Author Topic: Awaiting the Arrival of My S7800B =)  (Read 8409 times)

Mr.Multiplatform (OP)

• Help Spread the Message
Awaiting the Arrival of My S7800B =)
« on: January 22, 2014, 03:28:58 pm »
Excitement is not the word!

Hey guy's, id first like to say hello and thankyou to everyone here at the dingoonity board, ive surfed this site incognito for a few years, and throughout my time have found it every bit useful as entertaining!

Anyway i digress! :P

its very nice to now be here with an identity, as i feel was my time to contribute myself for all the help over the years, and more importantly, add my experience to the already brewing imagination pool of software/hardware junkies with more inspiration than knowing what to do with :)

FIRST OF ALL :D

I would like to ask all of you about the JXD s7800B, I have ordered mine from DinoDirect, Express Packaging (Too excited to wait the extra free postage times) and cannot explain to you how much im looking forward to putting it through its paces!  as a newcomer to the JXD world, id like to ask you all  about what to expect from this device, and anything i should do immediately to get the most from it ;)

any sort of input will be appreciated and anywhere i can be helpful i will be sure to make so

thank you Dingoonity :)
===My Obscurities===
Letcool N350JP  Custom Defender FW
JXD s7800B 1.6 Webclaws Awesomeness
===============

Kev7112001

• !
Re: Awaiting the Arrival of My S7800B =)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 05:33:50 pm »
choose a custom firmware would be the first thing i would do

foleyjo

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 05:46:57 pm »

No he wants to make sure the touch screen and every button works before doing anything else.
Remember dino-direct won't exchange a faulty device if you have installed a custom f/w (or even if you haven't)

jamesensor

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 05:48:14 pm »
Keep reading this section to learn more about it, like you use to do, knowledge accumulates  :)
PSP 3000 | PSP Go | Ps 2 | Xbox Original | Ireadygo Much i5 | Aurora II | Pipo w2f | Tonsmart Vega S-89h | Lenovo K3 Note | Tronsmart Draco H3 | Raspberry Pi 2

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 06:35:56 pm »
Let us know how you like it when it arrives, if it works great we'll welcome you into the fold as another satisfied jxd owner, if I doesn't we'll write you off as a statistical anormally cause you're on a message board and have a complaint  8)

Bargaintuan

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 07:09:25 pm »
Make sure you check out the threads guide at the top of the board. I'd link you, but I'm on my S7800 right now.  ;)

2DTRON

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 08:17:17 am »
Let us know how you like it when it arrives, if it works great we'll welcome you into the fold as another satisfied jxd owner, if I doesn't we'll write you off as a statistical anormally cause you're on a message board and have a complaint  8)

;D

Absolutely check everything before you tinker.
And buy/hash a new charger!
Enjoy your new toy :D they are a great bit of kit if you get a 100% working one, even I not you will get by.

Keep us posted.
Shoot the core!

Mr.Multiplatform (OP)

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 09:53:20 am »

No he wants to make sure the touch screen and every button works before doing anything else.
Remember dino-direct won't exchange a faulty device if you have installed a custom f/w (or even if you haven't)

aye, well heres my fingers crossed ;)
the quality of the hardware is my only concern at the moment, and also how well it keeps together between china and the uk *fingers crossed*

and one more question aimed at 2DTron, you mentioned the charger there, im guessing from the concerned look  in the exclamation mark there chargers can be of an issue  ???  , no biggy though, a very simple workaround :), may i just ask though is it an issue with the pluf or the micro usb that it uses?

and Joe  i will absolutely positively keep you up to date on the process and opinions on the unit as soon as it arrives ;)
would of done the same with my Letcool n350jp if it didnt constantly dissapoint me on such a scale, and im quite patient! :P

The state so far on the order is in packing process on the third day past ordering, i will take your advice and go have a gander through the topic guide and thankyou very much for taking an interest in my thread ;)
===My Obscurities===
===============

2DTRON

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 06:23:44 pm »
Chargers can be an issue. Some have had no issue but others have. is it worth the risk?
There is no USB charge option. But you can re wire it to charge from USB. Or buy one from eBay. There are a few threads on the matter.

You looking to use it as an all round pad or mainly emulation?

Shoot the core!

