Author Topic: JXD S5300, Root Jailbreak, WiFi Multi-play, Capacitive, Available Now!  (Read 103990 times)

retrodoodoo (OP)

• * Confirmed Reseller
Good news! The first batch stock of JXD S5300 had been well received. You can place your order for it now!

http://www.willgoo.com/jxd-s5300-retro-console-capacitive-multigaming-rooted-4g-p-308.html

s5300 Skelton's Clean_SCRIPT (for ICS and JB firmwares) is here:

http://boards.dingoonity.org/android-devices/s5300-skelton's-clean_script-(for-ics-and-jb-firmwares)/

An interesting finding from us- JXD S5300 can be linked with JXD S602 to play games:

<a href="https://web.archive.org/web/20190315000518/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUVPPBZpgUc" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUVPPBZpgUc</a>

What do you think of this new device? It is a new device whose features and design combines JXD S5110 and JXD S602- the real capacitive touch screen and with the WiFi-Direct Multi-playing and key mapping, whose features that JXD S5110 do not have. And it owns 5 inches capacitive touch- not sure if it is 5 points as we need to test it, bigger screen than JXD S602 and better touch screen control.

You can compare it with JXD S602 and S5110. We will bring you more details for this device in these coming days.

Here is the general gaming reviewing that we took from JXD:

<a href="https://web.archive.org/web/20190315000518/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_XTWGSH5xE" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_XTWGSH5xE</a>

At a glance on JXD S5300: (information gained from JXD official site. We will test the device once we get the prototpye)

1. Manufactured Root+ USB debugging

2. 5.0 inch(800x480), capactive touch screen

3. All games icon display, display all the games in the manchine and TF card

4. 1GHz CPU+ 512MB DDR3

5. WiFi Direct Flight

6. Vitural Buttons Mapping

7. HDMI Dual Screen Display

Here are pictures taken by Willgoo:- note: the cleaning cloth with Willgoo logo is a small gift for you!

The Testing from Antutu- I am sorry I am so bad at taking photos on it. Hope you guys can see it.

Here are from JXD official site:

« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 02:31:44 am by willgoo »

Deen0X

can you test in any way the battery?

i remember that antutu (or quadrant?) have a battery test, that you may use to give us a general idea about this device.

Dexidus

Bah. I misread and thought it was the 5600. This looks kinda like every other android device out there (plus a cheesy back graphic), including the sped-up video (which probably means it actually emulates slow and crappy). No thanks... At this point might as well wait for the 5600b, that's my plan, now get some in your store for sale and take my money hahaha :)

Deen0X

welll. this is much like a S602, but in 5" and capacitive screen.

i think this device may be interesting. S602 run very well emulation, and probably this new device will work well too. (sadly is a sunplus, and this mean there is no custom roms for it)

skelton

This device is only fine if it's cheap, because it's just a s602 in 5 inch and capacitive screen. Well, includes JB, but this is more or less the same for a device thought to be used for emulation. Also, it uses GP30003 SoC, so no sources and documentation at all. So No sources, no party.
Retired

naxeras

This device is only fine if it's cheap, because it's just a s602 in 5 inch and capacitive screen. Well, includes JB, but this is more or less the same for a device thought to be used for emulation. Also, it uses GP30003 SoC, so no sources and documentation at all. So No sources, no party.

+1

Chex

• Chex Plays Games
Looking good. Is it better than the S5110? Real analog would definitely be a nice touch...
YOU GONNA GET CHEX'D
DS Phat | GenMobile | FC-16 Go | JXD S5110 | JXD S7300 | Retromini

skelton

Looking good. Is it better than the S5110? Real analog would definitely be a nice touch...

In terms of performance should be a bit better, since the GP30003 performs a bit better than the amlogic m3. In terms of developing is clearly behind, because unless JXD ot GeneralPlus release sources (unlikely) there is no way to make a custom rom for the device, or compiling new modules for instance.

Don't think that analog would be true analog, I am almost sure that analog will be the same as D-PAD, since they are just using the v5200 case.
Retired

retrodoodoo (OP)

• * Confirmed Reseller
JXD S5300 is only a devices that combines the features and design from JXD S602 and S5110. It is single core instead of dual core. But the great features- so far as we see from the video is that it runs the big Android games better than other models from JXD- You can see the Street Fighter acted there.

