Author Topic: GPD XD Bluetooth  (Read 1381 times)

sleyk (OP)

GPD XD Bluetooth
« on: August 06, 2016, 06:54:20 pm »
So, i haven‘t gotten my hands on an XD as of yet to test this, still waiting.... (damn you, slow shipping) but i wanted to create a thread to ask if bluetooth or any usb dongle/adapter can be used on the Q9/XD through a small OTG cable/adapter and maybe an android app like total commander or any app that installs a usb plugin?

I was thinking about picking this little bad boy up: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AMMOGDM/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2DP577VE5NG9E

I would plug in a usb bluetooth adapter, and see if i could find some android bluetooth drivers? Could this work? Has anyone tested this so far? Would love to use a wireless bluetooth headset with my XD.

skelton

Re: GPD XD Bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 07:09:44 pm »
There is no bluetooth support even for USB dongles. Bt stack should be backported or modifying libusb library, but even with that only some CSR Bt dongles would work.
Retired

sleyk (OP)

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 07:22:17 pm »
Ok, thanks for the reply Skelton. Yeah, i was hoping that maybe someone had a method or way to get this to work, but i trust you when you say its not possible with the device, since you definitely know what your talking about when it comes to these devices hand down! The little tidbit on CSR dongles piqued my interest as i was wondering if there were any specific chipsets that even remotely had a shot at working were available. I was trying to see if i could read up on CSR and other chipsets.

What a shame though! This device would be so much more amazing if bluetooth was included! Do you happen to know the reasoning behind this? Perhaps a pre planned effort to save a few dollars so the end product could be cheaper? I hate to think that gpd couldnt get the bluetooth aspect to work, as all android phones have working bluetooth functionality included easily.

Very sadthough, as i would have taken even an older generation of bluetooth, like 2.1 edr over nothing. Then the could have saved the newer gen 4.1 or so for the newer devices like win or the XD2.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 07:24:09 pm by sleyk »

skelton

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 08:07:17 pm »
The reason is google. Google removed BT USB support in android 4.2 due to "security reasons". Some cyanogenROM include that, but only a few dongles work (like 5 percent or so), so it requires a work that's not worth it.
Retired

sleyk (OP)

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 10:13:27 pm »
Ok, got it. Thanks! Strange on google's part. Ah well. Yeah, seems like it isnt worth it for the work of sorting out a working bluetooth.

Now i am thinking some sort of 3.5mm jack/wireless transmitter can be the only solution. I will search some cheap solutions, and create another thread for it. Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 08:06:03 pm by sleyk »

Beerman1138

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 04:09:09 pm »
Sleyk --

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Receiver-Portable-Wireless-Calling/dp/B00NG78CJU/ref=sr_1_3?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1470668851&sr=1-3&keywords=aukey+bluetooth+transmitter

I've used one of these, and I recommend it.  I use it the other direction, making a pair of regular headphones bluetooth compatible, but I have also on occasion reversed it, to send audio from my phone to my car stereo.  Should work fine for the XD. 

KSS1992

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 02:05:05 pm »
This topic hasnt been posted for a while I know, but with this CSR dongle (the one posted by the other user) would you in fact be able to use a bluetooth controller? like xbox one s controller Gamesir controller?

The reason is google. Google removed BT USB support in android 4.2 due to "security reasons". Some cyanogenROM include that, but only a few dongles work (like 5 percent or so), so it requires a work that's not worth it.

skelton

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 02:41:29 pm »
The firmware doesn't have BT stack so no for BT controllers. Usb controllers are better anyway because BT controllers always have more input delay.
Retired

KSS1992

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 03:09:14 pm »
Oh okay cool! no worries I might just wait for the GPD XD 2 then because Wade said it will have BT, and I might get the GPD XD as gift for someone lol

The firmware doesn't have BT stack so no for BT controllers. Usb controllers are better anyway because BT controllers always have more input delay.

skelton

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2017, 04:44:09 pm »
I personally never felt the need of using a BT cotroller in a handheld. Perhaps because I never play with it on the TV.
Retired

KSS1992

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2017, 04:45:33 pm »
Yeah true its just mostly for gaming with friends on the tv like mario party

I personally never felt the need of using a BT cotroller in a handheld. Perhaps because I never play with it on the TV.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 06:15:20 pm by KSS1992 »

ruffnutts

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2017, 04:10:29 pm »
Gamesir controller?

I can confirm GameSir controller works with the XD and is a great purchase for anyone interested as its BT and Wireless 2.4Ghz comes with a dongle ;)

ruffnutts 8)

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2017, 07:50:10 pm »
How about a model number ruff, maybe we can start a list or something. Especially how not many are supported.

ruffnutts

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2017, 08:22:45 pm »
its a GameSir G3s ;D

skelton

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2017, 08:40:30 pm »
The tronsmart g01 works Too. It is wireless USB Too.
Retired

Post a new topic
Post a new topic