Mr.Tea

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 09:05:00 pm »
Definitely get a charger down the road there's numerous folks here with voltage problems using the stock. make sure you buy the correct charger aswell

Also if you're anything like me you'll be wishing for that delivery van every day  ;D

Marmiello

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 11:49:09 am »
Its a little difficult to give advice when I don't know how familiar you are with things.  Get an SD card. Use CPU Tuner. If you are new to emulation don't get into key-mapping straight away.  Avoid PSP games if you don't use the supercharged custom rom.  If you are a total newbie to console gaming like me I would start with a single platform and use Happy Chick.  Experienced users are tending to avoid Happy Chick and are using their preferred emulator.

Mr.Multiplatform (OP)

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 12:11:57 pm »
i can confidently say, over the years ive become quite savvy and aware of most software and how it operates, and i would be lying to you all if i said i wasnt looking to push my device to the best of its potential, ive heard alot about the kitty app not displaying the best platforms for emulation so will be most likely sourcing the emulators from elsewhere, and Definitely not sticking with the stock firmware, and playing psp games on the JXD is one of its best selling points to me, as being one of only a few capabilities of the device.

This supercharged firmware sounds interesting, has anyone had any issues with it bricking the device so far, or any lack of functionality once it has been done? plus are there any extra modules that must be run alongside the firmware to guarantee its smooth running?

and Mr.Tea you dont understand how true that last statement was!, im like a needy dog every morning when the doorbell goes, my girlfriends considering buying me chew toys to keep the anxiousness at bay till it arrives, keep me amused!

===My Obscurities===
===============

Atlantis_Risen

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 06:06:47 pm »
There is no USB charge option.

Are you serious about this?  This is how I charge my S5110.  Dealbreaker for me.

Timber

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 06:52:53 pm »
True story, only way to charge is via an adapter, no USB charging is available which does suck.

Mr.Multiplatform (OP)

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 07:53:21 pm »
I suppose that's where a little bit of half handed home engineering comes in, am I right? ;)
===My Obscurities===
===============

Mr.Multiplatform (OP)

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 02:11:35 pm »

hello guys!

the device arrived this morning, i am at work so ive not had much time to tinker with it, tested out the buttons and downloaded a test emulator (nes/fc) on which i booted mario on happy kitty,  all the buttons work so far and the touch screen is responsive, it did though become inactive for a moment until i locked the screen and unlocked it again
hoping its just a small teething problem, and not the start of some major mouthace eh?

more to report once ive got home and had a play with it :)

also! it has both cameras, not sure wether its stock 1.6 or 1.4 yet, but for less than a hundred quid, with seven day delivery from dinodirect, i feel quite lucky so far :)
===My Obscurities===
===============

Drem

• Russian Android/Dingo/GCW/gaming gadgets blog
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2014, 07:10:24 pm »
it did though become inactive for a moment until i locked the screen and unlocked it again
hoping its just a small teething problem, and not the start of some major mouthace eh?
Check your device's firmware version. These micro-freezes are quite common artefacts of older JXD firmwares, just update to the latest 1.1.4 or one of few custom S7800b firmwares.

Mr.Multiplatform (OP)

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2014, 09:59:47 pm »
Oh I see I believe its on 1.1.4' but I think I will go right ahead and go supercharged, anything I should know before I start? Muchly appreciated :)
===My Obscurities===
===============

Mr.Multiplatform (OP)

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2014, 11:12:42 pm »
OK so just read through the supercharged thread and there's not much straight forward instruction with a lot of people saying its easily bricked and there's things you must install ect ect.. Can anyone give me a simple step by step here to just cleanly update with the device as it is out the box? Don't feel like messing this one up :S ta fellas
===My Obscurities===
===============

Drem

• Russian Android/Dingo/GCW/gaming gadgets blog
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2014, 04:45:48 am »
OK so just read through the supercharged thread and there's not much straight forward instruction with a lot of people saying its easily bricked and there's things you must install ect ect.. Can anyone give me a simple step by step here to just cleanly update with the device as it is out the box? Don't feel like messing this one up :S ta fellas
I think TAN's instruction is pretty much detailed. Of course, something enexpectedly wrong may happen with any device (especially with Chinese gaming handheld) in process of rom flashing, but chances for successful update are considerably greater.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 05:00:47 am by Drem »

Post a new topic