Author Topic: GPD making a squeeky noise when opening, anything to be concerned about?  (Read 236 times)

AlexTheMan (OP)

Hello my gpd keeps making a squeeking/creaking noise when I open it.  Please see this video and you can clearly hear the sound when at point where it goes 95 degrees up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi9_919se2w

1) Is this a problem a lot of gpds have and is it something I should just live with or is it something more serious i.e. the hinge might break with time and so I should get it repaired/returned?

2)  I asked the seller I bought it from and he told me the problem was to do with the upper shell(though not sure if he was being truthful).  He told me to open the upper case and change the shell myself however I watched a video on it and it seems like when doing so the shell might collapse so I'd rather not go near that.  However I would like your opinion, is it easy to just unscrew and open the shell with a credit crad or might I end up breaking it?

Again please let me if anyone else had this problem, if its serious or not?  Provided something wont break over time Id rather just live with the defect than open it and make things worse.  If however you think its easy to fix maybe i will open it up.  Please advise.

Doopysdad

It's totally normal - :)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

AlexTheMan (OP)

What makes you say that?  Even the supplier admits that there is a problem with the shell hence the sound.

Anyway of more concern is, will it eventually lead to a broken hinge or anything like that, shoudl I try to repair it?

CRaul87

If it really bothers you you could try some lubrifiant spray on there to stop it if it comes from the hinge but don't hold me responsible if anything goes wrong

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Doopysdad

What makes you say that?  Even the supplier admits that there is a problem with the shell hence the sound.

Anyway of more concern is, will it eventually lead to a broken hinge or anything like that, shoudl I try to repair it?
Most GPD hinges creek when opening/closing

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

jpino3786

Mine sometimes squeaks too.  I wouldn't worry about anything unless you see a crack in the hinge..After all, it is all plastic, and plastic squeaks over time from the heat beating on it.  Next time you play a game and you're losing, try throwing it against the wall and see if the cover flies off.  This will be a test to see how sturdy the plastic hinges are on the GPD.  ;) ;)

sirp0p0

They all squeak. It goes away over time. It's just the plastic rubbing together.

Post a new topic