Till now, we still do not receive the prototype. Like we did for other devices, we will install Antutu to test it and show you more technical details here. Stay tuned with us!

@Chex

We can not say S5300 is better than S5110 because these two devices are in different market position. What we need to test is that how well when S5300 emulate the current games. We will test it again once we get this device.

Thanks.

Dexidus

Is it going to use the same button mapping technique as the s5600 by chance? Will all android games be able to be mapped, apparently the s5600's mapping can do that, if this one can as well then it might make a nice gift for sure

retrodoodoo (OP)

• * Confirmed Reseller
Is it going to use the same button mapping technique as the s5600 by chance? Will all android games be able to be mapped, apparently the s5600's mapping can do that, if this one can as well then it might make a nice gift for sure

The button mapping technology is the same as you use on other JXD retro handhelds. Those Android games have d-pad and buttons control can be mapped.

Dexidus

JXD S5300, Root Jailbreak, WiFi Multi-play, Capacitive, Available for Pre-order
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 12:20:37 pm »
JXD S5300 is only a devices that combines the features and design from JXD S602 and S5110. It is single core instead of dual core. But the great features- so far as we see from the video is that it runs the big Android games better than other models from JXD- You can see the Street Fighter acted there.

Too bad the video is so obviously sped up. If it were in real time, it could actually be very slow for all we know. I'm actually tempted to preorder one of these but i think i need to see some real-time video of it. These guys have a tendency to think that people won't notice that the video is running at 2-3x normal speed making the gameplay on screen nice and fast (how it is supposed to be) but in reality it's slow and choppy and not worth the money.

Do you have any other video of it, maybe some first-hand experience with it or is this all that is available?

skelton

Too bad the video is so obviously sped up. If it were in real time, it could actually be very slow for all we know. I'm actually tempted to preorder one of these but i think i need to see some real-time video of it. These guys have a tendency to think that people won't notice that the video is running at 2-3x normal speed making the gameplay on screen nice and fast (how it is supposed to be) but in reality it's slow and choppy and not worth the money.

Do you have any other video of it, maybe some first-hand experience with it or is this all that is available?

In my youtube channel there are some videos of s602.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TVSkelton

s5300 should be the same performance since it's same CPU/GPU. so you can get an idea. In my opinion, these devices are nice for emulation, but not so good for android games, at least the "heavy games", since the PowerVr 531 is not a great performer.
Retired

Dexidus

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 01:44:52 pm »
Awesome, thanks a tun man. I think I'll skip this and wait for the s5600b. The loading time alone on angry birds was horrible enough to warrant not buying this device (ps, who even plays that crap anymore haha).

kamro

Awesome, thanks a tun man. I think I'll skip this and wait for the s5600b. The loading time alone on angry birds was horrible enough to warrant not buying this device (ps, who even plays that crap anymore haha).

Does it mean that devices of this "class" (s5300, ydpg19, etc) cannot properly run that kind of little indie games?

Dexidus

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2012, 11:39:46 am »
No, it means it can't run dark knight and big huge games that well. Indie games should be fine I'd imagine.

Now i'm hearing rumours that the s5600 is being cancelled/put on hold so I might pick one of these ones up

Dexidus

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2012, 11:57:10 am »
Alright, placed my order :) this will do untill the next device comes around, after which it'll make a great gift!

kamro

I'm still looking for any sort of comparison between s5300 and YDPG19, but i can't find anything...
Maybe i should go for JXD, since it's lithium polymer and it comes rooted, but....on the other side, ydpg19 is 1.2ghz  :P

Dexidus

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2012, 12:29:57 pm »
I was debating the yinlips as well, but I've read a bunch of stuff in here about all kinds of workarounds and tricks and button mapping/button combo issues and crap, not worth the headache. I'm new to android handhelds and this is my first, so if it comes rooted and I don't need to dig up my CS degree to get it to work as it should then it's all good haha

Dexidus

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 11:20:16 am »
@Willgoo - JXD on Alibaba (sales rep Willey Lee) just sent me an email telling me these s5300's are now available, any word on when you'll be shipping them out?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 01:40:58 pm by Dexidus »