Author Topic: JXD S5300, Root Jailbreak, WiFi Multi-play, Capacitive, Available Now!  (Read 97985 times)

Dexidus

JXD S5300, Root Jailbreak, WiFi Multi-play, Capacitive, Available Now!
« Reply #315 on: January 25, 2013, 03:26:49 pm »
I play those games on it, they play fine. It's just the heavy 3d games that suck on it. Justice league game plays pretty well on it though and that's a but heavy 3d i think, so it's really hit and miss, trial and error

xromius

Re: JXD S5300, Root Jailbreak, WiFi Multi-play, Capacitive, Available Now!
« Reply #316 on: January 25, 2013, 03:53:30 pm »
Thanx :) 

el_andyriego

« Reply #317 on: January 25, 2013, 06:27:40 pm »
Cool, thanks. I'm really looking forward to some Pokemon ROMS since my DS is out of service. Are there any things for sure that I should install for overall performance/appearance boost?

If you want an appearance boost, you should install ADW launcher. You can have tweaks and themes that are nice for the look and navigation of the tablet, it is very customizable. I haven't heard of any apps that could boost the performance of the tablet, but you should install the latest firmware in Skelton's thread, and you could also try Skelton's script, which gives you a clean and cool state for the device.

I noticed that viruses are present in some apps, and they do slow down the performance of the tablet, but there's AVG for free, however remember you have 512mb of RAM + 256mb of Virtual Memory to install apps, as many of the apps run in the background. ADW Launcher takes quite a bit of RAM, so if you want an appearance boost you have to take into account how much RAM you will have for the rest of the apps you might want to install. In my experience there weren't any issues with the performance of the emulation even when I had quite a bit of apps running in the background. The only issues I have are with the PSX and a bit with 64, but again, it seems it's a problem with the device or the firmware, I don't know.

Widgets are also a good choice to give a boost to the look of your tablet. And if you want to buy an app you can buy a Google Play Gift Card if you don't want to use your Credit Card to have balance.

superduplex

« Reply #318 on: January 28, 2013, 11:17:34 am »

Superduplex, only using the recovery to install firm is not a good idea, at least to changing from ICS to JB or viceversa.
They use a different bootpack.bin that is not updated only putting the firmware.bin on sdcard.

Probably you are right.
But I did my update form JB to ICS in this way and didn't note any major problems except those that was reported by other users here (wifi sleep policy, sdcard bugs, screen awakening in sleep mode...). So this method still could be used (at least with current versions of firmwares) in case of problems with g+mass production tool.
Anyway in case of future firm update I'll follow your suggestion and see if device works better.

I have re-flashed ICS firmware using g+mass production tool and now can confirm that bugs with sdcard and screen awakening during sleep mode are gone. So as Skelton advised this method of firmware update is preferable than through recovery menu.
However I have some annoying problem with R button. In some emus (I've noticed more on on fpse and n64oid) on keypress its occasionally messing and acting as start/menu/back buttons. I'm not sure is that was happening before or just started now because player was used by my child. But I know that console was dropped on the floor couple times. So that could be a bug in software/hardware support (well known bug with shoulder buttons, probably still not fully fixed in S5300) or just a mechanical damage.
Does anybody experienced any problems like that?

skelton

« Reply #319 on: January 28, 2013, 11:19:13 am »

I never experienced that issue but I must admit that I don't use too much.
Retired

Dexidus

« Reply #320 on: January 28, 2013, 11:31:33 am »
I use mine daily, none of those problems have ever happened to me at all... Then again i haven't dropped mine yet (knocks on wood).

I do still have wifi problems, and problems installing games larger than 25mb from the Play store (just says 'downloading' for hours, have to keep rebooting it until finally it actually downloads the game, sometimes it takes hours, sometimes - like in the case of updating Rayman Jungle Run - it has taken nearly a week now and it never seems to work, which is a pain in the ass but whatever)

el_andyriego

« Reply #321 on: January 28, 2013, 11:24:06 pm »
I have had those problems with mine when using the R button, and using the Game Emulator app; I believe the problem would be with any emu. I haven't dropped mine, nor has it taken any damage. The only different thing I have in regards to yours is that I am using Jelly Bean.

Superduplex, only using the recovery to install firm is not a good idea, at least to changing from ICS to JB or viceversa.
They use a different bootpack.bin that is not updated only putting the firmware.bin on sdcard.

Probably you are right.
But I did my update form JB to ICS in this way and didn't note any major problems except those that was reported by other users here (wifi sleep policy, sdcard bugs, screen awakening in sleep mode...). So this method still could be used (at least with current versions of firmwares) in case of problems with g+mass production tool.
Anyway in case of future firm update I'll follow your suggestion and see if device works better.

