Author Topic: [S7800] How to reroot?  (Read 4806 times)

coolben777 (OP)

[S7800] How to reroot?
« on: November 10, 2013, 04:15:36 pm »
I tried to install superuser instead of supersu because it wouldn't update its binaries correctly and the method for fixing it was too complicated for me. I deleted supersu and superuser wouldn't ask for access for anything and tincore said no root. Is there a way to reroot it?

ploon

Re: [S7800] How to reroot?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 05:27:59 pm »
I posted this in a different thread and it worked for 2 of us so far:

I got TPSparkyRoot from here: http://vondroid.com/threads/pipo-m2-rooting-guide.1004/#.Un_ZZvnxofs .

You need to have ADB usb drivers installed on your pc and have the tablet set to usb debugging in the developers options menu. 

Plug the JXD s7800b into the pc and then it is just as the site says:

1) Download the attached file.
2) Run TPSparkyRoot.bat
3) Follow the on-screen instructions

...And ta-da! This time the binaries will update and all apps that need root will work.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 09:29:16 pm by ploon »

coolben777 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 04:50:35 am »
Where did you download the adb drivers?

ploon

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 01:06:07 pm »
The v1.0.9 firmware has all the drivers included and it is available on the english jxd website: http://www.jxd.hk/download.asp?id=1200&selectclassid=020001

There is a picture of the JXD s7300 on the page but if you scroll down  you will read S7800B_V1.09 and if you scroll down a little further you will see the download button. It takes about an hour to download.

After that you will have to do a google search how to install em etc. "How to install RK3188 drivers" should do the trick. Some people get them installed in minutes. For people like me it can take a couple of days and a lot of swearing and throwing stuff about before I get there :o :'(

coolben777 (OP)

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 02:53:42 pm »
I got the drivers but it didn't work.

When you did it after each reboot did it say the following?

'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable file or batch file.

ploon

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 08:38:09 pm »
The drivers aren't installed. There is a program called moborobo that is sometimes successful at installing them. You can get moborobo here: http://www.moborobo.com/products/moborobo.html

Install it and then plug your tablet in. Make sure it is in USB debug mode and it should install the drivers. If that doesn't work, I am sorry but I can't help you. As I mentioned in a previous post I really struggle to install these drivers myself. If you don't get sorted with moborobo I am afraid Google is going to be your friend.

ichimitch

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 02:22:35 pm »
The drivers are installed on my PC and the S7800B is set to USB debugging but when I run TPSparkyRoot.bat it says "Device not found" :(

Post a new topic