Author Topic: New GPD XD - A Button getting stuck, tips for a possible fix?  (Read 294 times)

vsilvalopes (OP)

Hi everyone!
Last week I received my GPD XD after two months of waiting.
Can't be more satisfied with the device! But I have a minor problem, with the Button A getting stuck while playing.

I've discovered this, while playing "Super Mario World".
It's was possible to see and reproduce the button getting stuck, because in SMW, we always play with the thumb on X button to make Mario Run, and then hit A so he can jump.

Well, this problem of the button getting stuck, only happens with the A button, I've already tried pressing the other buttons in the same way, but just A have this problem.

I'm thinking about to open the Device, and give some height to the buttons, with some thin PVC (0,30 mm or 0,50 mm) piece beneath the buttons and the rubber pad.

When I had a JXD S5110b, I had the same problem, and solved the same way.

Anyone had a problem like this? If yes, how you solved it ?

Sending the device back for RMA it's not an option, since I live in Brazil, and it toke two months just for the device arrive.

Thanks in advance!
The hardware must go to the limit !

tiagao_extremo

Re: New GPD XD - A Button getting stuck, tips for a possible fix?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 02:36:10 pm »
Hi silva, i kind of had this same issue, but mine was with the B button, in which sometimes the button would get stuck when i pressed it. My "fix" was easier, actually after a few days of constant usage it disappeared and it never happened again, all buttons are working just fine. Anyway, since we live in Brazil, i wouldn't recommend sending back because it will easily take around 4 months so that you can finally receive a new one. First you could try playing it a little more to check if this will be gone, try playing some SHMUPS games, that will require pressing the buttons many times. If this issue persists, you could try replacing the rubber beneath it. You can use a nintendo 3ds one, since it's the same size and it's easier to find. As a last suggestion i would also recommend this kit for you that GPD it's selling. It's a complete kit that basically has every single buttons, analogs, dpads, even a flat cable. I bought it and it's great. It's cheap also:

https://aliexpress.com/item/Acess-rios-e-pe-as-de-reposi-o-para-GPD-XD-16-GB-32-GB-64/32679384966.html

sirp0p0

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 04:22:09 am »
Yeah it will go away. My A button had that problem and it didn't take long to stop. Really annoying at first.

dreamesper

• Dreamesper
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 04:39:09 am »
Let us know if it fixes itself... I'm curious to know, thanks.

:o

vsilvalopes (OP)

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 01:12:54 pm »
Hi thiagao and sirp0p0 !
Indeed the issue is getting less frequent! :D

I started to play other games with heavy use on "A" button, and I see that the frequency that it gets stuck is slowing!

It's probably the new rubber contact !

In any case, I've bought a kit of contact rubber from Nintendo DS, and if the problem doesn't go away, or get worse, I will mod it.

Thanks for the replys! And sorry the delay to answer! I forgot to enable the notifications!    :o
The hardware must go to the limit !

Post a new topic