Author Topic: GPD Win 2 features and suggestions to improve everything  (Read 33415 times)

Re: GPD Win 2 features and suggestions to improve everything
« Reply #570 on: April 19, 2017, 10:09:36 pm »

This is the layout of the buttons

F1 to F12 independence, avoid a key copy three key value (complex)

in  the keyboard  C area, cancel the mouse button around, because L1 R1 is the main way of mouse button around, I don't want a presumptuous guest usurps the host's role

Increased the L3 button in C area, if the operation left a handle need to press the L3 key at the same time, increase the L3 panel, more convenient right hand press L3 rocker operation with his left hand
I loved it. I think this the way that should be. Clickable sticks look a bit hard to handle.

koblongata

« Reply #571 on: April 20, 2017, 12:46:49 am »
The body could be rounder, it's not that comfortable to hold at the moment, the side lines on the left & right of the bottom case are really unnecessary, though if does make the body appear to be a little bit smaller, but I am all for comfort.

Also the little "feet" the 4 dots at the button should be replaced with something else too, it's very uncomfortable to hold with those dots underneath, I find myself constantly avoiding those dots.

firmer shoulder buttons

Non-shiny top cover casing, I think it will look way better with whole body in same matt finish. Being shiny is so pretentious... and it smudges easily...

If possible:

6.5inch 720P edge to edge thin bezel screen

Intel Core m3

I don't mind a slight more heft added by a bigger battery to accommodate the higher spec!

« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 01:17:42 am by koblongata »

Phawx (OP)

« Reply #572 on: April 20, 2017, 02:01:20 am »

Wouldn't you touch the stick pretty much every time you go for the buttons?

That is exactly what I was concerned about when I heard the sticks will be on the edges.

There is no this problem, don't worry too much about, believe us
Although win2 like win1 is 96 mm ,But win1 is includes a projection of rotation of the structure
Win2 is different

@wade

Please excuse me for being direct, but the reason this thread exists is to avoid the problems we all discussed about GPDwin1.

And last time we mentioned about the heatsink for GPDwin1, GPD said, "don't worry"

AVahne

« Reply #573 on: April 20, 2017, 02:21:27 am »
Shoulder button layout is what the Pyra uses today with the extra added L3 R3. I can guarantee the GPD thin paddles will be poor implementations. Fingers will have difficulty discerning with their design, as there is just not enough vertical height back there for stacked bumpers(when the lid is open). Wait and see. :(

Moving the sticks was alluded to by Wade already. I don't want them to do it but I feel mine is a suitable compromise. They'll likely move both sticks to the outside, which is worse in my opinion, to make room for internal components.  ;)
I agree that the thin buttons are awful, but I do prefer wade's layout. I believe a change in button shapes and sizes (along with perhaps beveling the edges of the buttons) could make it more usable, like so:

Of course this could be bettered, such as removing the need of that lip I added to the bottom case, but I think this could be usable.

I COULD agree with your design if you switched the L2/R2 buttons with the L3/R3 buttons. Having the 2 buttons sitting above the 1 and 3 buttons just doesn't sit right with me, and I don't think going back to having them on the keyboard fixes anything.

vcoleiro1

« Reply #574 on: April 20, 2017, 02:29:08 am »
@AVahne

Nice nail clippers :p

Saber

« Reply #575 on: April 20, 2017, 02:45:42 am »
Shoulder button layout is what the Pyra uses today with the extra added L3 R3. I can guarantee the GPD thin paddles will be poor implementations. Fingers will have difficulty discerning with their design, as there is just not enough vertical height back there for stacked bumpers(when the lid is open). Wait and see. :(

Moving the sticks was alluded to by Wade already. I don't want them to do it but I feel mine is a suitable compromise. They'll likely move both sticks to the outside, which is worse in my opinion, to make room for internal components.  ;)
I agree that the thin buttons are awful, but I do prefer wade's layout. I believe a change in button shapes and sizes (along with perhaps beveling the edges of the buttons) could make it more usable, like so:

Of course this could be bettered, such as removing the need of that lip I added to the bottom case, but I think this could be usable.

