Author Topic: Can 2 JXD S7800b connect to play co-op games?  (Read 4395 times)

terryliang27 (OP)

Can 2 JXD S7800b connect to play co-op games?
« on: February 19, 2014, 11:55:56 pm »
Hi guys,

I'm totally new here. I just got my S7800B from DinoDirect, so far it's been great. I just wonder if 2 7800B can be connected to each other so that me and my friends can play those old school arcade games together? Thanks so much.

Drem

• Russian Android/Dingo/GCW/gaming gadgets blog
Re: Can 2 JXD S7800b connect to play co-op games?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 04:16:41 am »
Some Android emulators supports online and local wireless multiplayer. RetroArch has online mod in Google Play, in particular.

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 03:43:45 pm »
yes, but most emulators oddly enough do not have netplay.

That .emu's for example have good accuracy but no net play :(

where as the *oid emulators have generally poor accuracy but have net play.
I tested teh *oid's and netplay does infact work on them.

You however MUST use the same version otherwise it runs terrible, and I don't just mean the same listed version I mean the same APK, there are a lot of different APK's (check sums are different) running around with the same labeled version.. likely molested APK's..

A list of them was posted on XDA dev's, Im pretty sure the emulators are defunct (no longer updated) but at least the APK's should be clean.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2129494

It's where I got copies.

terryliang27 (OP)

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 04:24:48 pm »
Thank you guys, seems like there's no *oid emulators for Arcade games? I wanna play games like "Dinosaurs and Cadillac" with my friend.

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 05:20:18 pm »
the .139 romset version of mame4droid has net play, have not tested.

there is also a netplay version of retroarch but again. have not tested.

I do think that particular game had a snes port iirc though.

a lot of the CPS1 games had competent ports to snes.

EDIT: just looked guess there was'nt a port of it, Mame4droid .139 is probably your best bet.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 05:25:17 pm by Joe Sixpack »

Rock27

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 06:41:51 pm »
my ex Yimlips G19 emulators supports two players with other Yimlips consoles, so i suppose that JXD could...in teory..

terryliang27 (OP)

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 07:10:13 pm »

EDIT: just looked guess there was'nt a port of it, Mame4droid .139 is probably your best bet.

I wanna ask another silly question, this netplay thing, does it require 2 players to sit together using whatever to connect or the 2 devices can be connected through internet so as long as both players have wifi access they can play the same game together?

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 11:33:37 pm »

I wanna ask another silly question, this netplay thing, does it require 2 players to sit together using whatever to connect or the 2 devices can be connected through internet so as long as both players have wifi access they can play the same game together?

Best performance will come from over a LAN, Internet will work technically but due to lag and other problems that can happen over the internet it might not work as well.

The *oid emulators appear to send key inputs blindly and solves sync problems by sending save states to the guest device periodically (adj in settings)

Seems to be suitable for lan but might have problems over the internet but technically it should be fine over any IP/TCP network just make sure the host device can get incoming ports, You'll need to port forward on your router otherwise they'll get dropped.