Author Topic: GPD WIN on INDIEGOGO  (Read 579050 times)

Pintek

Re: GPD WIN on INDIEGOGO
« Reply #6570 on: January 03, 2017, 05:15:35 pm »
those heatsink mods honestly seam pants on head *censored* the shim method without exposing more of the sensitive electronics to the elements still seams like the best method if anything someone who knows thermodynamics/areodynamics could redesign the heatsink an make a bolt on solution if one with those skills were actually present with one of our units.

Yes our units get warm during gaming but least its not like our phones when doing 3D gaming!

Been playing the armored core portable series on my win without a issue just set 2 frame skipping an set to auto so it runs smoothly almost the entire time at full speed unless theirs a boat load of missles then the frame skip kicks in

jimjonjimmy

« Reply #6571 on: January 06, 2017, 03:23:03 pm »
My GPD Win seems to have an issue. First the keyboard stopped working and now the whole thing will not turn on. When I plug it in the light turns blue with a pulsing pink or red. When I unplug it the light stays blue with nothing on the screen then the light turns off.

vcoleiro1

« Reply #6572 on: January 11, 2017, 08:53:18 am »
Does anyone ever use the L3 and R3 keys on the GPD WIN?

I find them unusable in the positions they are in

glops

« Reply #6573 on: January 13, 2017, 10:05:27 am »
Hi,
Someone on a forum is selling his GPD Win for a reasonable price. He claims it works well but he ordered it via Indiegogo.

It seems that the Indiegogo version is plagued by issues (439 pages here). Are these issues shared by ALL devices? What should I ask or check before I buy?

Thanks. I'd love to play indie games on this thing.

CampGareth

« Reply #6574 on: January 13, 2017, 10:51:18 am »
Hi,
Someone on a forum is selling his GPD Win for a reasonable price. He claims it works well but he ordered it via Indiegogo.

It seems that the Indiegogo version is plagued by issues (439 pages here). Are these issues shared by ALL devices? What should I ask or check before I buy?

Thanks. I'd love to play indie games on this thing.

All versions may have issues, the early models (the ones that shipped to chinese backers) are the ones with the most issues. It's worth compiling a list of problems and asking the seller to test for them, things like display driver crashes under heavy load (hardware problem, not enough power to the CPU/GPU) and a keyboard not working.

glops

« Reply #6575 on: January 13, 2017, 06:15:39 pm »
Thanks! If i buy the thing, i'll ask these questions.

vcoleiro1

« Reply #6576 on: February 22, 2017, 09:30:31 pm »
So I noticed in the comments section for the video on the Pocket GPD put up on Youtube, that GPD said Ubuntu and drivers will be released for the GPD WIN when the Pocket releases or shortly after.

Good news.

vcoleiro1

« Reply #6577 on: April 17, 2017, 12:27:45 am »
I noticed this guy managed to replace the memory in the WIN with a new total of 8G memory

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/5074766679

Berryal

« Reply #6578 on: May 19, 2017, 01:44:12 pm »
Does anyone ever use the L3 and R3 keys on the GPD WIN?

I find them unusable in the positions they are in
I never do. I think it even makes sense to rebind them to the keyboard if you can, they're in such a weird position they're borderline pointless. I find it acceptable to use keys like the number keys, f, etc. whilst playing guild wars 2 but would never even consider using the L3/R3.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Post a new topic
Post a new topic