Author Topic: Firmware 3.4.2  (Read 1168 times)

PsyOps (OP)

• Section Eight
Re: Firmware 3.4.2
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2017, 02:36:05 am »
Yeh I'm not even certain it is file or what the problem is. I just didn't feel right pointing people to the site if there is any possibility to brick the GPD. We have been messing with the gpd for a while and know how easy it is to get back from a brick, but I'm sure a new user will freak out hehe. Either way I made sure to try all the files that way I am certain it at least worked on mine.

And yes I'm all for Legacy but some people are more comfortable with stock ( for some reason ) hehe. I think I plastered "Go with Legacy" as much as I could on the site, but the option is still there for stock  ;D.

Anywho I'll keep working on the site, so much to do. If you guys have suggestions please let me know.

My hopes is once i setup the backbone to the website, people will join and write their own Tuts. That way we can cover as much ground and answer just about every question possible, and it will be all indexed nicely.

jeffmaas4887

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2017, 04:20:52 pm »
If I do the Firmware update with the batch tool will I loose all my games and apps and have to start over again???

skelton

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2017, 04:32:27 pm »
Yes, via BatchTool you are formatting your internal memory
Retired

jeffmaas4887

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2017, 04:35:13 pm »
Is there away to do it with out loosing all my apps and games and having to start over?

PsyOps (OP)

• Section Eight
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2017, 05:13:19 pm »
I have been meaning to try and find a way. Let me play with CWM and maybe Titanium Backup. There may be a way to backup aps, then flash new firmware, then restore aps. The problems is, some of your games may be configured to the stock rom. You have to keep in mind that some of those options for Titanium may be on pro version too, dunno.

But as far as apps and games and all that, Yes you will have to start over if you use the Batch tool method.
And as far as the update.img method, it's a toss up whether it's ganna work or not.

skelton

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2017, 06:50:50 pm »
Is there away to do it with out loosing all my apps and games and having to start over?

Install the firmware via sdcard.
Retired