Author Topic: JXD S192 Hardware Problem  (Read 780 times)

usgungormez (OP)

JXD S192 Hardware Problem
« on: November 19, 2016, 12:42:35 pm »
Hi all,

My brother's JXD S192 is now facing wifi problems.

Symptoms:
-WiFi settings screen freezes when turning on wireless.
-Distinct sound problem which sounds like a scramble channel - This is sporadic and coincides with the wireless issue.

I have thus far tried resetting device to factory defaults, to no avail.

Briefly googling I've discovered that a JXD S7800b user encountered a similar problem and rectified by re-soldering a replacement wifi adapter.

Questions:
-For those that faced similar issues - what have you done to fix the problem?
-What is the make/model of the wifi chip within the S192?
-Is it soldered or plugged?

Sincerest Regards,
Hugo.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 11:42:11 am by usgungormez »

halljames

Re: JXD S192 WiFi Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 12:29:04 pm »
I feel his pain.

For some reason, today, I had some real issues switching my JXD S192 on, it would say battery flat, then it would say battery full, but could I hell get it to come on.

Now, I have managed to get it to switch on, and I cannot turn wifi on.  I flick the onscreen switch and nothing happens.  I have also tried to restore the firmware back to stock, and also use Lord Davons Firmware, but nothing seems to work.

With no WiFi, the device is pretty much dead as a dodo.

halljames

Re: JXD S192 WiFi Problem
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 10:49:37 pm »
Did you get anywhere with this Hugo.  I am now thinking it's a hardware issue and contemplating opening it up to have a look inside.

usgungormez (OP)

Re: JXD S192 Hardware Problem
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 11:41:51 am »
Did you get anywhere with this Hugo.  I am now thinking it's a hardware issue and contemplating opening it up to have a look inside.

Hi,

I established contact with JXD support and their suggestion was to simply flash/upgrade the firmware from their website.

I flashed the firmware with 1.4 official JXD and also LordDavon's custom image from these forums to no avail.

I then proceeded to open up the device to inspect hardware.

All chips are soldered onto a single PCB, thus non-replaceable.

Reported back to JXD requesting a replacement.
  • They have not been very helpful or understanding regarding the situation.
  • Agreed to provide me with a replacement motherboard, pending stick availability end of December.
  • The replacement montherboard they offered for a fee is not an Nvidia K1 chipset, but a RK3288

Not satisfied with this outcome, especially only after owning the device for 5 months from new.

Am contemplating purchasing a PS Vita.

JXD - My suggestion is to stay away OR do not invest too much $$$ to mitigate dissatisfaction and financial loss.

LordDavon

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 12:16:51 am »
There have been a number of issues with the NVRAM used in the units, and I've found that some of the issues are the software not reading/writing correctly.  You can see the errors when some of the units are flashing (or failing to flash).  I've not been in contact with JXD about the issues yet, but plan to this week. 

usgungormez (OP)

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 10:00:32 am »
There have been a number of issues with the NVRAM used in the units, and I've found that some of the issues are the software not reading/writing correctly.  You can see the errors when some of the units are flashing (or failing to flash).  I've not been in contact with JXD about the issues yet, but plan to this week.

Thanks for your persistence in the scene LordDavon.

It is quite strange as to why such errors should arise out of the blue though as there has not been any major deviation since the purchase of the device to cause as such.

Please let me know if you receive any updates from JXD.

I found all their responses to be one-liners at best.

scufutz

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 11:03:19 am »
Facing the same wifi problems
First started the wifi and then the Bluetooth
I am guessing that its software related
Becouse mine didn't get any hits or dropped on the flor
The on top setting panel its bugy ! When you click on wifi icon opens the wifi setup,  but when taping the brightness apears the - .... + option
Also mines has 32gb internal memory.  But no 13 megapixel camera ! I am confused ! Its has two cameras or not ?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

scufutz

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 04:26:16 pm »
With an firmware reflash 1.4 no wifi and Bluetooth connection. ..
I am out of ideas! !!
I am looking for an older version of firmware but no luck
And seems that jxd.hk its down ?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Post a new topic
Post a new topic