Author Topic: JXD 7800 replacement parts source?  (Read 2522 times)

Joe Sixpack (OP)

JXD 7800 replacement parts source?
« on: March 19, 2014, 03:20:55 am »
Anyone know where I can source replacement joysticks? or at least the pots?

My Oct unit's left joystick is getting really bad, it's had a binding in it since forever, I tried to get fox offer to send me replacements but they stopped returning my emails.

The Y axis registers 0 and 1 fine but in between it jumps around.. so for example if you're walking your charactor jumps around between walking and jogging.

I know Dino direct has touch screen's and maybe some other parts but did'nt see joysticks or pots for sale.

They look smaller then the ones I've seen in PS1,2 xbox controllers.
Does anyone know the pot's range? 5k?

eboskie1

Re: JXD 7800 replacement parts source?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 04:53:08 am »
BUMP... Need replacement joystick as well my left one fell off a while back...

fuse.core

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 09:10:21 pm »
I advise you to check out the resistance with a multimeter, it's really simple.
If you're lucky you could just fix in some playstation analog sticks. (Which I've been thinking of doing, they're so nice...)
I don't know how easy they are to swap, but with the 7300 it looked relatively simple.

death-droid

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 10:41:12 pm »
Well im considering selling off my JXD 7800B for parts if your interested... its all its good for seeing as ive been unable to flash a new firmware to it at all. (Only is able to flash the first 52kb then screws up)
http://sicktechstuff.com - Android gaming tablet reviews, guides and more

Joe Sixpack (OP)

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 11:04:45 pm »
ya I just didn't want to take it apart to check it, was hoping someone already knew.
I don't think it uses the same size pots a PS controller.. at least not the 1 and 2 and xbox 1
the joystick and pots looked smaller from what I've seen.

Eventually what will happen if no one knows is I'll end up taking it apart, investigating parts and putting it in a box while I hunt down, order, and wait for parts to arrive, I was hoping to avoid the "wait".
I do'nt like to leave projects disassembled for to long parts have a tendency to disappear.

Not really sure if the joy stick sand pots have an official name or sizing other then they look like what i've seen in ps1/2/xbox1 controllers just smaller.

Death droid how much? im only interested in joysticks and maybe touch screen.. I don't need the whole unit.
I doubt I could offer you what you would want for the whole thing.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 11:06:19 pm by Joe Sixpack »

freakrocker

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 06:31:49 pm »
wow this thread needs more attention, if dinodirect or willgoo could get those replacements it would be terrific.. i just got mine two days ago, but im aware of its quality and knowing i can get replacements would be great...