Author Topic: JXD S192 Orange Light - Wont power on  (Read 748 times)

suave6565 (OP)

JXD S192 Orange Light - Wont power on
« on: December 01, 2016, 03:52:00 am »
Well today I was playing with the S192 after a month or so not playing with it. I downloaded a Bia3 from the play store...it was cool but nothing crazy. Then I noticed my s192 started flickering a bit so I decided to give it a rest. Powered down but then durring power down.. the screen kindve froze in mid stream fading out...so I waited a bit...it didnt go away, then I held the power button for a bit and it finally shut down.. I tried powering up but not I get the orange light...I tried to power it up, it get the orange light and the screen after a bit of waiting...i do get the green light but no screen image... the boarders light up around the screen giving an indication its turning on... I tried several time but nothing...

Can someone help or is my s192 done?? I hardly used it and never ran any updates...

LordDavon

Re: JXD S192 Orange Light - Wont power on
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 04:56:55 am »
Plug it into your USB port and see if a device shows up in Device Manager.  If it does, it is in flash mode.  You could possibly flash a new firmware to it.

suave6565 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 03:27:45 am »
LordDavon,

I tried but I get a USB error when I plug it into the computer..Its seems to be stuck on  flash mode somehow.. I was thinking maybe I either wait till it completely drains or take it apart, unplug the battery and hope that it comes back like the android cell phones.

LordDavon

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 03:40:48 am »
LordDavon,

I tried but I get a USB error when I plug it into the computer..Its seems to be stuck on  flash mode somehow.. I was thinking maybe I either wait till it completely drains or take it apart, unplug the battery and hope that it comes back like the android cell phones.

The flash doesn't have a standard driver, so you'll need to install the nvidia drivers.  Your system will error trying to find a suitable driver for it.  Try the instructions in my firmware's original post to install them, and see if you can bring it back to life that way.  I'm waiting to get my hands on one in this state to see if I can revive it.  I really think it is just an NVRAM error that may be recoverable.

If you have Skype, maybe I will try and walk you through some steps to see if we can bring it back to life.  Not tonight, since the kids are gone and the baby is asleep.  I'm spending time with the wife.

suave6565 (OP)

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 04:05:53 am »
We can do it tomorrow i understand completely.... I have to work anyway tomorrow and need to be up early but as soon as get home , we can try and see if we can do a skype and possibly do a remote session. ill send you quick PM in the after noon...im beat and have to get to bed...by the way where are you located...im in New York...

LordDavon

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 10:19:45 pm »
We can do it tomorrow i understand completely.... I have to work anyway tomorrow and need to be up early but as soon as get home , we can try and see if we can do a skype and possibly do a remote session. ill send you quick PM in the after noon...im beat and have to get to bed...by the way where are you located...im in New York...

I'm in Florida.  My Skype ID is LordDavon also. 

leafar

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 12:28:08 am »
@ Lordavon
i live in lauderhill florida too what part of florida are you from

suave6565 (OP)

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 01:22:40 am »
Lord,

Any possibility we can do this over the weekend? I just been swamped with work and can't get a break on working on this...everything that I do is when everyone goes to sleep..The moment I play around with my games or do anything that makes me happy,  magically there's some house chore that I have to do and it has to be done that moment. I'm pretty sure most of us who are married know what im talking about

LordDavon

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 01:38:12 am »
@ Lordavon
i live in lauderhill florida too what part of florida are you from
I'm in Ocoee, just outside Orlando.  I'm not from Florida, but Iv'e been here for 12 years.

Lord,

Any possibility we can do this over the weekend? I just been swamped with work and can't get a break on working on this...everything that I do is when everyone goes to sleep..The moment I play around with my games or do anything that makes me happy,  magically there's some house chore that I have to do and it has to be done that moment. I'm pretty sure most of us who are married know what im talking about
No problem.  Just hit me up on Skype when you know you'll have time.

suave6565 (OP)

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 05:07:28 pm »
Lord,

ill give you a shout this weekend if that works? At this point my s192 is completely drained. I left it with the orange light on.. I was tempted to open up the unit and disconnect the battery to see if that would reset anything.  the last time i tried to power it own, i connected the power and the light immediately turned orange. So it keeps going to safe mode. I tried plugging it in to my PC and now it does register at with an error message regarding the usb drivers.
I just can't believe that this happened since i really haven't used it..all i did was download a game from the play store played while i was on the porcelain throne. I did noticed that it flickered on the screen which made me just shutdown.. thats where everything went down hill and the unit froze while powering down. hasnt powered on since

LordDavon

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2016, 05:21:38 pm »
Lord,

ill give you a shout this weekend if that works? At this point my s192 is completely drained. I left it with the orange light on.. I was tempted to open up the unit and disconnect the battery to see if that would reset anything.  the last time i tried to power it own, i connected the power and the light immediately turned orange. So it keeps going to safe mode. I tried plugging it in to my PC and now it does register at with an error message regarding the usb drivers.
I just can't believe that this happened since i really haven't used it..all i did was download a game from the play store played while i was on the porcelain throne. I did noticed that it flickered on the screen which made me just shutdown.. thats where everything went down hill and the unit froze while powering down. hasnt powered on since

I should be around.  Just hit me up on Skype.

Post a new topic