Author Topic: List of games that runs great on GPD Win  (Read 14330 times)

Chawarma79

Re: List of games that runs great on GPD Win
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2017, 01:40:15 pm »
Hello everyone !
I just added Invisible Inc., Hunie Pop and Ittle Dew 1. All three from Steam, all three gold or platinum. Later, i'll try FTL. It should work
Invisible Inc. is a tactical infiltration game, with grid, movement points and action points. 60 FPS on low settings.
Hunie Pop is a Match 3/sexy dating sim. Platinum and great to play with a stylus.
Ittle Dew is a funny ARPG, very zelda-like. Ittle dew 2 was in the list but not this one. Platinum.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 02:02:40 pm by Chawarma79 »

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2017, 07:10:41 am »
Honestly Skyrim runs great... with the old driver it would crash a lot. But with the beta drivers it runs very well 30-40fps most everywhere if you reduce the resolution to 960x540 I even have about 20 mods installed.

Other things, I do have an fps boost mod installed but haven't tested without it, I have the skyrim optimization mod installed (does some extra occlusion so the GPU works less), I reduced the shadow map size to 512, and reduced the grass draw distance and halfed the number of fully rendered trees... you may not need to do this. But I'm just mentioning it because that is how mine is working... and are the things I did to try and get it working with the stock driver. The Beta driver works great though where the stock driver had trouble getting above 25fps. I don't even need to use HiAlgo Switch etc....

ker

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2017, 09:08:14 am »
Home. Solid 30FPS

Enviado desde mi A0001 mediante Tapatalk

ker

« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2017, 09:40:55 am »
Human resource machine. Solid 60FPS

Enviado desde mi A0001 mediante Tapatalk

ldaneels

« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2017, 02:21:05 pm »
Glorious times! I have finally received my GPD Win & have started to put it through its paces & have been thoroughly impressed by the results. So far here is what I tested:
- Half Life 2 + Ep 1 + Ep2 + Cinematic Mod - Fully playable
- Portal 2 - Fully playable
- Mirror's Edge - Fully playable
- Alice - Madness Returns - Fully playable
- PPSSPP - Fully playable with any game I tried
- UOYabause & Mednafen (Saturn) - Fully playable
- Demul / NullDC / Reicast - Not quite playable.
- Chuck's Challenge 3D - Fully playable (obviously)
I was also realtively impressed with the streaming engine, but I would need to play some more with it to see how playable it is in the long run.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 02:25:32 pm by ldaneels »

Faust

« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2017, 04:32:24 pm »
Glorious times! I have finally received my GPD Win & have started to put it through its paces & have been thoroughly impressed by the results. So far here is what I tested:
- Half Life 2 + Ep 1 + Ep2 + Cinematic Mod - Fully playable
- Portal 2 - Fully playable
- Mirror's Edge - Fully playable
- Alice - Madness Returns - Fully playable
- PPSSPP - Fully playable with any game I tried
- UOYabause & Mednafen (Saturn) - Fully playable
- Demul / NullDC / Reicast - Not quite playable.
- Chuck's Challenge 3D - Fully playable (obviously)
I was also realtively impressed with the streaming engine, but I would need to play some more with it to see how playable it is in the long run.
For dreamcast emulator try Nulldc, it works better.

Envoyé de mon 6039Y en utilisant Tapatalk

skelton

« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2017, 04:48:02 pm »
uoyabause and Mednafen Saturn fully playable? Last time I tried worked like crap. SSF is the only that run fullspeed.
PPSSPP there are some games which are not fullspeed either.
For DC, NullDC is the only good choice for GPD WIN as Faust says.
Retired

ldaneels

« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2017, 05:16:27 pm »
Well, emulation is never perfect on newish systems (anyone pretending otherwise is trying to hide something...), but for the games I tried it ran perfectly without any issues & at full speed. Of course mileage will vary depending on the games.
Weirdly enough, NullDC did not give me satisfying results (I tried Rez & Skies of Arcadia), but then again I did not optimize my GPD as of yet. Maybe I'll give it another shot later.
Right now I'm going through Half Life 2 again (for the umpteenth time). It has been a longtime dream of mine to play them in handheld form. And with the Cinematic Mod, the results are just awesome.

skelton

« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2017, 05:20:38 pm »
Which Saturn games did you test it? Because I tried cotton 2 which is one of the less demanding titles for Saturn, and it's not even fullspeed, only fullspeed on SSF, but not on uoyabause or mednafen.

For NULLDC, use latest version, I put a link somewhere in the forum and you could have good results. I have played the games you mention and both run fine.
Retired

ldaneels

« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2017, 11:50:44 am »
Hm, seriously I'm losing my mind:
- I could run Panzer Dragoon & Dragon Froce just fine yesterday & I can't get them to run fine today. I'm seriously questioning my sanity at this point.
- I used to be able to run NullDC just fine (although the games I tried ran too slow for my taste) and now, for some reason I can't even get the controls to work. Even better, when trying to change the settings, NullDC crashes.
Any idea what is going on or did I effectively lose my mind?

nmkd

« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2017, 11:54:55 am »
Well, emulation is never perfect on newish systems (anyone pretending otherwise is trying to hide something...), but for the games I tried it ran perfectly without any issues & at full speed. Of course mileage will vary depending on the games.
Weirdly enough, NullDC did not give me satisfying results (I tried Rez & Skies of Arcadia), but then again I did not optimize my GPD as of yet. Maybe I'll give it another shot later.
Right now I'm going through Half Life 2 again (for the umpteenth time). It has been a longtime dream of mine to play them in handheld form. And with the Cinematic Mod, the results are just awesome.
I didn't expect it to run that well on the GPD Win with cinematic mod!

ldaneels

« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2017, 12:03:29 pm »
Oh yeah, it's pretty much perfect. I am up to the second train zone (shooting the combines after jumping on top of the train) & am running at mostly full speed. The funny thing is the cinematic mod warns you that it can't install because it needs more memory (GPU RAM I would assume), but it plays just fine. I use no AA or filtering, but the rest is pretty much at high.

nmkd

« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2017, 12:37:57 pm »
Oh yeah, it's pretty much perfect. I am up to the second train zone (shooting the combines after jumping on top of the train) & am running at mostly full speed. The funny thing is the cinematic mod warns you that it can't install because it needs more memory (GPU RAM I would assume), but it plays just fine. I use no AA or filtering, but the rest is pretty much at high.
Well, you don't need AA on that screen.

If you mean Anisotropic Filtering, you can turn that all the way up, it doesn't impact performance at all.

ldaneels

« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2017, 05:41:31 pm »
Hmm, Mass Effect working great. I think Half Life 2 might get some competition. Anyone tried Mass Effect 2 & 3. I guess Mass Effect 2 would run just fine, but what about Mass Effect 3? Can it be run decently?

KSS1992

« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2017, 07:12:27 pm »
Anyone here have first hand experience with Resident Evil Remastered HD? I saw it says it runs Bronze but one video i saw it was slow another working great. I think its a mod to make it 720P that makes it run normal right