Author Topic: Anyone know where I can get the JXD S192 used even?  (Read 1074 times)

firestonex (OP)

Anyone know where I can get the JXD S192 used even?
« on: February 12, 2017, 10:05:39 am »
I was going to buy this device when it came out, but decided to wait. Then it seemed to be discontinued almost immediately.  I really like the form factor, and my JXD 7800b is having issues, so I thought this would be a good time to get a new device.

If I can't find one anywhere I may be forced to get a gpd xd, which while looking nice, doesn't have the form factor I want, doesn't have as big of a screen, or higher resolution. And I believe the processor is not as powerful

So if anyone can point me to somewhere to buy one, that would be great. Because I can't even find one on ebay.

skelton

Re: Anyone know where I can get the JXD S192 used even?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 11:19:50 am »
Difficult to find one nowadays. Also, lot of jxd s192 have had issues. 
If you like Big screen, probably a shield tablet and a ipega 9023 is the way to go. The gpd win is the best handheld to me anyway yo Play emulators and a lot of Windows games.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 11:21:24 am by skelton »
Retired

firestonex (OP)

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 10:41:58 pm »
I really like the idea of an all in one system, not attaching controls to a tablet.
And the gpd win doesn't appeal to me. If I wanted a portable windows device, I'd use my laptop. It is also only 5.5 inch screen.

I will probably end up getting the gpd xd since it will easily run retro games, which is what I would mostly use it for.
And I have a baby, and want to let her experience my old games when she is older but don't really want to risk her breaking my old game handhelds.

Still the screen size and resolution is what really turns me on to the S192. and the form factor. Because unlike the GPD XD or other devices like the Shield portable, I could easily turn it, and use it to read manga, web browse and other things that I prefer portrait mode for. That's one of the reasons I really like my JXD 7800b... But something is wrong with it and it's not working right anymore.

looks like I will have to wait for a new device to come out. Hopefully something in 2017 or 2018 will look as good as the S192 did
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 10:51:39 pm by firestonex »

mameau

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 03:15:45 am »
I was the same wanted the S192 as it looked good and decided to buy a GPD Q9 PSV (think its the same as the jxd 7800) as the s192 was unavailable.

The first day of using the Q9 PSV , the screen started to fail (image burn in),  to be honest I think the nvidia shield it the best option around for android, expensive but well worth it compared to these and once the screen completly fails on this chinese piece of junk I will be going to get one,  your right the idea of the all in one with out the need for a tablet is awesome which is why i went the Q9 and the hardware it uses is ok but the screens they use in them are junk,  would be good if a new complete screen was available as it would be a great machine...

LordDavon

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 02:44:33 am »
Shield Tablet and iPega i9023 is really the best way to go.  The S192 is nice, but a bit costly.  I've been trying to get my hands on one with the orange light issue, since I think there may be a way to recover.  Honestly, JXD has become very quite lately and their support has really gone downhill.  I just can't recommend it right now.

I had a GPD Win and sold it.  Device gets way too hot, and was really hard to use.  Screen is too small for Windows.  There are many people who do love it though -- and many others who don't.  If there are any doubts, skip it.

drhoemmal

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 07:31:52 pm »
Is there any pc handheld device with a powerful graphic-card?
At the moment I'm using the shield tablet and the ipega gamepad, but its too limited. I want a better hyperspin-handheld solution, but I cant find anything useful in the net.
something like the shield tablet but with more ram and  windowsbased.. but there is nothing like this.. only device I can find is a razor tablet from 2013,  but it seems to sold out and very expensive.
But I cant believe, that there is not such a handheld on the market.

LordDavon

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 07:52:08 pm »
SmackZ should be out in September.  Other than that, I do not know of one.

skelton

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 07:56:49 pm »
A handheld with a powerful graphic card would be expensive and with a poor battery life.
SmachZ and GPDWIN are your choices, but none of them have a "powerful card". GPD WIN is nice with hyperspin or attract mode though.
Retired

Faust

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 11:38:52 pm »
Is there any pc handheld device with a powerful graphic-card?
At the moment I'm using the shield tablet and the ipega gamepad, but its too limited. I want a better hyperspin-handheld solution, but I cant find anything useful in the net.
something like the shield tablet but with more ram and  windowsbased.. but there is nothing like this.. only device I can find is a razor tablet from 2013,  but it seems to sold out and very expensive.
But I cant believe, that there is not such a handheld on the market.

Razer Edge Pro was the only one, and it's still more powerful than the last surface pro 4 maybe even the next surface pro 5, so you cannot expect something better in tablet market.

I own it and it still amazing, but it's not the same category of machine, you can't carry it like you carry the GPD WIN.

Only wait and see if the Smach Z become true, it would be a really capable machine.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 11:44:43 pm by Faust »

DCXPIG

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 11:37:38 pm »
 I'm really considering bidding on this, well, I already did but I've been outbid..  I have a GPD XD and a S192, the S192 came with a stuck pixel and then died a week later..  I've never been able to revive it but I wouldn't go near any JXD device after this experience and cost.  I've had a Matrimax in my hands before and it seemed like a solid device and played everything, ultimately I passed on it for the S192 and i regret every day since. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311807366808?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

siegel17701

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2017, 12:54:53 am »
I'm really considering bidding on this, well, I already did but I've been outbid..  I have a GPD XD and a S192, the S192 came with a stuck pixel and then died a week later..  I've never been able to revive it but I wouldn't go near any JXD device after this experience and cost.  I've had a Matrimax in my hands before and it seemed like a solid device and played everything, ultimately I passed on it for the S192 and i regret every day since. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311807366808?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
I always wanted the matrimax, but that is an impossible device to find. I had a GPD Win but it wasn't my thing. I am not a fan of clamshell layout. Hand cramping is a big problem for me. And I don't need a tiny keyboard to game on. A gamepad with like 10 programmable hot heys would be ideal for me.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2017, 01:32:51 pm »
Skelton, are you still in touch with JXD? What about the JXD S192 RK? Any news?

skelton

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2017, 03:24:22 pm »
Skelton, are you still in touch with JXD? What about the JXD S192 RK? Any news?
I am not. I told them if they could send me a New rk device, because mine didn't work, but they never answered me anymore. so i don't have news about this new model.
Retired

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2017, 03:36:42 pm »
Thanks for reply, skelton. Unhappily, JXD has left a lot to be desired about its devices despite having a lot of potential. I, particularly, loved JXD S192 shape, it promised having too much to offer, but failed by lacking of support. I hope they put at least the last RK chip, the RK 3399, inside the new JXD handheld. It might be a beast for emulation.

skelton

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2017, 04:16:49 pm »
Thanks for reply, skelton. Unhappily, JXD has left a lot to be desired about its devices despite having a lot of potential. I, particularly, loved JXD S192 shape, it promised having too much to offer, but failed by lacking of support. I hope they put at least the last RK chip, the RK 3399, inside the new JXD handheld. It might be a beast for emulation.

As far as I know RK3399 will be only used in tvboxes, there are no boards for tablets. In fact, GPD was going to release and XD2 with RK3399 and they can't at the moment for that reason. (unless they use a tvbox board with is a pain in the ass to adapt it to a tablet). Anyhow, RK3399 is not high end. A better CPU for emulation than k1, but worse GPU, so I wouldn't expect anything extraordinary in RK3399 for gaming. The RK3399 is more or less like snapdargon 650 or Helio x20, Only tegra X1 makes a huge difference over other SoCs in Android.
About s192 form factor, I personally didn't like it. Dpad was a bit shitty, and was very big for me. But I admit I prefer small devices. I never got used to 7 inch devices.
Retired

Post a new topic