Author Topic: [S7800B] KitKat Custom Firmware (Android 4.4.4)  (Read 151871 times)

lujji (OP)

Re: [S7800B] KitKat Custom Firmware (Android 4.4.4)
« Reply #240 on: February 28, 2015, 05:51:52 pm »
Why do I get app same buttons/icons on two different app pages 'Double buttons/icons" ?
How to get rid of them?
You mean some app icons are displayed on the first and second drawer tab? This is because apex launcher shows all apps on the first tab and the apps you downloaded on the second. If you want to disable the second tab then go to apex settings -> drawer settings -> show secondary tab -> set 'disabled'. Or you can simply install a different launcher.

I have one small issue, which arguably seems to persist across different ROMs, which is the power button issue where it's seemingly impossible to wake the system up once it falls into standby.
This rom has no power button issue. If your device is unstable, then lower cpu frequency. Read the first post.

PPhoenix85

« Reply #241 on: February 28, 2015, 09:26:37 pm »
Installation was quick and easy and everything is working fast thank you :)
One problem though, I know there's no stock mapper and you have to use tincore but I can't seem to unjoin the d-pad and the analog, How do i separate each button? Thanks.

153stars

« Reply #242 on: March 01, 2015, 12:26:28 am »
Why do I get app same buttons/icons on two different app pages 'Double buttons/icons" ?
How to get rid of them?
You mean some app icons are displayed on the first and second drawer tab? This is because apex launcher shows all apps on the first tab and the apps you downloaded on the second. If you want to disable the second tab then go to apex settings -> drawer settings -> show secondary tab -> set 'disabled'. Or you can simply install a different launcher.

I have one small issue, which arguably seems to persist across different ROMs, which is the power button issue where it's seemingly impossible to wake the system up once it falls into standby.
This rom has no power button issue. If your device is unstable, then lower cpu frequency. Read the first post.
OKAY THANKS LUJJI
I hope people understand I wasn't inferring that it was a bug, Apex seems awesome and powerful  to me just new learning curve.

PPhoenix85

« Reply #243 on: March 01, 2015, 04:10:02 pm »
One problem though, I know there's no stock mapper and you have to use tincore but I can't seem to unjoin the d-pad and the analog, How do i separate each button? Thanks.

Any alternatives to tincore or should I use a different firmware?

153stars

« Reply #244 on: March 01, 2015, 08:32:16 pm »

Google tincore look in utube tons of info if you don't get answer

Kommander

« Reply #245 on: March 01, 2015, 11:28:48 pm »
Thanks to Lujji for a fantastic ROM! However I've noticed a strange issue with regards to the maximum processor speed with the overclocked update applied. I have one of the 16gb S7800B's with the RK3188 SOC (I've checked with dmesg to confirm, it's definitely not the T version) however instead of the maximum processor speed being 1.8ghz it's only 1.704ghz?

If Lujji needs someone to test some adjusted update files in order to find the correct settings to get the processor speed up to what it should be - I'm available and willing, just send me a private message and I'll do anything I can to help!

Also my tablet has been stable as a rock at 1704mhz hence why I'd like to get it up to it's maximum if possible.

Also I tried using the 14GB parameters file and it failed on verification (stopped at 3xxxxxxx rather than the 47xxxxxxKb that had actually been uploaded) even after doing repeated EraseIDB's so it would appear that the 14gb partition size is impossible - I'm going to try and create a 13gb parameter file and upload it for those who want to maximise their primary partition size like me. Alternatively - has anyone with the 16GB S7800B managed to get the 14GB parameters file to work? If so, how?
JXD S7800B 16gb - Android 4.4.4 (Lujji's KitKat ROM)
HTC Sensation XE - Android 2.3.4 (Soon to be Viper S 5.1.0 / Android 4.1.2 / Sense 5)
Storage Options Scroll 7" - Android 2.1
MID Pad - Uberoid 12.1 / Android 2.2
Tesco Hudl 2 - Android 4.4.2

PPhoenix85

« Reply #246 on: March 02, 2015, 12:31:41 am »

I've spent hours searching and can't find a straight answer :( I've had this for nearly a week now (bought brand new) and still haven't played one game.

mitcher78

« Reply #247 on: March 02, 2015, 01:20:19 am »
@lujji, did you read my last private message about HDMI? If you need anything, just let me know. For the moment FPS with HDMI plugged are stuck on 30.

Also, I still do not understand how the resolution modes and the zoom option were fixed when changing from stock to your firmware, unless your fixed this in 1.4.

You have all the info in my private message.

Kommander

« Reply #248 on: March 02, 2015, 01:31:20 am »
Also I tried using the 14GB parameters file and it failed on verification (stopped at 3xxxxxxx rather than the 47xxxxxxKb that had actually been uploaded) even after doing repeated EraseIDB's so it would appear that the 14gb partition size is impossible - I'm going to try and create a 13gb parameter file and upload it for those who want to maximise their primary partition size like me. Alternatively - has anyone with the 16GB S7800B managed to get the 14GB parameters file to work? If so, how?

After spending a couple of hours writing a partition calculator in Excel I've worked out why the 14GB parameter file doesn't work - flash memory manufacturers calculate memory size in base 10 (1KB = 1000bytes) Where as computers calculate partition sizes in base 2 (1KB = 1024bytes) - therefore, 16GB = 16,000,000,000 bytes. However when you add all the partition sizes up in the 14GB parameter file and take it away from 16000000000 you get a negative number, meaning that there is insufficient space to create either the end of the system partition OR the internal_sd partition, hence the error and the verification failing part way through. I'm creating a new 13GB and 13.5GB parameter file which I'll upload (And Lujji is more than welcome to include in future uploads) to replace the incorrect 14GB parameter file. I'll also upload the Excel calculator for anyone who wants to calculate their own partition sizes and partition accordingly.

