Author Topic: jxd 7800c at dx.com  (Read 3555 times)

bnolsen (OP)

jxd 7800c at dx.com
« on: December 31, 2013, 04:56:35 pm »
Just doing my periodic check for restock of the cheap jxd 7800b and found the 7800c now available at full price at dx.com  Not sure how this is different from the 7800b.

A bit rich for my taste at the moment (at 173.53):

http://dx.com/p/jxd-s7800c-7-capacitive-screen-quad-core-android-4-2-smart-handheld-game-console-black-283284

­

Re: jxd 7800c at dx.com
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 05:24:26 pm »
The specs are identical to the JXD S7800B. Seeing as there is no official statement from any other vendor or JXD itself, it's probably just JXD S7800B using a custom firmware, most likely TANworks', rather than an actual hardware improvement.

acid

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 05:46:22 pm »
It's their excuse not to restock the b model for those people who decided to wait for them to have stock instead of cancelling their orders. It's probably just a regular s7800b.

XiTaU

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 05:46:54 pm »
Id assume its just a b they just dont want to honor the rest of the orders so relist as a different product. Either that or JXD ninjad a slightly different revision but instead of now we have 2 clearly different b's thought might as well name it c.

lemmywinks

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 06:11:51 pm »
Yup, they have made their own "different" product to get out of sending the pricing mistake units out.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, Pap KIII-Plus, RS-97, RS-90, New Bittboy, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go,
PC:
HP Envy M6, Acer 522, Dell Mini 9
Psion 5 & 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 07:11:41 pm »
I think we're all in agreement on this one.

LuchadorEMC

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 04:48:54 pm »
Typical DealExtreme. They pull this type of shit all the time. Item out of stock, they force you to cancel your original order, and then they re-stock same item with higher price and new SKU.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 04:58:59 pm by LuchadorEMC »

lemmywinks

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 05:06:18 pm »
To be fair they did ship out quite a lot of orders at the original price which they will probably make a loss on. I think if it wasn't for the greedy people ordering loads of them we all might have got one.

Don't mind taking advantage on a small scale (a mistake is a mistake) but I wouldn't expect them to get more stock in to sell them at such a low price, fair play to them for shipping the initial ones out. Still would have liked a nice ?5 voucher or something to ease the disappointment of not getting mine though, could have bought some interesting tat at least...
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, Pap KIII-Plus, RS-97, RS-90, New Bittboy, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go,
PC:
HP Envy M6, Acer 522, Dell Mini 9
Psion 5 & 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

inf3rno

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 09:45:47 am »
Typical DealExtreme. They pull this type of shit all the time. Item out of stock, they force you to cancel your original order, and then they re-stock same item with higher price and new SKU.

To be fair, I ordered one, and somehow my order was 24 hour before the whole entire world found out about it, and it was up on slickdeals, I just so happened to be browsing dx.com and was like wholy moly. So I was really rooting for myself to get one, but I knew realistically my odds were horseshit. So Everyeone started talking about the rumors, and lots of people starting cancelling there orders, and I just played it cool and took my time, and low and behold, about a few days to a week before the rest of the slickdeals people, the damn tablet shows up at my doorstep . I have alot of high end phones and tablets, but this thing is still to this day my favorite. I have a new KK 4.4.2 rom on it and customized like crazy.

Anyways... moral of the story is.... these companies aren't out to screw you... THey lost money on selling me that item. Others received the same deall. 

However I think that they are not willing to do the same thing again, because it was there pricing fault the first time, so they have the morally honor it.... This time they are thinking if they dont do anything morally wrong, or post an incorrect price they will be safe. 

So they simply change the s7800b models to s7800c models, and charge full price! Would have been easier to just change the price on the s7800b page back up to full price, and then restock the s7800b's.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic