Author Topic: Got TWRP for GPD XD?  (Read 1003 times)

PsyOps (OP)

• Section Eight
Re: Got TWRP for GPD XD?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2017, 09:31:24 pm »
I reflashed legacy and it booted but i lost everything. No big deal. I guess now I should figure out how to flash cwm cause I dont want this to happen again.

When I did SU before it said something like su wasnt a command or wasnt found. Im not savy on adb so I was fumbling around trying diff commands.

skelton

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2017, 09:36:36 pm »
User @jumpup use these recoveries, so probably he can tell you how IS flashed It.
http://boards.dingoonity.org/gpd-android-devices/(rom)-legacyrom-kitkat-for-gpd-xd/msg140900/#msg140900

I don't have my XD anymore so i cannot test, but in theory following the instructions frm arctablet fˇrum It should work. Try selecting cwm manually in androidrtool and run It, It should work unless something IS messy with your rk drivers.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 09:38:18 pm by skelton »
Retired

PsyOps (OP)

• Section Eight
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2017, 10:33:45 pm »
OK i feel stupid now. Yet again thank you skelton. Turns out with all the files I downloaded one of them was only packed with one specific TWRP and no other images inside the package. So I was trying to install something that wasnt there. The menu still showed all options. So i Redownloaded it and tried again with no problems. I used a diff pc ( not my win 10 lappy) so that may have been it too. I think once i get everything setup again I can make a vid tut to help any new person with gpd.

Thnx again.

btw my skills are limited but are with gfx. so if you ever have a need for any gfx you let me know and ill help you out as much as I can.

I feel much better with cwm installed to help me backup and in case of emergencies like the one that just happened.

PsyOps (OP)

• Section Eight
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2017, 03:45:45 pm »
CWM gives an error "E:Can't mount /external_sd" when trying to acess sd. Now on the site that has cwm and twrp for the "RK3066 and RK3188" it says twrp isnt able to access sd card, but cwm is supposed to be able to.

Is it giving that error because LegacyRom uses nexus as a device label or something?

Taken from XDA forum
Since nobody did explain why it can't mount, I will.

GALAXY NEXUS HAS NO SDCARD. It only has folder that is used as sdcard. CWM doesn't know that, thus making that mount feature useless on Galaxy Nexus

Like El Daddy said, connect your computer while your phone is in recovery mode, open cmd on the directory where you have fastboot.exe, then type "adb push ROMNAME.zip /sdcard/". You will also need to place your ROM file into the directory where you have fastboot.exe

Since that's done, please use search next time. There are too many threads talking about this exact problem.

should it be working?

oh also when i do a backup, in the print out i get a few lines:

- E: Can't mount backup path.
- SD Card space free 25975MB  ( so it reads the card right i think )
- No .android_secure found. Skipping backup of applications on external storage.

so if it cant read from external it would make CWM useless for me. If i can't flash an image from sd card on a stuck boot or brick then kinda makes it poop.

ur thoughts?

skelton

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2017, 04:16:26 pm »
The nexus 5 spoof doesn't affect CWM, because recovery doesn't read build.prop, just system.prop inside recovery, which depends on the person who compiled it.  Anyhow system.prop doesn't matter, recoveries just look for mount points and partitions tables

If you in CWM go to external sd, does it read it? Because it if does then, everything is ok. If not, try to mount it manually in CWM options.
 Acording to this msg CWM works, using Oma's build for Rk3288.

http://boards.dingoonity.org/gpd-android-devices/(rom)-legacyrom-kitkat-for-gpd-xd/msg140900/#msg140900

I donít understand your mention of CWM for rk3066 or rk3188. Those RK use generally different partition table, so use the one for RK3288, this one:

http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/rk3288-entwicklung-und-customroms-development-and-croms/rk3288-rom-twrpcwm-flash-tool-custom-root-firmware-20150117/
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 04:18:26 pm by skelton »
Retired

PsyOps (OP)

• Section Eight
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2017, 04:38:37 pm »
yeh sorry i got "RK3066 and RK3188" from:

"ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery easy install for RK3066 and RK3188 -- TWRP/CWM Flash-Tool and root for RK3288"
the title of the thread. didn't realize it was for RK3288

That is the thread you just linked me to.

Let me try mounting manually through CWM options.

- Error mounting /external_sd!

tried otg and got the same
- Error mounting /usb-otg!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 04:48:28 pm by PsyOps »

skelton

Retired

PsyOps (OP)

• Section Eight
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2017, 05:09:43 pm »
I am almost 100% that is the same file I had installed but just in case I reflashed right from the link you gave me.
Same errors.

skelton

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2017, 05:12:32 pm »
It's strange then, because some people reported that this cwm works ok in xd. Just a doubt. Do you have your microsd in fat32 ir exfat? Because if it's exfat that could be the reason. Fat32 is more compatible with cwm
Retired

PsyOps (OP)

• Section Eight
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2017, 05:18:12 pm »
yes it is in exfat. Ill reformat and see if it helps.
Lots of files, ganna take a bit.

Wonder why otg doesn't work either. That is Fat32. Ill try anyway.

skelton

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2017, 05:30:46 pm »
Usb otg is for pendrive. It is only mounted if you have one. I am not sure if the mount point in xd is usb otg, i think it is usb_storage
Retired

PsyOps (OP)

• Section Eight
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2017, 05:58:19 pm »
yes i connected a usb thumb drive. 32gb in Fat format  ;D
Doesn't matter it didnt work I just needed card to work.
I'm making a backup atm, ganna try and make a nub tut on installing legacy and cwm.

PsyOps (OP)

• Section Eight
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2017, 07:59:42 pm »
sorry forgot to update. I left the window open and forgot to submit.

The card formatted FAT worked.

Im working on getting files together for tut.

Once again thnx skelton.

skelton

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2017, 08:09:42 pm »
Yeah, most probably that CWM is a bit old and didn't support exfat. I always use Fat32 in Android because generally is much compatible than exfat,not only with CWM, but generally speaking.
Retired

jumpup

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2017, 10:36:01 pm »
I have TWRP installed. If anyone needs some guidance, just tag or PM me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post a new topic