Author Topic: JXD S192  (Read 174048 times)

bl@ck_m@ge (OP)

JXD S192
« on: September 27, 2015, 01:55:36 pm »
    Let's discuss that thing!

http://www.jxd.hk/game-console/s192/

Some specs:
- 7-inch Retina display with Gorilla Glass 3 (IPS, 1920*1250, 323 ppi)
- NVidia Tegra K1 quad core, 2.0GHz ARM Cortex-A15
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Flash memory 16GB + Micro SD slot (up to 128GB)
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 13MP rear / 5MP front camera
- 10000 mAh Lithium-ion polymer battery[/list]

153stars

Re: JXD S192
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 03:25:42 pm »
Wow I thought they were out of hand held game systems , looks like a game changer pun intended. Maybe the success of this forum pushed a bit. Hope for a competitive pricing. Looks like nice gaming grips. My next system was probably going to be tablet in ipega clamp grip 9023

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 04:12:54 pm »
As with the early iPEGA/GPD units (I forgot where I saw that design before), it's hideous. It will also be a 12'' device (!!), which is God damn beastly.

But at least JXD is coming back. I wonder what they're planning after this abomination.

kristianity77

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 04:23:03 pm »
Finally, one of these devices with a serious amount of firepower!  I'd buy one, price depending.  No point making these devices if the price is sky high as they just wont sell.  If I can grab one for about 150, I'd be seriously tempted.

EDIT:

See the initial price being quote is $299 or nearly 200.  Too much for me.  I'm out!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 04:30:59 pm by kristianity77 »
Gaming Stuff owned:

PSVITA (OLED) with 64GB
PS4

Girl

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 05:01:57 pm »
Wow I thought they were out of hand held game systems

i thought that too, but maybe JXD meant " we are not doing gaming phones anymore "
i'm cheating on my PSPs

MOFO

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 05:26:23 pm »
Whoa!
Amazing specs, if it can stream nVidia Grid games I'm sold.

153stars

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 05:38:16 pm »
I would rather see the stick where the D-pad is, most D-pad games don't use trigger buttons that part looks like it misses the mark in ergonomics. D-pads feel better right above my first finger & stick a bit higher.  Who cares if it is not laid out symmetrical.

URSquadOps

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 01:03:15 am »
Holy Sheep......I was thinking that JXD was just trying to be a cheap/budget kind of gaming consoles, but this.....this is crazy as there are literally no competition at all, I have yet to see an Android Console with like 13mp and 5mp front, decent speakers(woot) and dang 10k Battery is fking out of this world(despite its the main reason it's going to be thick and bulky).

The only thing I see lacking is well, 2GB LPDDR3, but I'm not sure, despite it's this bulky, the specs are just wow so far....I hope it was built with care hopefully.

Well, gotta wait till end of my sem to see it out and wait for reviewers who will Definitely getting a look at it. Wish the price point is decent.

MOFO

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 04:44:20 am »
I hope its not over $200 .It would be out of my price range.
Personally for me I have cut off limit on what I want to spend on this sort of device, just going by the specs alone it might be worth it but if I bought every gaming handheld that came out I'd be broke quick ;)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 04:46:41 am by MOFO »

Melquiades

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 07:27:16 am »
Apparently, it is $300, way too high for a Chinese handheld. Shield portable 2 is around the corner and will have a similar price. Quality-wise, I would expect much more from Nvidia, even though the last two JXD consoles were pretty good in my opinion.

I disagree with the majority of users, I really like the design even though everything comes to how good are the buttons and the dpad/analogs.

But honestly, spec-wise I really don't know what are they thinking with an Android Tegra and this price tag. For Christ sake, put a baytrail, a 1080 screen, release a dual OS console at USD 150 and take my fucking money! I would take TWO! And think most people in this forum would agree with that. It can surely be done and somebody will eventually do it. Why the f**k it is taking so long is beyond me.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 07:34:07 am by Melquiades »

sadgasm

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2015, 07:21:42 pm »
I am glad that JXD uses this specs, this will force the other developpers to do the same. I like the design, it is bulky and not really portable any more, but I prefer using handhelds at home, at family visits and longer travels by train and therefore I prefer grip and feeling over portability.

But I fear that the built quality of the plastic used and the quality of the dpad and analog triggers are not that good like on many of these chinese devices. I hope that they will follow the path of Nvidia not only in specs but also in built quality.

Despite all that I will probably not buy the device. I use my Android Handheld as an emulation handheld for older plattforms and only a few Android games, which all run perfectly with it. Even PSP and Dreamcast are playable (and I do not even play much with these emulators, because the original systems do not have that many interesting games for me) and just for a slightly better performance with these two devices the price is way too much, no matter if JXD S192 or Nvidia Shield Portable 2. I will stick to my Gametab One until Dolphin and/or PS2 emulation is possible on Handhelds.
Handhelds:
Game Boy Classic, Game Boy Advance SP Classic NES Edition + EZ Flash IV, Nintendo DSLite + M4i Gold, PSP 1001, Big Ben Gametab One

Consoles:
Nintendo Super Enterteinment System, Nintendo Wii with Homebrew Channel, Sony Playstation 1, Sony Playstation 2, Sony Playstation 3

MOFO

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 11:38:37 am »
Can't the nVidia K1 handle Dolphin and PS2 emulation?
Sure not all games at full speed yet but I could have sworn I seen some games played on those platforms.

mobyd

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 05:27:16 pm »
Wow I thought they were out of hand held game systems , looks like a game changer pun intended. Maybe the success of this forum pushed a bit. Hope for a competitive pricing. Looks like nice gaming grips. My next system was probably going to be tablet in ipega clamp grip 9023

My 7300b died a few months ago. bought an 8" tablet and the Ipega 9023. Spent weeks trying to get the Ipega working, finally found my tablet said it was rooted but had to unroot and reroot to get the Ipega to work. It is still iffy sometimes. I find I don't just pick it up and start playing like I did with the 7300 due to the whole setup you need to go thru. I have an Intel Atom tablet on the way, will see if that combined with the Ipega is any better.

I do like the Ipega layout and the battery seems to last a long time. Their support sucks and their software is useless. Was also a pain to get it to work with with my computer.

logseman

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2015, 01:29:26 pm »
With JXD's dodgy hardware history, I'm not trusting them with 300 devices.

MOFO

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2015, 07:10:29 am »
If it does cost that much not to many people will be interested considering there are much cheaper options that can almost perform just as good as a K1.
I say almost just because the K1 is a awesome SOC but not $300 awesome.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic