Author Topic: JXD S5300, Root Jailbreak, WiFi Multi-play, Capacitive, Available Now!  (Read 97985 times)

Gazorninplat

Re: JXD S5300, Root Jailbreak, WiFi Multi-play, Capacitive, Available Now!
« Reply #330 on: March 05, 2013, 05:49:58 pm »
Hi, everyone. Has anyone tried using this device to play android games? For example trial extreem, monster shooter or others with key to touch options? Оr is the performance of this hardware not enough for such tasks?

Samurai Vengence II and MiniMotor Racing are both awesome on this device.  So much more fun with physical controls rather than on-screen touch.  Haven't tried more processor intensive games yet.  I found the problem with Monster Shooter is that it would need two analogue sticks to make it better than on-screen touch.  With only one analogue stick, I found dual stick games were moot.

Awaring341

« Reply #331 on: March 10, 2013, 05:21:31 pm »
Is there a CWM for s5300?

I install ICS rom for EXEQ SET, all good!

Excusme, i bad english

skelton

« Reply #332 on: March 10, 2013, 07:01:31 pm »
Is there a CWM for s5300?

I install ICS rom for EXEQ SET, all good!

Excusme, i bad english

Do you have rom link for EXEQ SET? or did you install s5300 firmware on EXEQ SET?

Unfortunately, no sources for s5300, so no CWM nor custom firmwares at all :(
Retired

Awaring341

« Reply #333 on: March 12, 2013, 01:06:27 pm »
Link for EXEQ SET http://www.exeq.ru/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=122&Itemid=121

Source code and firmware, I have not found anywhere else. By the way I have not worked the rotation sensor (G-Sensor) tried to flash several times. Now I rolled jelly bean and optimizes it (the experience is from a smartphone.) Bad that no recovery ... Are there tools for opening and editing the firmware? (core I and unscientific edit smart, so at least once in their firmware to integrate).
Do you have auto-rotation (G-sensor) works?
And by the way thank you very much from Russia for firmware and script.

Another question, why etc / permissions? there is no setting like in script?

By the way, well I made ​​a copy of the system folder from the root partition, spread it, you can see buid.prop or something. http://rapid.ufanet.ru/5155801

And thanks to Google for translation.

skelton

« Reply #334 on: March 12, 2013, 01:35:03 pm »

Hi, G-sensor works fine in mine, but mine is s5300, not EXEQ, so i suppose that EXEQ SET is not exact clone of s5300. You can try contact EXEQ to see if they candsend you a firmware.

About extracting firmware, no way I found, they use a bin format (firmware.bin), and I haven't found a way to extract it unfortunately.
Retired

Awaring341

« Reply #335 on: March 12, 2013, 01:39:08 pm »
Thank you so much, I wrote to them once I bought the console, a few days ago. Expect them messages, ask firmware source code and content on a flash drive (since I nechayno formatted the memory card). As something new that I find out and accomplish your goal watching the topic.

Bill_Gates

« Reply #336 on: March 12, 2013, 03:08:20 pm »
I don't even try to use the s5300 for gaming. Its just too slow. Works ok as a tablet . Wifi won't stay on or come back on automatically after going into standby.
I'm glad to see that there are some people trying to improve the divice but is it worth it?
:Or should s5300 users just move on to the s7300?
I just got mine 3 weeks ago. Screen already has a horizontal white line of pixels that kinda kills it for me.
 ??? Sigh
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 03:20:55 pm by Bill_Gates »

skelton

« Reply #337 on: March 12, 2013, 03:19:23 pm »
I don't even try to use the s5300 for gaming. Its just too slow. Works ok as a tablet . Wifi won't stay on or come back on automatically.
I'm glad to see that there are some people trying to improve the divice but is it worth it?
:Or should s5300 peeoz just move on to the s7300?

I would just wait for the new s5800 quad core for summer of you are not in a a hurry.
Retired

Bill_Gates

« Reply #338 on: March 12, 2013, 03:25:43 pm »
Awesome. What are your thoughts on that one? Cuz nvidia has shield coming out too... dun dun dun..

skelton

« Reply #339 on: March 12, 2013, 03:42:03 pm »
Awesome. What are your thoughts on that one? Cuz nvidia has shield coming out too... dun dun dun..

Well, there is no much info yet, only that will be quad core and 2 GB Ram. Probably an Allwinner a31 or MTK Qaud core. Specs look great, but software is something JXD must improve, so until it comes out diificult to know.
Retired

Awaring341

« Reply #340 on: March 14, 2013, 12:14:20 pm »
skelton
Incidentally, in the Jelly Bean firmware has an archive folder system by removing it, I realized that, if discharged naytroek branded widgets, settings, programs and data from the programs are gone! And while I have no error was not! Before that always was a mistake I keep on SustemUI dopilivat system content, I think will be useful to infa.
By the way there is a thought how to make custom, but you need the kernel, Is it possible to tear the core of the console?

skelton

« Reply #341 on: March 14, 2013, 12:30:55 pm »
skelton
Incidentally, in the Jelly Bean firmware has an archive folder system by removing it, I realized that, if discharged naytroek branded widgets, settings, programs and data from the programs are gone! And while I have no error was not! Before that always was a mistake I keep on SustemUI dopilivat system content, I think will be useful to infa.
By the way there is a thought how to make custom, but you need the kernel, Is it possible to tear the core of the console?

Not a problem of the kernel, problem is that there are no sources, and no way to extract/repack firmware.bin format, so without that impossible, and JXD don't share sources for this device, so nothing to do.
Retired

tlocsmokes

« Reply #342 on: March 15, 2013, 06:28:33 am »
I just ordered my s5300 a few days ago from willgoo. I can't wait for it to get here.

ondskan56

« Reply #343 on: March 24, 2013, 10:16:42 am »
Hey i want to have a gaming console for emulators like Snes, Gameboy (+advanced), Genesis, arcade games (CPS1,CPS2). That's my main use of game console.
S5300 seems comfortable, not expensive and good for emulators like those.
How are the emulators i've listed on it? Maybe you can suggest other device?
I rather use android system because they are easy to use and there are more emulators.
Thanks!

skelton

« Reply #344 on: March 24, 2013, 11:03:22 am »
Hey i want to have a gaming console for emulators like Snes, Gameboy (+advanced), Genesis, arcade games (CPS1,CPS2). That's my main use of game console.
S5300 seems comfortable, not expensive and good for emulators like those.
How are the emulators i've listed on it? Maybe you can suggest other device?
I rather use android system because they are easy to use and there are more emulators.
Thanks!

Device is not bad for that. But for that emulators I would consider a s602 even better than s5300.
Retired