Hope this helps guys!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 02:15:18 am by Kommander »
HTC Sensation XE - Android 2.3.4 (Soon to be Viper S 5.1.0 / Android 4.1.2 / Sense 5)

153stars

« Reply #249 on: March 02, 2015, 01:49:43 am »

I've spent hours searching and can't find a straight answer :( I've had this for nearly a week now (bought brand new) and still haven't played one game.
There are tons of games you should be able to play with native controls ....n64oid has built in keymapper i used for zelda assigned d pad for little yellow buttons " don't know the name of them" In case you did some mistake in tincore you can uninstall it

PPhoenix85

« Reply #250 on: March 02, 2015, 08:41:10 am »
Thanks I got it working great! :) I uninstalled Tincore Mapper & used some different emulators and I've got separate d-pad and analog controls.

lujji (OP)

« Reply #251 on: March 02, 2015, 02:44:50 pm »
I know there's no stock mapper and you have to use tincore but I can't seem to unjoin the d-pad and the analog, How do i separate each button?
This is most likely an issue with a game/emulator you are using. Tincore keymapper does not link analog stick to d-pad (unless you specifically configure it to do so).
I have one of the 16gb S7800B's with the RK3188 SOC (I've checked with dmesg to confirm, it's definitely not the T version) however instead of the maximum processor speed being 1.8ghz it's only 1.704ghz?
It seems that you have a T-model after all. Did you read the markings on the chip?
After spending a couple of hours writing a partition calculator in Excel I've worked out why the 14GB parameter file doesn't work - flash memory manufacturers calculate memory size in base 10 (1KB = 1000bytes)
Good point, that was my first guess as well. Although as far as I remember the sum of all the partitions was around 15300 for the 14GB parameter. I could be wrong so I'll double check that later. I've written a small perl script some time ago to generate parameter files to avoid any errors with calculations.
@lujji, did you read my last private message about HDMI? If you need anything, just let me know. For the moment FPS with HDMI plugged are stuck on 30.
Yes, I have another test build ready. I'll reply to you once I get back from work.

Kommander

« Reply #252 on: March 02, 2015, 03:17:16 pm »

I have one of the 16gb S7800B's with the RK3188 SOC (I've checked with dmesg to confirm, it's definitely not the T version) however instead of the maximum processor speed being 1.8ghz it's only 1.704ghz?
It seems that you have a T-model after all. Did you read the markings on the chip?

I'll open her up and double check. But both Dmesg and the RK checker app (which I'm aware isn't conclusive) both say I have the RK3188 and not the T version. I'll message back again once I've checked

skelton

« Reply #253 on: March 02, 2015, 03:47:04 pm »

I'll open her up and double check. But both Dmesg and the RK checker app (which I'm aware isn't conclusive) both say I have the RK3188 and not the T version. I'll message back again once I've checked

T chips are detected via efuse. RK checker app is pretty useless. Just read the max speed of Mali in dmesg. If it's 446 mhz it's a T chip. But all 7800B manufactured in 2014 and 2015 are T models
Retired

Kommander

« Reply #254 on: March 02, 2015, 05:20:46 pm »

T chips are detected via efuse. RK checker app is pretty useless. Just read the max speed of Mali in dmesg. If it's 446 mhz it's a T chip. But all 7800B manufactured in 2014 and 2015 are T models

You're right, the top speed is listed as 446. Oh well, saves me taking the tablet apart to check. Shame it's not the non-T version - however it's rock solid at 1704mhz which seems from other posts to be quite rare for the T processors so I'll take that as a bonus and count my lucky stars it's not limited by stability to 1.4ghz!

I'll upload the two new parameter files and the calculator once I've tested them fully. Thanks for all your help!

153stars

« Reply #255 on: March 02, 2015, 06:55:39 pm »
Are any of the 16 gb units nonT models

Mouloud2k4

« Reply #256 on: March 03, 2015, 06:01:26 pm »
Hi everyone.
First of all, congratulation and thank you very much lujji for this great firmware.
As a new S7800B (16GB model) user, i gave a try to a few custom firmware and yours really fit my needs perfectly.

Now for the question :

Current Retroarch version from the playstore is the last one i can get physical buttons to work using custom bind.
But for some reason, this one doesn't include the Final Burn alpha core.

For that i can use the nightly builds instead, but currently physical buttons mapping is broken for the JDX S7800B

So i have to stick with the current official version.
Now i can download nightly cores on my PC to manualy add them to retroarch, but that means i have to put them in "/data/data/com.retroarch/cores/" folder.

How do i get access to this folder via USB or FTP ?
It seems i can't access to the internal system partiton at all (the 4GB one).
I think i understood this is a KitKat limitation and that you need to be rooted to bypass it.

Your firmware is rooted right? so what am i missing or need to do to solve my problem ?
I'm fairly new to Android in general, so sorry if this sounds like a noobish question. :)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 06:03:05 pm by Mouloud2k4 »
HTC One M7 GPE - Android 5.0.1
JXD S7800B 16GB - Android 4.4.4 (Lujji's KitKat ROM)

mitcher78

« Reply #257 on: March 04, 2015, 10:37:09 am »
@lujji, private message sent yesterday. No info in the output file... :-(

s7800gr

« Reply #258 on: March 04, 2015, 12:44:07 pm »
The Best Firmware  . Thank you Lujji for your efforts . God bless you man .

hagenderadeon

« Reply #259 on: March 04, 2015, 12:48:20 pm »
I want to thanks luiji for this awesome firm, I am very happy with it since I have installed it.

And thanks to mitcher78 too for his efforts helping luiji to try to fix the HDMI problem, if you can solve it this will be the best and most complete rom for our JXD.