Author Topic: Legacy problem - Unfortunately, System Update has stopped  (Read 439 times)

Maus (OP)

Legacy problem - Unfortunately, System Update has stopped
« on: May 13, 2017, 10:25:30 pm »
Hi everyone, just bought a GPD XD 64gb and have a couple of issues I hope you can help with.

I installed Legacy ROM (1.4GHz Edition) using Retro Rob's YouTube guide and hooking the device to my PC. It worked fine but I now keep getting the following message popping up:
Unfortunately, System Update has stopped

I am very much a newbie to devices such as this but I googled the problem and I see it has been mentioned here before and to go into app settings and clear the cache for said app. I've done this and rebooted and still have the error. Others have suggested the following: Just open the update tablet app, select configuración and uncheck the options in the app. - I wasn't quite sure what this referred to exactly but I now can't even open the System Update app as it just gives me the Unfortunately, System Update has stopped message then too.

Should I do a factory reset and try installing Legacy again or is there a surefire way to solve this problem?

Many thanks in advance!

skelton

Re: Legacy problem - Unfortunately, System Update has stopped
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 10:27:44 pm »
Open system update app, go to settings and untick the options. Problem solved. If you cannot open system update app go to settings/applications and look for the app and clear its data and cache and try to open it again. You can also freeze it with an app like titanium backup or  ROM toolbox.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 10:32:29 pm by skelton »
Retired

Maus (OP)

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 10:34:52 pm »
Thanks very much for your help Skelton, I wasn't clearing the data before but have done now and your instructions worked.

Look forward to hanging out here, appreciate all the knowledge  :)

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 07:35:25 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdmwBQ-totA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdmwBQ-totA</a>
Written and Video Link

I totally overlooked that problem. So I added a quick video to show the fix and added it to the rom install tutorials.

dreamesper

• Dreamesper
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 08:51:18 pm »
Thanks Psyops, tutorials are always appreciated.

;D

Post a new topic
Post a new topic