Author Topic: GPD XD Hydro Thunder White Screen  (Read 448 times)

DougOnEarth (OP)

GPD XD Hydro Thunder White Screen
« on: April 10, 2017, 02:01:21 am »
Running stock rom and Reicast R6. Tried a lot of the CI Builds too. All I get is a white screen.

The first time I ran Reicast (was R6), it actually ran, but ran at like 4 times the normal speed and was unplayable.

So, after some digging into the bug logs, I found the CI Builds. Uninstalled Reicast and using those builds (about 10 of them) but nothing would get the game to run.

I have scoured the forums, youtube, you name it looking for a way to get this to run. (obviously my FAVE game:))

I have tried different versions too (.GDI, .CDI). Just can't get this game to run.

What is odd is that the first time I ever started up Reicast (R6 install from the Play Store), it ran, but fast like I said.

Now wont run at all, only that white screen that lasts foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

If somebody has gotten this title to run, please let me know how???:) Maybe PM me the 'good' version?

Thanks!

konpia

Re: GPD XD Hydro Thunder White Screen
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 02:05:49 am »
Uninstall the bitgames centre app (Gamepad Assistant app), not the Gamepad app.

DougOnEarth (OP)

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 02:15:13 am »
Thanks.

Should I stay on R6?

If not, what CI Build should I use that is the best with the least bugs? And Hydro Thunder still work:)

Also, I uninstalled the GamePad Assistant app, restarted the GPD XD and still getting the white screen forever.....

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 02:20:58 am by DougOnEarth »

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 06:08:46 am »
Out of curiosity what rom are you running it on? I would like to know because I have yet to get reicast to work, But i know very little about it and settings/builds. So it would be cool if i can get it running on legacy rom and keep note of all steps and all settings involved from start to play. That way I can put up a guide for everyone to follow.

TBH I have yet to really sit down and play the gpd because I have been setting up a website and doing some tuts/videos. But would be nice to finish it up and have a gpd ready to go!  ;D

konpia

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 06:36:59 am »
I only tested a few games and they are not running well, hit and miss.

DougOnEarth (OP)

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 03:52:09 am »
Is there any other apps that I should uninstall besides the 'Gamepad Assistant app'?

Maybe the BIOS is at fault? Every time I run Reicast, the BIOs region in the top section of the settings gets reset to 'J' for Japan is assume. Even if I close or restart the app, or try to change the region to 'U' it goes back to 'J'.

Is there anyone who could try this game in their GPD XD using Reicast?

I would greatly appreciate it:)

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 04:15:01 am by DougOnEarth »

Post a new topic