Author Topic: Faulty 7800b Foxoffer aftersales support really sucks!  (Read 3182 times)

warptechno (OP)

Faulty 7800b Foxoffer aftersales support really sucks!
« on: August 21, 2014, 10:35:49 am »
As the title says guys, just need some place to vent my frustration at the really crappy support that Foxoffer give if something goes wrong.  I had heard previous reports that they were not to be trusted if anything goes wrong and it has just been vindicated to me.  My 7800b power socket has packed in and is still well under warranty but have only had one response from Foxoffer in a week asking me to send in a video of the problem - which I have done, but since then nothing, nada.  What can you do if you are sitting in the other side of the world and a company won't stick to their side of the bargain?

Anyone else had any dealings with Foxoffer and any success stories on how to get anywhere with them?  Never buying a JXD device again guys - ?130 for a device that packs in after 8 months.  Awful >:(
7800b
s5110

Raik

Re: Faulty 7800b Foxoffer aftersales support really sucks!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 03:49:54 pm »
Sad to hear your story bro, I had a similar situation with geekbuying, you can read my past posts
thank you for sharing your experience, some may think we're just flaming and hating and should not be done here however I think we all should share our experience to have a heads up and even maybe the seller reads this and changes its way (it may be even internal problems). And believe me they do read this forum... at least when they want to sell and promote devices like geekbuying (bad, bad after-sale support) and willgoo (never dealt with them but all I've read they seem super legit and honest, but it will cost ya :D they aren't the cheapest but do honor the warranty).

I purchased 2 s7800b this weekend from JXD official store, so far they are a little slow took them 3 or 4 days to ship, also chat person told me they used netherlands post to ship but they didn't, they used hong kong post I think, I don't speak chinese, also for 15 USD for shipping I think they could have used DHL... then again I only paid one shipping instead of paying shipping for each so I can't complain that much. Will post my experience with them in a new thread as soon as I get my hands on the couple of s7800b and test them (fingers crossed).
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 03:52:37 pm by Raik »

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 06:08:47 pm »
I feel your pain bro, My 1st 78 was from F.O, A pre-order infact.

Within the first week I noticed a problem with the touch screen.. the left side has a tendency to go "dead" but it's not always the same spot so not sure what the problem is, already checked the cable.

putting it to sleep and waking the unit back up fixes it for a while.

I tried contacting F.O but their communications suck.. I would send a email.. and then wait, wait, wait, I'd have to send them a 2nd email to get them to answer the first, otherwise they would take 1-2 weeks to get back to me.
They also made me go thru song and dance, I posted a you tube video.. actually it was up before they even asked for one.. eventually after about 2 1/2 months they said to send it in, well shipping was gonna be pretty close to 50 dollars.. or about 1/3rd the cost of the unit, with no guarantee I'd get the unit back repaired correct.. or perhaps with more problems then it left.

Confident I could muster a digitizer swap my self I asked them for a replacement touch screen.. I told them I'd have it repaired locally.. this would save both of us time and money.. of course (locally means me  8))
They never responded back, I sent them 3 emails over the next month they just cut me off and stopped responding.

They claim they have a 1yr warranty on the stuff they sell, and they did offer to accept it back.. however being in the US it's cost prohibitive and would have probably been cheaper/easier on both of us if they would have sent me the 20-30 dollar part.

Also I didn't realize untill I got my 2nd unit from DX (pricing mistake) that my back cover is also busted on the F.O unit.. it's missing about half of it's teeth and pops off easily and does not lay 100% flat with the back.. I thought it was just crappy design but I didn't bother F.O about that.. I just wanted a 100% functioning touch screen.

Can probably find my old bitching and moaning threads around here if you go looking.

Also my devices left joy stick is all messed up.. of course technically were still under that 1yr warranty with F.O but Im not even gonna bother emailing the bastards.
I wont ever deal with them again.

on the other hand my DX unit has been solid.. unfortunately it's a T unit.. but I can't complain for the price.
I order flash lights and batteries from DX.. usually don't have any problems although they can be slow.
F.O was unknown to me so that was my 1st and last purchase with them.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 06:11:56 pm by Joe Sixpack »

warptechno (OP)

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 09:43:46 am »
Thanks for the replys guys and the PM Joe.  Good to get experiences with sellers' aftersales support out onto forums like this I reckon.  Not like you have much support in your favor like you would with the other big name sales sites if things go wrong and sellers don't stick to their side of the bargain.  Just to update you - Foxoffer have responded and asked if it is more a problem with the adapter (which I have explained around 8 times to them now that it is where the adapter plugs into in the rear of the unit).  They have offered to explain to me how to send the unit back for a repair so I will wait eagerly for another 7 days for them to respond with how I should go about that.

Not holding out much hope to have my unit back (if at all) this side of Christmas.  Will start looking for alternative replacements I think.   Don't think I would buy another JXD device for obvious reasons, and certainly would warn anyone else who is thinking of dealing with Foxoffer to think about whether it might be better to spend a bit extra for decent customer service.

On a side note, anyone have any opinions on a decent alternative to the 7800?  I like the 7" screen size so not looking to downgrade to smaller screen.  I've looked into the Ipega 9700.  Seems to be similar spec to the 7800?
7800b
s5110

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 01:37:05 pm »
Dunno about alternatives, I think Skelton raves about GPD's
The Ipega looks like pretty much the same thing from hardware standpoint.

It does have a 4ah battery where as the jxd has a 5ah so you'll lose some run time most likely.

I kinda like the shoulder buttons on the Ipega, it's more natural but also probably more cumbersome when not using for gaming.. personally I use my 78 for everything I don't have another tablet.

