Author Topic: [s7800b] So, I have a hair on my screen.  (Read 1670 times)

jaggedaloc (OP)

[s7800b] So, I have a hair on my screen.
« on: April 23, 2014, 11:35:18 pm »
So, I got my new baby yesterday. Even not having tweaked the firmware, I am in love.

Except, this one thing...

There is a small Chinese(?) hair, or maybe just a filament of plastic, on the bottom of the screen. Just over my apostrophe button right now.

Do I bother opening my new toy? Or do I just leave it until I (inevitably) open her up for some other reason?

Joe Sixpack

Re: [s7800b] So, I have a hair on my screen.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 11:57:30 pm »
how annoyed are you? and have you tried shaking it? maybe get the hair off the side where it wont be noticed?

I'd advise not taking it apart because who ever you bought from will use it as an excuse if something is wrong with it.
There was one person who just popped the back center plate off to check a ribbon cable and that was enough.

of course you're not likely to get any service even if you don't take it apart anyway lol

jaggedaloc (OP)

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 12:20:59 am »
and have you tried shaking it?

No. I think Swedish Air Mail probably shook it, though.

And, yeah, I figured the whole purchase was a gamble.  I come out ahead so far.

Daeymon

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 07:05:40 am »
I had the same. Had to open it up and remove the hair as it was driving me crazy.

jaggedaloc (OP)

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 11:49:21 am »
I had the same. Had to open it up and remove the hair as it was driving me crazy.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how hard is it to open and work on? I've read suggestions here saying the casing fails in ugly ways.

Psychonus

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 11:36:21 pm »
You might be able to use an air canister to blow it out of sight. Put it to the screen edge and see if blowing into the screen moves it. Depending on the glue you might be able to raise the screen a bit. I used a strong sewing needle to raise it a few millimeters. Just enough for a piece of dust under mine to be blown out of sight.

Post a new topic