I COULD agree with your design if you switched the L2/R2 buttons with the L3/R3 buttons. Having the 2 buttons sitting above the 1 and 3 buttons just doesn't sit right with me, and I don't think going back to having them on the keyboard fixes anything.
I admire your attempt and it looks nice, but in that top diagram R3 is too small to use. Bottom drawing is better but the fingers as they would in the other will constantly rub underneath the lid/hinge that way due to a lack of clearance. This is why portable gaming devices have their shoulder buttons at the base. Wade for whatever reason is trying to do the opposite as well.

AVahne

« Reply #576 on: April 20, 2017, 04:53:43 am »

I admire your attempt and it looks nice, but in that top diagram R3 is too small to use. Bottom drawing is better but the fingers as they would in the other will constantly rub underneath the lid/hinge that way due to a lack of clearance. This is why portable gaming devices have their shoulder buttons at the base. Wade for whatever reason is trying to do the opposite as well.

Yeah it was just a thought. If wade is hellbent on having L1/R1 up top, I would rather he do it something like this with enlarged and irregularly shaped buttons. I made the 1 and 2 buttons bigger simply because I believe those are used more often than the 3 buttons.
I figured that the Win 2 will be a bit thicker than the original, so it won't be as bad as we're thinking.
Also, do we even know if the Win 2 will be using the same hinge as before or if they're using a new design that would cause less interference with the shoulder buttons?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 04:55:48 am by AVahne »

AVahne

« Reply #577 on: April 20, 2017, 04:54:18 am »
@AVahne

Nice nail clippers :p

Thanks ^_^ I was using those to build some gundam models.

vcoleiro1

« Reply #578 on: April 20, 2017, 10:58:00 am »
Hopefully wade clears the confusion by  providing a sketch of the proposed game control layout .

Saber

« Reply #579 on: April 20, 2017, 12:05:30 pm »
Hopefully wade clears the confusion by  providing a sketch of the proposed game control layout .

AVahne

« Reply #580 on: April 20, 2017, 12:46:12 pm »
LOL

hellomoto

« Reply #581 on: April 21, 2017, 01:49:25 pm »
Just Give me a cpu that is above 2500 points in single core performance in geekbench and traditional dpad.  I will be happy.

Zyzto

« Reply #582 on: April 21, 2017, 01:51:05 pm »
How about this one

*the keyboard isn't my design(it belong to @Faust ) I just aligned the other keys, the placement of them isn't 100% good.

before anyone says anything about the layout of face buttons and analogs

All controls look like this

I quite like your design!

and I quite like ur keyboard, especially the two fn buttons, I really hate the one FN on left. so 2 are really nice
and I was thinking of changing the brightness buttons so they need fn and replace them with left and right mouse click

and the facebuttons and the Dpad if they can put the 8bitdo NES30 PRO ones that will be really nice

I really hate the Dpad on the Win and xD I always hit down when trying to hit left or right

skelton

« Reply #583 on: April 21, 2017, 02:00:10 pm »
I have no probs with gpd win or xd dpad. I Play perfectly even fighters. I suppose it's a matter of taste, or that I get used to different controllers easily
Retired

Saber

« Reply #584 on: April 21, 2017, 06:29:10 pm »
Figured a color change was desperately needed.
GPD's Layout: http://i.imgur.com/DWrGgOV.png

Comes with smaller buttons, poor F-key placements(F10,F11), poorer Print Screen/Insert placement, Mute button yet no keyboard R3, no Pause/Break, no Scroll Lock, and topped with a butterscotch tint.

http://i.imgur.com/aCj1SrV.png

"Left" and "Right" indicate mouse buttons. Perhaps in mouse mode only the joysticks have altered assignments.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 06:34:44 pm by Saber »

Post a new topic