Author Topic: (JXD s5800) Guide to root and install ClockworkMod Recovery  (Read 8946 times)

skelton (OP)

(JXD s5800) Guide to root and install ClockworkMod Recovery
« on: February 13, 2014, 08:20:21 pm »
The 5800 comes supposedly rooted, but the fact is that is not properly done, so re-root is needed:

ROOT DEVICE:

To root the device you just need to use Root Genius application for PC from sjroot. It's a very simple method and you can find a nice tuto explaining it here:

http://androidxda.com/download-root-genius

In case that root genius doesn't detect the device or ask for adb drivers when connecting to PC in usb debugging mode, try with these drivers from pdanet.

https://mega.co.nz/#!M5YRWIpC!U92Dpr6DZWJ9cTTn4Xk3U7tBNZ0EyFvjSvhAjPM6_ew

After rooting device you are ready to install CWM.

INSTALL CWM:

Download recovery from here, and copy to microSD or internal memory as you prefer.

https://mega.co.nz/#!4pJhTBKI!mEXBMuEPx-_y5WTM86mU3ncpdsND1yxuG9_d3o7e3JI

- Download mobileuncle tools from google play store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobileuncle.toolbox

- Grant root permissions to the app as requested, and select install Recovery.

- Select the file you downloaded before: S5800_140117__recovery_140201-131604.img

- Install recovery and that's it. You can select reboot recovery in MTk uncle tools to go to CWM, or just boot device with Volume + button pressed and you'll boot to your new recovery CWM.

Retired

fishwilson

Re: (JXD s5800) Guide to root and install ClockworkMod Recovery
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 10:10:40 pm »
Perfect! Now I'm ready when my 5800 arrives. Thank you Skelton.

Geekbuying

• * Confirmed Reseller
    • GeekBuying
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 04:31:59 am »
The JXD S5800 should come with the recovery directly. after root it, use the mobile uncle app and boot to recovery mode.
iPega PG-9500, iPega PG-9700, JXD S7800B,GPD G7,GPD G5A,MUCH I5 all in stock!

Nikojiro

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 03:28:04 pm »
Does flashing CWM preserve the quickboot mechanism? I really like it on the S5800 (devices boots in less than 5 seconds)?

skelton (OP)

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 03:52:53 pm »
It should I think, because it's just a replacement of recovery. But cannot be sure, because I practically haven't used this device, because my DPAD is completely unusable.
Retired

re

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 04:32:17 pm »
The 5800 comes supposedly rooted, but the fact is that is not properly done, so re-root is needed:
Sorry for reviving this thread, but since I'm getting the S5800 soon myself I was wondering what's wrong with the firmware that comes with the device that skelton mentioned. Doesn't the device work correctly without re-flashing it with another firmware?

skelton (OP)

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 06:12:00 pm »
Sorry for reviving this thread, but since I'm getting the S5800 soon myself I was wondering what's wrong with the firmware that comes with the device that skelton mentioned. Doesn't the device work correctly without re-flashing it with another firmware?

There is nothing wrong with the firmware as far as I remember. This guide is just a method to root and install a custom recovery. There are no custom firmwares for this device.
Retired

re

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 06:33:21 pm »
Thanks for the explanation, skelton. It was just your initial post where it says

comes supposedly rooted, but the fact is that is not properly done, so re-root is needed

that made me think there was something wrong with the original firmware. So my guess is, it is the "root" part that needs improving by re-rooting if I need to be a super-user, right?

skelton (OP)

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 06:45:44 pm »
Thanks for the explanation, skelton. It was just your initial post where it says

comes supposedly rooted, but the fact is that is not properly done, so re-root is needed

that made me think there was something wrong with the original firmware. So my guess is, it is the "root" part that needs improving by re-rooting if I need to be a super-user, right?

Exactly. stock firmware was not properly rooted. No idea if JXD solved it after an update or not, because I only had s5800 for a week.
Retired

re

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2015, 06:54:29 pm »
Alright, thanks skelton. And also thanks in general for all the informative posts you've made around these forums. Very helpful and insightful reading. :)

Post a new topic
Post a new topic