pm »
Ya, since switching to ICS with your script i wouldn't bother with anything else on this device. Thanks for your hard work man!

well, I expected that they improved a little bit performance of device, at least they are trying making new firm every week. XDD
But doesn't seem their attempts are in the good direction. I have the same opinion , I don't use PSX or n64, so for the rest the device is quite enough for me.

Retired

el_andyriego

« Reply #308 on: January 23, 2013, 12:14:30 am »
Mine works great using it as a tablet, fast and very responsive. However, I do use the PSX and N64. The N64 games are OK, but the PSX are really slow as you said, and the device sometimes crashes when playing the PSX. Is there a way to have a decent performance for the PSX, since I bought this gamepad mainly because of PSX? What would be the best option for me to have at least a decent PSX gameplay? I have JB, the firmware and the script from your work.

skelton

« Reply #309 on: January 23, 2013, 07:48:55 am »

Using ePSXe with frameskip option, but don't expect good results. PSX for some reason run awful in this device. Which is strange, since other emus run quite ok.
Retired

rpelkey13

« Reply #310 on: January 24, 2013, 02:45:00 am »
So, I have one of these ordered, but it's currently still in processing because willgoo is out of the white ones. If my main priority is GBA emulators, mainly for pokemon, and using for other tablet stuff, mainly internets, gmail, and chat, will it be enough? I know the screen being capacitive is much better than the 5110 and 602, but I don't know how bad they were to begin with.

el_andyriego

« Reply #311 on: January 25, 2013, 12:01:41 am »
Yes, the NES and SNES work wonderful. With your experience, do you think that in the future this gamepad could run the PSX games better. Or do you think we got no hope and we better give it a try to the JXD S7300.

Using ePSXe with frameskip option, but don't expect good results. PSX for some reason run awful in this device. Which is strange, since other emus run quite ok.

el_andyriego

« Reply #312 on: January 25, 2013, 12:12:37 am »
So, I have one of these ordered, but it's currently still in processing because willgoo is out of the white ones. If my main priority is GBA emulators, mainly for pokemon, and using for other tablet stuff, mainly internets, gmail, and chat, will it be enough? I know the screen being capacitive is much better than the 5110 and 602, but I don't know how bad they were to begin with.

From my experience with the S5300, I think you'll be OK. I installed many applications, and even tweaks to change Android's appearance, and it worked nice, navigating and using it as a tablet. I've just had problems with the PSX games, at first I thought it was because of the apps I installed, but it isn't, since I did a reset of the system, and Skelton confirms it is the device. Also, in games like Mario from the NES, sometimes the responsiveness of the button will take a bit to work (I don't know maybe like a millisecond or less, or something). But, from what I have used this device you'll be fine for what you want to use it. Using it as a tablet the screen and touch is very responsive, and it works very smoothly when working between workspaces, pictures, webpages, and things like that.

rpelkey13

« Reply #313 on: January 25, 2013, 03:23:05 am »
Cool, thanks. I'm really looking forward to some Pokemon ROMS since my DS is out of service. Are there any things for sure that I should install for overall performance/appearance boost?

xromius

« Reply #314 on: January 25, 2013, 02:46:01 pm »
Hi, everyone. Has anyone tried using this device to play android games? For example trial extreem, monster shooter or others with key to touch options? Оr is the performance of this hardware not enough for such tasks?

Dexidus

JXD S5300, Root Jailbreak, WiFi Multi-play, Capacitive, Available Now!
« Reply #315 on: January 25, 2013, 03:26:49 pm »
I play those games on it, they play fine. It's just the heavy 3d games that suck on it. Justice league game plays pretty well on it though and that's a but heavy 3d i think, so it's really hit and miss, trial and error

xromius

« Reply #316 on: January 25, 2013, 03:53:30 pm »
Thanx :) 

el_andyriego

« Reply #317 on: January 25, 2013, 06:27:40 pm »
Cool, thanks. I'm really looking forward to some Pokemon ROMS since my DS is out of service. Are there any things for sure that I should install for overall performance/appearance boost?

If you want an appearance boost, you should install ADW launcher. You can have tweaks and themes that are nice for the look and navigation of the tablet, it is very customizable. I haven't heard of any apps that could boost the performance of the tablet, but you should install the latest firmware in Skelton's thread, and you could also try Skelton's script, which gives you a clean and cool state for the device.

I noticed that viruses are present in some apps, and they do slow down the performance of the tablet, but there's AVG for free, however remember you have 512mb of RAM + 256mb of Virtual Memory to install apps, as many of the apps run in the background. ADW Launcher takes quite a bit of RAM, so if you want an appearance boost you have to take into account how much RAM you will have for the rest of the apps you might want to install. In my experience there weren't any issues with the performance of the emulation even when I had quite a bit of apps running in the background. The only issues I have are with the PSX and a bit with 64, but again, it seems it's a problem with the device or the firmware, I don't know.

Widgets are also a good choice to give a boost to the look of your tablet. And if you want to buy an app you can buy a Google Play Gift Card if you don't want to use your Credit Card to have balance.

superduplex

« Reply #318 on: January 28, 2013, 11:17:34 am »

Superduplex, only using the recovery to install firm is not a good idea, at least to changing from ICS to JB or viceversa.
They use a different bootpack.bin that is not updated only putting the firmware.bin on sdcard.

Probably you are right.
But I did my update form JB to ICS in this way and didn't note any major problems except those that was reported by other users here (wifi sleep policy, sdcard bugs, screen awakening in sleep mode...). So this method still could be used (at least with current versions of firmwares) in case of problems with g+mass production tool.
Anyway in case of future firm update I'll follow your suggestion and see if device works better.

I have re-flashed ICS firmware using g+mass production tool and now can confirm that bugs with sdcard and screen awakening during sleep mode are gone. So as Skelton advised this method of firmware update is preferable than through recovery menu.
However I have some annoying problem with R button. In some emus (I've noticed more on on fpse and n64oid) on keypress its occasionally messing and acting as start/menu/back buttons. I'm not sure is that was happening before or just started now because player was used by my child. But I know that console was dropped on the floor couple times. So that could be a bug in software/hardware support (well known bug with shoulder buttons, probably still not fully fixed in S5300) or just a mechanical damage.
Does anybody experienced any problems like that?

skelton

« Reply #319 on: January 28, 2013, 11:19:13 am »

I never experienced that issue but I must admit that I don't use too much.
Retired

Post a new topic