Author Topic: GPD XD2  (Read 55237 times)

vcoleiro1 (OP)

Re: GPD XD2
« Reply #390 on: May 19, 2017, 12:39:16 am »
Well, I think it's fair to say that like with anything, there are those that wnat it, and those that dont. 

Probably not worth arguing about until we hear more about GPD's plans.  It could be they offer the XD2 with and without LTE so that everyone is happy. 

siegel17701

« Reply #391 on: May 19, 2017, 01:44:26 am »
I still want to make phone calls on my PS Vita.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Phawx

« Reply #392 on: May 19, 2017, 04:27:29 pm »
Well, I think it's fair to say that like with anything, there are those that wnat it, and those that dont. 

Probably not worth arguing about until we hear more about GPD's plans.  It could be they offer the XD2 with and without LTE so that everyone is happy.

Agreed. 

Right now, the only gaming phone that I can potentially look forward to is the new Moto Z with the official moto gamepad mod.  It's not as sweet as having a slide out mechanism, but it has great modern specs, latest stock android and a pretty decent camera.

AVahne

« Reply #393 on: May 26, 2017, 04:55:03 am »
Been off Android gaming ever since I got my Win, and thought I wouldn't need Android gaming anymore, but I'm sort of starting to miss it. My Shield is really growing long in the tooth, so I'd like a replacement soon. Hopefully XD2 isn't TOO far off, though I also hope whatever SoC they choose would be a sizable leap over the Tegra 4. Then again, any Chinese SoC they use would probably just be using one of the way older, meh-er ARM Mali GPUs...

skelton

« Reply #394 on: May 26, 2017, 09:08:08 am »
Been off Android gaming ever since I got my Win, and thought I wouldn't need Android gaming anymore, but I'm sort of starting to miss it. My Shield is really growing long in the tooth, so I'd like a replacement soon. Hopefully XD2 isn't TOO far off, though I also hope whatever SoC they choose would be a sizable leap over the Tegra 4. Then again, any Chinese SoC they use would probably just be using one of the way older, meh-er ARM Mali GPUs...
The current xd performs similar to shield portable. A bit better in some emus like uoyabause which is unplayable in the shield. Xd2 Will use a mtk mid range with a cortex a72 and power vr GPU. For emulation should be enough.
Retired

Sousaptak

« Reply #395 on: May 26, 2017, 09:23:12 am »
just an honest view... since snapdragon released their 10 NM line up with SD 835. SD 821 ( last year's flagship SOC) will get cheaper... its way more powerful than RK SOC. add 4GB ram and 64GB/128GB EMMC or UFS storage. 7000 mah+ battery and a 6 inch screen... and it will next gaming handheld hotcake.... but I know wade will never do that , as GPD have their own way of doing things and stating this is better, please dont worry !!!!

skelton

« Reply #396 on: May 26, 2017, 09:34:05 am »
just an honest view... since snapdragon released their 10 NM line up with SD 835. SD 821 ( last year's flagship SOC) will get cheaper... its way more powerful than RK SOC. add 4GB ram and 64GB/128GB EMMC or UFS storage. 7000 mah+ battery and a 6 inch screen... and it will next gaming handheld hotcake.... but I know wade will never do that , as GPD have their own way of doing things and stating this is better, please dont worry !!!!
They don't use snapdragon because of price
 Qualcomm demands them to buy Too Many chips to get a decent price. Also, they want to release It at a similar price to current xd, because if they release It at about 350 or so, the GPD win is better device. They are going to use a mtk device according to wade from gpd.
Retired

AVahne

« Reply #397 on: May 27, 2017, 04:26:05 am »
The current xd performs similar to shield portable. A bit better in some emus like uoyabause which is unplayable in the shield. Xd2 Will use a mtk mid range with a cortex a72 and power vr GPU. For emulation should be enough.

I'm one of those rare creatures who buy and play on Android devices for actual Android games. I have other things for emulation, like my Pandora, so while I do sometimes emulate on my Android devices it's not a priority or a selling point for me.
That's why I'm more concerned about the GPU than the CPU parts of these SoCs. I prefer having dedicated machines for gaming rather than using my phone for all my games, as storage and battery are limited. My Shield was partly my Avabel machine since it was the only Android device (BT controllers included) I have that has a fully working controller for that game, and I'm just hoping there's enough oomph in the XD2's GPU to run the upcoming Gate of Rebellion and God Eater Online well enough while looking good.

siegel17701

« Reply #398 on: June 14, 2017, 10:51:08 pm »

I'm one of those rare creatures who buy and play on Android devices for actual Android games. I have other things for emulation, like my Pandora, so while I do sometimes emulate on my Android devices it's not a priority or a selling point for me.
That's why I'm more concerned about the GPU than the CPU parts of these SoCs. I prefer having dedicated machines for gaming rather than using my phone for all my games, as storage and battery are limited. My Shield was partly my Avabel machine since it was the only Android device (BT controllers included) I have that has a fully working controller for that game, and I'm just hoping there's enough oomph in the XD2's GPU to run the upcoming Gate of Rebellion and God Eater Online well enough while looking good.
Same here. I play android games. The xd is great, except for touch games, i.e. shadowrun, fallout shelter etc. Some sort of flat screen would be great.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk