Author Topic: [S7800B] Moving Game Center (Happy Chick) Games to MicroSD? --SOLVED--  (Read 19269 times)

Panquake (OP)

First off, I'd like to apologize if there is already a thread for this, but I couldn't find it anywhere. When I got my device, I didn't have a microSD, so I downloaded all my game center games to the internal storage. Now, I have a microSD and haven't a clue how to move all of the game datas to the microSD. Can I just move the "Xiaoji" folder to the root of the microSD? Sorry if the answer is obvious, but this is my first Android device.

UPDATE:
I found out a way to do this, but it requires you to redownload all of your games, thus losing your save data. Bummer. Nevertheless, this is how you can do it.

1. Put your microSD into your JXD and go to the Game Center. Make sure your JXD is connected to your computer
2. Go to the the game center's settings and change the data location to the root of the SD. It will create a Xiaoji folder on the SD.
3. Open your internal storage on the computer and delete the Xiaoji folder. (On the internal storage, not the SD!!)
4. If you try to launch a game you had downloaded before, it will say "Could not find file", so you have to go one by one and uninstall the ones that you have already downloaded and redownload them. This is the worst part.
5. ? ? ?
6. Get tons of women, money, and guns.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 06:53:59 am by Panquake »
fuk biches get monay

Leonidas

Re: [S7800B] Moving Game Center (Happy Chick) Games to MicroSD? --SOLVED--
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 11:08:36 pm »
FOLDERMOUNT in the Play Store should be able to transfer all game data to SD. Any app at that. Best way I know of for Android devices.

I have a Jxd S7300 and a note 3 so not sure if it works on a Jxd s7800..... Let me know

Panquake (OP)

Re: [S7800B] Moving Game Center (Happy Chick) Games to MicroSD? --SOLVED--
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 11:24:57 pm »
FOLDERMOUNT in the Play Store should be able to transfer all game data to SD. Any app at that. Best way I know of for Android devices.

I have a Jxd S7300 and a note 3 so not sure if it works on a Jxd s7800..... Let me know
I tried to move the data, but when I did, it didn't recognize it and said "file doesn't exist" too.
fuk biches get monay

Agent Randy

2. Go to the the game center's settings and change the data location to the root of the SD. It will create a Xiaoji folder on the SD.

Hello, when I go into the data location settings I am unable to change the directory. Ideas?

Agent Randy

I can't install games over a few hundred mb, says there is not enough room. I'm a total android noob, would appreciate any advice.

Drem

• Russian Android/Dingo/GCW/gaming gadgets blog
Agent Randy, you should try to flash SUPERCHARGED or WebClaw's TMF rom on your S7800b. That should help you. Just don't forget to follow flashing instruction carefully.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 07:17:22 pm by Drem »

Agent Randy

Thanks Drem. I will give it a try.

Agent Randy

I managed to flash it ok, using webclaws.img. I'm still unable install a game like sf4, about 1.2gb. The device also turns itself off frequently when I put it Dow and needs a full reboot to get the screen active. Is this a firmware issue or have I got a faulty device? Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Drem

• Russian Android/Dingo/GCW/gaming gadgets blog
Probably, firmware issue. I can't really tell you, you need to ask WebClaw or other forum members here:
http://boards.dingoonity.org/jxd-devices/s7800b-1-6ghz-(tweaked-vsync-fix)-minimal-rom-wother-fixes-(by-webclaw)/

By the way, this custom firmware was updated today so you may want to update your device as well.

As for big games, my S7800b has 1.1.4 JXD firmware and I'm able to install quite massive game (like Modern Combat 4, which I installed earlier this week) from Google Play without any problem - if there is enough free space in NAND app partition, of course. As you probably know, custom firmwares has their NAND re-partitioned and/or swapped with external SD card, so S7800b with custom firmware has more NAND app space than my unit on JXD firmware. If you running out of space, you may use CIFS Manager or just delete some of apps.

Alas, we can't install more app than NAND of S7800b can store physically :(.

UPD.: Also, try this app or similar:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aw.AppWererabbit
It can help you to clean out some garbage in your device's NAND.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 05:45:51 pm by Drem »

Yasaburou

I just now copied my games from the internal to the SD card, but I didn't delete the Xiaoji folder or anything, I just moved the games in the Roms directory to the new directory chosen on the external SD. It puts the games not in the directory you choose, but in Xiaoji/Roms under that directory. I managed to keep all my saved games in the transfer.

Post a new topic