I probably would not buy the Ipega, one thing that struct me was there does not appear to be hardware "back" button.. or a home button. that's nice about the 78 you have a lot of buttons so you can navigate around even when the task bar is minimized.

Honestly I love the design of the 7800, it has great form.
If only it had a better firmware, and better quality control.. and a few more features (which could probably be added as-is) the 7800 would be about perfect.

better touch screen (not very accurate)
different SoC with a better GPU
better firmware
bluetooth
dual band wifi (probably to much to ask but would be nice.. 2.4ghz wifi is a mess these days).. but either-way fix the range issue on these.. wifi range sucks (firmware or hardware issue?)

Other then that I really don't have much complaints about the 7800, most of it's like the HDMI bug I think are firmware based.

At this stage of the game I'd tell you to wait for your 78 if you can.. but I know that's hard if you have nothing else.
I would probably buy another JXD, but the bar will be much higher next time, things like BT will be mandatory, and I won't pre-order.. I was warned about that and I didn't listen.

I wouldn't mind having one with a cell radio, I usually use my phone on speaker and already carry this thing around like a purse anyway.

Im really hoping some US companies start making these.. even if they're still Chinese mfg'ed but US designed would probably be ok.
The shield was too expensive and I did not care for the form factor, and I agree 7inch screen is nice I can't see going smaller unless you want ultra portable.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 01:39:19 pm by Joe Sixpack »

darklight1138

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 04:10:55 am »
Sending in a video is such a stupid way to show the company a problem. I think they do it because it can be a lot of trouble or people might not have the capability to do so. Pisses me off!
GP2X Wiz
GPH Caanoo
Yinlips YDPG16
JXD S7800b (WebClaw 116.5 ROM)
Sony PSP-3000

warptechno (OP)

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 09:48:07 am »
Just to update, 5 days on and I have received the following to ship back my device (for a repair I think) - dread to think how much it is going to cost me (got to love the excuse that the people dealing with my issue are on vacation :) )  :

Date: 27 August 2014 09:33:16 BST
To:
Subject: Re: Re: Faulty JXD 7800b
Sorry for late reply, recently some colleague of support team is on vacation.

Below is the guide to show how to send it back:
1. Use the Post Office registered/traceable service to ship, and don't use Fedex, UPS, TNT (Post office charge low shipping cost and low customs duty than UPS / FedEx;)
2. Write the item name: "Defective web cam need repair".  Put value USD20 (To avoid customs problem or high customs import taxes in China customs. That we will receive your shipment faster, then solve the problems faster.)
3. Ship back everything in the box; (For repair and replacement, please just ship the pad body back.);
4. Put a paper in box and write your email address, phone number, order number, the reason to return.
5. Pack it very very strong.
6. Normally you will have a  track number  like this format: [  XX 123 456 789 XX ]
7. Email us the track number and even a picture of the shipment after you done it
8. Please don't use "Priority" or "Express" service to return, only use the standard register post service (It only valid for the ones received a faulty product and contacted us in 10 days)
Below is the shipping address, please print a copy and stick it on the parcel surface. (the Chinese Post staff will not understand your hand write English easily)
Receiver: LIAO CAN
Address: 3A, Tower B, Junjing huating Garden, Minzhi Road, Longhua Town, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Post code: 518131
Phone number: 0755 8286 1893 (Please double check the phone number, ensure write it clear and correct)

FoxOffer Support Team #1

Oh well my short lived 7800, it was nice knowing you - until we meet again (maybe).......
7800b
s5110

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 04:20:06 pm »
Keep us posted, and good luck.

Im not sure where you are but im in the US and shipping back to China was gonna cost me right around 50 dollars.

warptechno (OP)

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 09:33:54 am »
I'll let you know how I got on.  I'm in UK so did a mock postal online and it was coming out at around ?20.  Not as bad as I was initially thinking.  Will send it off at the weekend when I have time.  Fingers crossed they send me my old unit back - don't fancy getting landed with a T unit....
7800b
s5110

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 01:51:16 pm »
Hmm what's that translate into US? about 30-35?
still not as bad as here.

Hope you get your old unit back fixed.
Same thing I was worried about for my touch screen issue.. on top of the money I didn't want a T unit back.

Or god for bid they fix your unit but send it back with new problems.

I'll cross my fingers for ya.

Raik

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2014, 10:16:51 pm »
Hmm what's that translate into US? about 30-35?
still not as bad as here.

Hope you get your old unit back fixed.
Same thing I was worried about for my touch screen issue.. on top of the money I didn't want a T unit back.

Or god for bid they fix your unit but send it back with new problems.

I'll cross my fingers for ya.

30 USD for me to ship back from Mexico to China, the second cheapest form, the cheapest will not even get out here (regular postage) and if it does will take months and no tracking number, but government issue parcel will have track number, will take weeks and its somewhat cheap; and I will have to pay for the geekbuying.com FIASCO I had a while ago, they don't bulge so that escalated to paypal deciding the outcome but they need me to send back that piece of shit. Oh, thru DHL is only 315 USD :D

warptechno (OP)

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 01:02:48 pm »

30 USD for me to ship back from Mexico to China,

Just posted my unit back from the U.K.  Cost ?18 tracked which wasn't so bad.  Sucks that we have to cover the cost for a device that isn't even a year old and has packed in already...  Suppose I should just be happy if I get it back in one piece, and this side of the new year...   Oh and I had to send photographic evidence that the package has been posted...
7800b
s5110

Post a new topic
Post a new topic