Author Topic: Charging lights and wifi question  (Read 409 times)

AceGrace (OP)

Charging lights and wifi question
« on: April 21, 2017, 12:38:51 pm »
Hi,

I have just received a GPD Win (Second hand from CEX in the UK). It appears to be fine but I have a question on charging.

If the machine is powered off, is it normal when plugging in the charger (the one in the box) to get a purple light, then a red light, then the light turns off?

Is that OK? Is it charging?

I would expect the red light to stay on until it has finished charging.

The S5 charging is disabled.

Also, The wifi signal on the GPD Win is very weak and I can't connect to my wifi. Is this due to the charge on the battery or is it a driver problem?

Regards
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 12:56:27 pm by AceGrace »

Maniac

Re: Charging lights and wifi question
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 02:27:01 pm »
Not sure about the charging... easy way to check... note the battery percentage, shut it down, leave it for a while, then check the battery percentage again. BTW I have S5 charging on.

Run the wifi patch for your country. http://forum.gpd.hk/t3-the-latest-firmware-of-gpd-game-console
If your country isn't one of the patches, just pick one of them and modify the "ccode" to equal your country's 2 letter code.

bitersnake

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 03:01:08 pm »
Hi,

I have just received a GPD Win (Second hand from CEX in the UK). It appears to be fine but I have a question on charging.

If the machine is powered off, is it normal when plugging in the charger (the one in the box) to get a purple light, then a red light, then the light turns off?

Is that OK? Is it charging?

I would expect the red light to stay on until it has finished charging.

The S5 charging is disabled.

Also, The wifi signal on the GPD Win is very weak and I can't connect to my wifi. Is this due to the charge on the battery or is it a driver problem?

Regards

I had received my GPD demonstrating similar charging behaviour out the box- I don't think yours is charging after the light goes out. If you have an unlocked BIOS, you will find that in System Components, the s5 charging driver is most likely disabled-- just enable this and you should be able to charge the device even when it's powered down.

AceGrace (OP)

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 04:04:28 pm »
Thanks Guys. I enabled the S5 option in the bios and it seems to be charging properly now.

I will try the wifi patch.

Cheers

AceGrace (OP)

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 04:07:50 pm »
Not sure about the charging... easy way to check... note the battery percentage, shut it down, leave it for a while, then check the battery percentage again. BTW I have S5 charging on.

Run the wifi patch for your country. http://forum.gpd.hk/t3-the-latest-firmware-of-gpd-game-console
If your country isn't one of the patches, just pick one of them and modify the "ccode" to equal your country's 2 letter code.

I'm in the UK so should I alter the ccode to be GB?

AceGrace (OP)

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 04:57:45 pm »
All good.

Just ran the patch. Full strength wifi and able to connect.

Really happy.

Thanks guys.

Maniac

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 06:36:22 pm »
Welcome!

Post a new topic