I have re-flashed ICS firmware using g+mass production tool and now can confirm that bugs with sdcard and screen awakening during sleep mode are gone. So as Skelton advised this method of firmware update is preferable than through recovery menu.
However I have some annoying problem with R button. In some emus (I've noticed more on on fpse and n64oid) on keypress its occasionally messing and acting as start/menu/back buttons. I'm not sure is that was happening before or just started now because player was used by my child. But I know that console was dropped on the floor couple times. So that could be a bug in software/hardware support (well known bug with shoulder buttons, probably still not fully fixed in S5300) or just a mechanical damage.
Does anybody experienced any problems like that?

superduplex

« Reply #322 on: January 29, 2013, 04:36:51 am »
I do still have wifi problems, and problems installing games larger than 25mb from the Play store (just says 'downloading' for hours, have to keep rebooting it until finally it actually downloads the game, sometimes it takes hours, sometimes - like in the case of updating Rayman Jungle Run - it has taken nearly a week now and it never seems to work, which is a pain in the ass but whatever)

I have also had those problems with downloading sometimes. I am not sure if the problem is with wifi or just with apps - google play, google play services, download manager. When it happens I'm just cleaning the cache of download manager (if no success then of the google apps) through the application manager and then its working fine again.
Once it was really strange bug with my console also happened after installing some apps from google. I was trying to run some game and then it started downloading the cache. Suddenly system gave an error and device was not responding. After rebooting system was appearing as I am starting android for the first time and launcher changed all desktops to default. I couldn't run none of my apps (except just couple of them), they was crashing immediately. And most of apps was even missing in drawer, only appear in apps manager. Google play was asking for update (but I had latest version) and then was crashing. I've uninstalled most of apps (including the google play update and services downloaded from market before) but it doesn't help. App installer was not working and I couldn't install nothing new. Reboot also wasn't help. Then I have re-flashed ICS firmware and it was working fine for 1 hour. Then after installing of several known apps from google this happened again. So I've delete all files from sd card except my data files in order to remove some game/app cache or configs. Then reinstalled ICS and now device working alright for one week.
So I think all this problems with downloading and installing of apps from google is just software bug.
And I have noticed real problems with wifi (disconnecting, slow speed/freezing, signal droppping)  only on stock JB.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 05:11:18 am by superduplex »

Dexidus

« Reply #323 on: January 29, 2013, 10:39:19 am »
Holy shit that EXACT thing happened to me last night! All of a sudden everything was gone, android acted like it was being run for the first time, giving me the walk through tutorials and everything. I ended up flashing ics and cleaning it again, and reinstalling everything (only takes like 15 mins because i backed up my apk's not too long ago). Crazy hey, wonder what's up with that!

AlexL

« Reply #324 on: February 06, 2013, 12:14:57 am »
Hi guys, just wondering, is it normal for the d-pad and analogue slider to both map to D-Pad in apps, or is it just an issue with my console? I was hoping to have d-pad mapped to c buttons in N64oid, but this doesn't seem possible when all apps, including keytotouch see them as the same buttons.

sabin1981

« Reply #325 on: February 06, 2013, 04:25:27 am »
It's normal because the analogue stick isn't a true analogue input device, I'm afraid, it's basically a mirrored d-pad.

rpelkey13

« Reply #326 on: February 07, 2013, 06:51:17 am »
A few questions
For those of you who have ordered from willgoo, how long does shipping typically take? I got the 7-15 day shipping, but Singpost has just been saying "Despatched to US" since the 31st.
What's the best GBA emulator? I have no android experience.
What other games would recommend? I'm looking towards the Street Fighter/Tekken that is shown in one of the demos, but other than that and Pokemon emu's, I have no idea what's good/isn't.
Has anyone figured out the battery yet? I've seen posts saying it only lasts about 2-3 hours, but has anyone got the specs? I have a 12000mah battery pack for it and other things since I heard the time is kinda meh.

ncaachamp

« Reply #327 on: March 01, 2013, 06:41:52 am »
Im going bonkers! my s5300 is stuck on game x screen. The third screen when you power it on. With the wifi signal coming off the top. I cannot get the factory reset to work. The reset button on the bottom works but does nothing. 

Have tried to clear data and cashe from game x
Clear ed and restored sd card
Disable game x,  i cant figure out how to remove it.

I know about holding power and up volume to reset but it wont do it. Tried it with it off, on, hooked up to computer.

I can get to safe mode. Any help is appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

foleyjo

« Reply #328 on: March 01, 2013, 01:38:46 pm »
Ncaachamp, have you tried reflashing the fw with the instructions from skeltons clean script thread? The screen you get stuck on isn't gamex loading. It's just the boot animation for the device itself so your issue probably does not have anything to do with GameX. You should see what other apps could be causing the lock up

rpelkey13 - the built in GBA emulator works fine for most games. Battery life is dependant on the apps you use. I got about 5 hours listening to spotify with the screen on while at work. However I get less when watching movies, and with high demanding emulation

ncaachamp

« Reply #329 on: March 04, 2013, 04:06:38 am »
Yes i have the problem is a corrupt file in game x. After my son downloaded a game is said file corrupt then it shutoff.  So i need to figure out how to completely remove game x to see if that solves the problem. Also when i run skeleton script it says remounting system. And just stays there. Am i not waiting long enough or is something. Not workin right?