Author Topic: Help with custom firmware for jxd s7800b?  (Read 309 times)

twangdy (OP)

Help with custom firmware for jxd s7800b?
« on: November 13, 2016, 12:36:09 AM »
New here, new to android, new to rooting? etc but want a simple guide to custom firmware.

Have been on and off researching jxds7800b for about 2 years now. Had the device for about a year and a bit now, really happy with what it is. Really happy with happy chick etc....

Havent really messed about with the device, would like if it exists improved wifi capability as that is the single thing that I find shocking... only works well when placed next to router

But have seen how smooth the device can be when upgraded in a youtube video, but no tutorial. Is there a firmware that improves the smoothness and speed of the experience as well as improving the wifi capabilities. Would like to use the device for browsing internet and watching youtube and videos as well as keeping happychick on the device. But would also like to download my own emulators that happychick doesnt provide like the amiga etc.

I have only used happychick and downloaded stuff from the google store, and it feels like im not using the device to its potential.

Can anyone point me in the general direction? im aware theres a few firmwares available, but would like something powerful and safe for improved performance...

Thanks in advance

gameblabla

Re: Help with custom firmware for jxd s7800b?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 06:08:23 PM »
I'm not really familiar with JXDs but see this :
http://boards.dingoonity.org/jxd-devices/cwm-recovery-for-jxd-s7800b/
Once you got your recovery flashed, it should be as simple as putting your zipped custom rom on your sd card (or sideloading with ADB or mount it as USB storage), format /system and /data, mount /system and /data and install the custom rom.
(Prove me if i'm wrong but i did this with lots of device and jxds seem to be no different)

As for performance, here are some of my tips.
I'm assuming you want performance at the expense of memory usage and battery.
If you're rooted, install Kernel Adiutor, run it and grant it permission.
Go to CPU and set the "CPU Governor" to "Performance". Check apply on Boot.
Go to GPU. If you can change the clock, do it and set it to the maximum. Check apply on Boot.
Go to I/O Scheduler and set "Read-Ahead" to 4096Kb. Do it for your sdcard as well.
Changing the Scheduler is a more complicated task and depends on how you use your device.
If you have little to no background applications and want to break benchmark, definitively use noop.
If not, Deadline should suffice. Don't forget to check apply on Boot.
Then go to "Entropy" and set both Read and Write to 4096. Again, Check apply on Boot.

In Tools->Build prop Editor, look for hwui.disable_vsync.
If it exists, change its value to true. If not, add it and set its value to true.

There's so much you can do but for now, it should help you boosting your device a bit.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 07:03:58 PM by gameblabla »

Post a new topic