Author Topic: Upgrade to the GPD WIN?  (Read 1442 times)

nmkd

Re: Upgrade to the GPD WIN?
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 02:23:57 pm »

Also can anyone tell me if the GPD Win is very heavy? like shield portable heavy? lol or is it more along the lines of 3DS XL weight
The Win weights only 300g according to DragonBox.

That's even lighter than the 3DS XL (335g).

KSS1992 (OP)

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 02:31:22 pm »

Also can anyone tell me if the GPD Win is very heavy? like shield portable heavy? lol or is it more along the lines of 3DS XL weight

That and the possibility of playing Rayman 2 Revolution on the go i think has sold me on this device lol

Side note: That makes the GPD XD and GPD Win have the same weight? whoa lol
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 02:35:22 pm by KSS1992 »

nmkd

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 03:28:17 pm »

That and the possibility of playing Rayman 2 Revolution on the go i think has sold me on this device lol

Sorry, actually it's around 360g, a little heavier than the 3DS XL.

KSS1992 (OP)

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2017, 03:31:27 pm »

LOL odd bc alot of sites also list 300g like u said (willgoo, amazon)

nmkd

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2017, 03:32:53 pm »

I know, but someone on Reddit (who owns a Win) said 365.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gpdwin/comments/6bwcae

KSS1992 (OP)

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2017, 03:46:10 pm »

not bad tho, the Shield portable comes in at about 579g lol

Side Note: is the battery life good or at least decent because ive seen reports saying hey its good and others saying its not so good. I know it depends on what you're doing
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 03:54:03 pm by KSS1992 »

nmkd

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2017, 05:01:33 pm »

not bad tho, the Shield portable comes in at about 579g lol

Side Note: is the battery life good or at least decent because ive seen reports saying hey its good and others saying its not so good. I know it depends on what you're doing
I'd say battery life is pretty decent.
I don't have a Win yet but this should be accurate:

Heavy gaming: 3h
Light gaming: 5h
2D gaming: 6-7h
Offline video: 8h

Maniac

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2017, 05:14:06 pm »

Mine weighs in at 376 with MicroSD card & screen protector installed. 1/10 rev z8700.

KSS1992 (OP)

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2017, 06:42:02 pm »

Mine weighs in at 376 with MicroSD card & screen protector installed. 1/10 rev z8700.

Nice! yeah I eventually wanna get one of these devices. The minute I saw the youtube vid of the guy playing Halo....HALO ON A HANDHELD....I was swooned

nmkd

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2017, 06:43:02 pm »

Nice! yeah I eventually wanna get one of these devices. The minute I saw the youtube vid of the guy playing Halo....HALO ON A HANDHELD....I was swooned
Haha yeah, I can't wait to get my Win.

So many amazing games on the go.
Or in bed.

KSS1992 (OP)

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2017, 07:07:08 pm »

Or in bed.

I know right! However I do think I would like to try if I get one the l3/r3 sticks mod that allows for clickable sticks.  A few ppl have successfully done this

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2017, 09:00:48 pm »

Or in bed.

I know right! However I do think I would like to try if I get one the l3/r3 sticks mod that allows for clickable sticks.  A few ppl have successfully done this

The problem is the L3 R3 hack is very much a hack... and requires serious modification to your joysticks that will probably render them broken sooner rather than later... basically allowing them to slide up and down in thier PCB mounts... it just isn't a good solution. A work around I might consider is drilling a small hole in the case and putting tall pushbutton through the case on the back where your index finger could hit it. Leaving the joysticks unharmed. I also don't like damaging the L3 / R3 buttons there has to be a way around that.

KSS1992 (OP)

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2017, 09:05:42 pm »

Or in bed.

The problem is the L3 R3 hack is very much a hack... and requires serious modification to your joysticks that will probably render them broken sooner rather than later... basically allowing them to slide up and down in thier PCB mounts... it just isn't a good solution. A work around I might consider is drilling a small hole in the case and putting tall pushbutton through the case on the back where your index finger could hit it. Leaving the joysticks unharmed. I also don't like damaging the L3 / R3 buttons there has to be a way around that.

Ok yeah thats true better to leave it be I guess. Can anyone tell me if theres any worthwhile differences betw the z8700 and z8750. I might be able to get the z8700 for a good deal but cant seem to get clear info

Is the 8750 alot more powerful/better screen

nmkd

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2017, 09:12:22 pm »

Or in bed.

Ok yeah thats true better to leave it be I guess. Can anyone tell me if theres any worthwhile differences betw the z8700 and z8750. I might be able to get the z8700 for a good deal but cant seem to get clear info

Same screen.

Around 5% better performance.

KSS1992 (OP)

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2017, 09:30:08 pm »

Or in bed.

Same screen.

Around 5% better performance.

Is that bad big of an increase or would z8700 be sufficient

Post a new topic
Post a new topic