Author Topic: Youtube stuttering L_ROM 1.8  (Read 260 times)

CRaul87 (OP)

Youtube stuttering L_ROM 1.8
« on: April 16, 2017, 09:51:41 pm »
Anyone have problems with YouTube video stuttering on this ROM? This only happens in YouTube and I have tried uninstalling the application and clearing the cache but no difference.

Even at 1,8Ghz on performance mode I still encounter this and is not even on all videos, just some of them.

I never had these issues with the old stock ROM, anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

skelton

Re: Youtube stuttering L_ROM 1.8
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 09:54:51 pm »
I never had issues with YouTube. Buttery smooth using official app or YouTube under Kodi.
YouTube or wifi is the same in all roms, unless Mali drivers can make a difference (which it shouldn't). Which version are you using of the ROM? New Mali drivers or just null version? Did you install it clean using batchtool or via sdcard?
I don't have an XD anymore to test so maybe someone else that still use it can answer better, but when I had it never had an issue with YouTube, in fact it loaded a bit faster
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 09:59:35 pm by skelton »
Retired

johannes

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 10:08:55 pm »
YouTube plays ok for me with legacy.

CRaul87 (OP)

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 12:34:54 am »
I never had issues with YouTube. Buttery smooth using official app or YouTube under Kodi.
YouTube or wifi is the same in all roms, unless Mali drivers can make a difference (which it shouldn't). Which version are you using of the ROM? New Mali drivers or just null version? Did you install it clean using batchtool or via sdcard?
I don't have an XD anymore to test so maybe someone else that still use it can answer better, but when I had it never had an issue with YouTube, in fact it loaded a bit faster
Clean batch, first had the issues with the new mali drivers, then switched to old drivers and still had the same issue.
Using official app.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

skelton

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 11:01:23 am »
I don't know what to suggest because it works fine here. Have you tried with an unofficial like ogyoutube? I think in xfa forums there are modified YouTube apks so maybe you can try some too.
Retired