Author Topic: If anyone with an early win still has driver crashes, this is the fix (1 click)  (Read 585 times)

eragon2890 (OP)

• e
Install the intel driver upgrade utility, and let it install the latest stable driver it will find from march of this year. ( I believe it's march, but the default one it suggests anyway)

After I did this and rebooted, all the crashes were gone.

The driver my win came with came from early 2015, and on intel's site it says the exact error we all get ("stopped working and recovered") was a common problem fixed in all drivers released after april 2016: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000022448.html

That was the whole fix. For some reason, there was no stable release for the 8700 platform between april 2016 and march 2017, only two beta drivers. Those probably included the fix, but obviously GPD (or any other company) is not going to install beta drivers on end-user hardware by default.

Why intel waited 11 months with fixing this bug for the 8700? god knows. Does explain why users of totally different devices with the same soc report the same problem, though.

But it works. Follow the instructions there and the hangs should be gone.

Maniac

Except the beta drivers didn't work for my Win that was having issues :) it was in fact a hardware issue.

eragon2890 (OP)

• e
Except the beta drivers didn't work for my Win that was having issues :) it was in fact a hardware issue.

I am not sure they would work i only assume so because they are newer then april 2016.
I installed the stable driver from march this year and they are gone.

I also heard from someone on youtube the same thing happened for him too.

But i am talking about the simple driver crashes here where the screen comes back on and the game usually resumes (with some crashijng to desktop instead) - i dont think this will fix the few wins that shut off and the like. I dont know whast your exact problem was :(

Maniac

Mine had the symptoms you gave, but I'm glad it fixed it for you!

eragon2890 (OP)

• e
Mine had the symptoms you gave, but I'm glad it fixed it for you!

Hm, well if you still have it, try installing the intel update utility and let it install the stable driver it suggests from march 2017, I would be seriously surprised if it wouldn;t fix it. It did for me, and I got the tip from someone else...

it could well be that those old beta drivers somehow did not include the fix, although they should.. and it's also what intel recommends for this exact error/problem (it's not limited to the WIN).

can't hurt to try~

Maniac

Nope, they sent me a fixed Win. I am using the March drivers already though, thanks!

eragon2890 (OP)

• e
Nope, they sent me a fixed Win. I am using the March drivers already though, thanks!

Ah okay, good to hear. :D Does make me wonder though if the fix entailed more then sending one with the correct driver package..

anyway good to hear it works now. If you need a great game to play, try doom 3 BFG edition! I am 9 hours in now and it's just perfect on the WIN~

Post a new topic
Post a new topic