Author Topic: List of games that runs great on GPD Win  (Read 18568 times)

exorio (OP)

List of games that runs great on GPD Win
« on: December 25, 2016, 10:59:55 am »
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qmqUu2_RNmXOivihTxoFqpGzm1I_Tnv3kySYAHhukGw/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to edit and share so the list will grow and everyone can look at it to see if their games can run great on this.

There's no AAA games yet, because I'm not intending to use my GPD win for AAA games.

But if you do tested and actually play AAA games on the GPD and it runs great on it, just add it to the list.

eragon2890

• e
Re: List of games that runs great on GPD Win
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 11:14:44 am »
I just added 11 games to the list that work great on mine including some AAA titles :D

exorio (OP)

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 11:28:16 am »
Awesome man!

I intend to buy DMC series now that steam is on Holiday sale event anyway. Thanks!!!

Kilrah

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 09:05:53 pm »
Just added Half Life 1. Too cool to play that again on the train!

Stouffa

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 09:11:49 pm »
Just added Half Life 1. Too cool to play that again on the train!
Runs great, but you'll need to set a higher resolution in the launch parameters initially for it to work well?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Kilrah

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2016, 09:29:35 pm »
Oh yes, had already forgotten about that. Added in the comment.

Smoker1

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 07:48:41 am »
Been waiting for a List like this. Added a few Games I got.

Anyone find a Fix for BlueStacks with the Rotation Settings? They seem to be Reversed. Apparently it does this on Windows Tablet Devices as well. Rotation Control App for Android wont work either. Makes it worse
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 08:00:55 am by Smoker1 »

exorio (OP)

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2016, 03:35:13 pm »
IMHO you might as well dual boot to Android x86

I installed it on my N10J, and never been so happy that I can actually utilize a very old netbook.

But if you wanted an android anyway, why not just get Shield instead?

eragon2890

• e
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2016, 05:53:41 pm »
IMHO you might as well dual boot to Android x86

I installed it on my N10J, and never been so happy that I can actually utilize a very old netbook.

But if you wanted an android anyway, why not just get Shield instead?

Or a gpd xd... much much much much cheaper then buying a second hand sheild, and it's new, newer hardware (opengl 3.0) and more portable...

but yeah I don't get the attraction of emulating android on the WIN instead of just buying a XD or Q9 to go with it :-/

eragon2890

• e
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2016, 10:46:25 am »
Just added age of empires 2 HD to the list - I played together over LAN for just over 2.5 hours yesterday with a friend he on his laptop me on win, it works great. :D

Absolutely no lag , although with ~150 units on screen at same time all fighting it seems to go from 60 to 30 fps for a brief period. (it was in 720p and all graphical adjustmens such as AA on shadows and 3d water were on/maxed out).

Absolutely perfect. It's even playable with the built in analog as a mouse, albeit I preferedd a wireless usb one. Keyboard was fine for making groups and such. GREAT!

eragon2890

• e
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2017, 09:44:02 am »
Added kega fusion, a sega cd emulator. I played the entirety of snatcher on it (~10 hours), GREAAAATT game, runs great. Now playing road avenger and silpheed, both run great too.

Set it to win 7 compatability mode or fullscreen will not work with a 3d error message. in win 7 mode it works perfectly.

It also emulates sms, md, 32x etc. but I think sega cd is most noteworthy since that's not on android... :)

skelton

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2017, 10:01:25 am »
Added kega fusion, a sega cd emulator. I played the entirety of snatcher on it (~10 hours), GREAAAATT game, runs great. Now playing road avenger and silpheed, both run great too.

Set it to win 7 compatability mode or fullscreen will not work with a 3d error message. in win 7 mode it works perfectly.

It also emulates sms, md, 32x etc. but I think sega cd is most noteworthy since that's not on android... :)

Sega CD runs on android. Just use Génesis plus gx from retroarch and works great in Android.
Retired

eragon2890

• e
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2017, 11:35:34 am »

Sega CD runs on android. Just use Génesis plus gx from retroarch and works great in Android.

Thanks for the tip! I paid for md.emu, the only emulator in the play store that saysit has support for it, only to find the first game I tried (silpheed) to just stop working with a black screen at random times. Every minute or so.

Time to put retroarch back on my Q9 then... I try to keep all the emulation on there, and jsut the native windows games on the win.

Still, I guess it doesn't hurt to have it added to the list. :D

nmkd

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2017, 08:19:34 pm »
Is it OK if I copy some of these games to the list on the GPD Win Wiki? (gpdwin.wikia.com)

I will link the list.

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2017, 11:52:10 pm »
Has anyone besides me tried 'Redneck Rampage' yet? It doesnt seem to recognize the WINs gamepad, and I've tried both xinput and dinput profiles through Xpadder. 'Blood', another Build-engine DOS game, works perfectly with the pad, but not RR for some reason.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 11:56:28 pm by youngswagkushlord420 »

Post a new topic
Post a new topic